Baldy's Breakdown of Quinnen Williams agains the Giants

On 8/15/2019 at 6:46 AM, Dcat said:

Mac said in an interview that there were "multiple trade offers" none of which he felt provided the value of the #3 pick.  I don't have the link, but the interview was posted in this forum because that's where I heard it.

I’m fine with that.  I won’t blame Macc for not selling a $1 bill for 75 cents.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

which, in this case, is the equivalent of not blaming him for leaving the team with so many holes in critical places.  We didn't "need" Q.  We had more pressing needs and I have no doubt he could have addressed two of them instead of one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

which, in this case, is the equivalent of not blaming him for leaving the team with so many holes in critical places.  We didn't "need" Q.  We had more pressing needs and I have no doubt he could have addressed two of them instead of one.

I'm still onboard with QW at #3 vs. any trade that would have less than say a 95% return.  We'll never know the offers but in a draft deep at Front 7 talent with guys like Oliver and Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, and many others still on the board I don't think anybody was making a power move up the board.

Hell yes i would taken 75 cents on the dollar. Extra picks and still get someone like Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, Garrett Bradbury or Andre Dillard? Sign me up.

Unless you’re trading down to a QB-needy team who likes someone, you’re always gonna get about 75 cents on the dollar. Still have to bite the bullet in that scenario.

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Stop changing the point being made. You know what im saying. Its insane to continuously do the same thing and expect change.

How many years must we draft defense in the 1st round when we cant score points? 

How many defensive linemen in the 1st round or top 10 must we draft when we have holes everywhere else but the Dline? 

This isnt about fixing this team in 1 draft, this is about turning away from what we've been constantly doing...which only takes 1 draft to do. 

All of this is opinion which you're entitled to have. What I will say is, Dillard being a waste of a 1st round pick to you doesnt matter to a team stacked with talent to the point where they can take 1st round rookies and sit them behind All-Pro future HOF talent to learn from and to ultimately replace. 

So there goes that argument. 

Again Ill refer you to the case of Bill Parcells vs himself when he traded down a billion times and got nothing to show for it 

that's not entirely true he got Jason Ferguson... nose tackle... at the end of rd 7 pick 229 

he didn't get 10 starters he got 2 and Farrior didn't make a second deal 

Also you never really locked in a name. So just to be clear you are taking a below market trade deal, screw the charts, and taking Andre Dillard.  who doesn't start on this lineup today - And some other players you are too lazy to look up

Mac would be making these picks by the way. Mac... a man who thought Christian Hackenberg was worth a 2 and Polite was worth a 3. 

if i have 1 point it's that quality doesn't equal quantity it's the gold jacket types that change the outcomes WIN or LOSE of these games. and you don't usually find those guys trading out of 3 overall.  they go at 3 overall. 

don't even bother looking up tom brady level exceptions that prove the rule most of the all pros, pro bowlers and Hof'ers in league history come from the top of rd 1 

all the b level cornerbacks and c level pass rushers in the world don't add 1 single win to this team when they all suck. 

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Again Ill refer you to the case of Bill Parcells vs himself when he traded down a billion times and got nothing to show for it 

that's not entirely true he got Jason Ferguson... nose tackle... at the end of rd 7 pick 229 

he didn't get 10 starters he got 2 and Farrior didn't make a second deal 

Also you never really locked in a name. So just to be clear you are taking a below market trade deal, screw the charts, and taking Andre Dillard.  who doesn't start on this lineup today - And some other players you are too lazy to look up

Mac would be making these picks by the way. Mac... a man who thought Christian Hackenberg was worth a 2 and Polite was worth a 3. 

if i have 1 point it's that quality doesn't equal quantity it's the gold jacket types that change the outcomes WIN or LOSE of these games. and you don't usually find those guys trading out of 3 overall.  they go at 3 overall. 

don't even bother looking up tom brady level exceptions that prove the rule most of the all pros, pro bowlers and Hof'ers in league history come from the top of rd 1 

all the b level cornerbacks and c level pass rushers in the world don't add 1 single win to this team when they all suck. 

You took too long.