Dontrelle Inman coming in for a workout/tryout

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How many WRs do you think we're keeping?  Robby, Enunwa, Crowder and Bellamy are locks IMO.

Not convinced on Bellamy, by all account a good locker room guy. He’s predominantly a Gunner on special teams and a limited receiver.

Cannon is younger cheaper and faster, Burnett is a classic slot man. He should fill in for Crowder. I for one done like the move. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not convinced on Bellamy, by all account a good locker room guy. He’s predominantly a Gunner on special teams and a limited receiver.

Cannon is younger cheaper and faster, Burnett is a classic slot man. He should fill in for Crowder. I for one done like the move. 

It would still surprise me if Bellamy is let go.  The Jets just signed him as free agent in March so I assume that, like Crowder, he's someone that Gase wanted.  Not saying it won't happen....but it would be very surprising.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I guess they are not impressed with Bellemy, Dortch, Burnett combo

Of these three, I only see my adopted Jet, Burnett, making an impact. Bellamy seems to be a Gase guy though, I'd be surprised if he doesn't stick. I'd be ok with Dortch on the PS, but I'm not really excited about him, even though I love the Dortch the Torch thing a couple of guys have going here.... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Of these three, I only see my adopted Jet, Burnett, making an impact. Bellamy seems to be a Gase guy though, I'd be surprised if he doesn't stick. I'd be ok with Dortch on the PS, but I'm not really excited about him, even though I love the Dortch the Torch thing a couple of guys have going here.... 

I agree but it looks like Burnett is closer to being out, Bellamy seems to have a place... not sure what it is and Dortch is a perfect KR/PR/ Back-up slot. Inman QA is an Outside WR... 

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I agree but it looks like Burnett is closer to being out, Bellamy seems to have a place... not sure what it is and Dortch is a perfect KR/PR/ Back-up slot. Inman is an Outside WR... 

Inman signed in SD.  They are working out Quincy Adeboyejo today.  Has played in 1 game in his NFL career in Baltimore in 2017.  0 receptions.  He is less experienced than Burnett. 

No harm working him out, but hard to get excited about a guy who has only played 38 more NFL snaps than I have.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I guess they are not impressed with Bellemy, Dortch, Burnett combo

They all seem to be WR 6 type guys.  I'm hoping Burnett sticks and I like Dortch as a punt returner.  They need a true WR type though for that WR 4/5 spot.  A guy with size, decent speed and more importantly, good hands and route-running abilities.  If Dortch finds his way onto the roster it won't be because of his WR abilities....those will be secondary.  I would like to see him make it though as a slot backup for Crowder and our punt returner.

51 minutes ago, Lith said:

Inman signed in SD.  They are working out Quincy Adeboyejo today.  Has played in 1 game in his NFL career in Baltimore in 2017.  0 receptions.  He is less experienced than Burnett. 

No harm working him out, but hard to get excited about a guy who has only played 38 more NFL snaps than I have.

Adeboyejo is big and fast and an NFL player.  It makes sense to keep up on the ones that are available.  Just in case.  He went through Baltimore in 2017 and I think some of this staff was there.  He came out considered raw and spent time on the PUP in 2018 and non-football injury list in 2019.  He may be worth something. 

*BTW, his profile shows the problem with wiki-research.  Wikipedia shows his broad jump at 12'3".  That is sick.  Unfortunately, he jumped 123".  Feet are not metric.  That is 10'3".  That is a difference you can drive a truck through.  Kind of like certain unofficial pro day 40s. 

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Adeboyejo is big and fast and an NFL player.  It makes sense to keep up on the ones that are available.  Just in case.  He went through Baltimore in 2017 and I think some of this staff was there.  He came out considered raw and spent time on the PUP in 2018 and non-football injury list in 2019.  He may be worth something. 

*BTW, his profile shows the problem with wiki-research.  Wikipedia shows his broad jump at 12'3".  That is sick.  Unfortunately, he jumped 123".  Feet are not metric.  That is 10'3".  That is a difference you can drive a truck through.  Kind of like certain unofficial pro day 40s. 

If they are looking for this type of player, why not bring in Kevin White... Just released from the Cardinals when they signed Crabtree... I know injuries plagued his career but has great hands... I guess if he can't make the roster in ARZ, he has no shot here.... Just a thought.

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If they are looking for this type of player, why not bring in Kevin White... Just released from the Cardinals when they signed Crabtree... I know injuries plagued his career but has great hands... I guess if he can't make the roster in ARZ, he has no shot here.... Just a thought.

Interesting thought.  You would think that these guys have enough experience with him to decide.  Gase was OC in Chicago when he was drafted and Loggains was there from 2015-2017.  They probably know him inside and out.  Of course, he was cut with (surprise! surprise!) a lingering hamstring injury, so they may not want to have him in yet, even if they like him. 

• Upvote 1