Jets Sign 3rd Round Pick Chuma Edoga

Chuma Edoga

The NY Jets have signed tackle Chuma Edoga, their third-round draft pick (92nd overall) out of the University of Southern California.

We’ve signed 3rd-round pick Chuma Edoga. #TakeFlight

? https://t.co/SCR3fq8GgL pic.twitter.com/eLhvMKMhxa

— New York Jets (@nyjets) June 27, 2019

Edoga, who missed the start of the Jets’ rookie orientation under head coach Adam Gase in May because he was receiving his degree from USC, becomes the 17th Trojan to be drafted by the Jets, the fourth offensive lineman and the third tackle, arriving after Marvin Powell was taken fourth overall in 1977 and Dave Cadigan went eighth overall in 1988.

Edoga is the fifth player of the Green & White’s six-man draft class to sign.

Edoga who is 6’3″ and 308lbs played at USC and blocked for Sam Darnold in college.

“I blocked for Sammy D in college,” Edoga said, “and to block for him in the NFL, it’s a blessing, a dream come true.”

“I’m just really excited for him, just as a friend, for him to be able to get drafted where he was drafted and for us to take a chance on him, I think it’s going to pay off for this organization in the future,” Darnold said. “I see him really excelling in the NFL.”

You can read more about Chuma Edoga in our forums.

The post Jets Sign 3rd Round Pick Chuma Edoga appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
LP_gnzER4e0

Click here to read the full story...

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why does it take so long to sign these guys? Isn’t there a set rookie price? 

I believe the money is pretty much set. However how it gets paid when it gets paid, in case of injuries or fines excetera excetera. It's not the amount of money it's the fine print

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I believe the money is pretty much set. However how it gets paid when it gets paid, in case of injuries or fines excetera excetera. It's not the amount of money it's the fine print

Offset language is usually a sticking point ... so if the team cuts the player and he then signs elsewhere, the team that drafted him wants to be able offset the new deal against their original deal. The player, naturally, wants to be paid in full for both.