Chris Ryan Joins Jets' Negative Beat Writer Brigade With Awful Slant on Bill Parcells Compliment

joewilly12

15 hours ago, devland said:

Actually the headline writer did his job.  He got people to read the article.  Jet's fans read it ready to be enraged.  Non-Jet fan's read the article because they think the article is a dig at the Jet's.  A newspaper editor told me years ago that the purpose of a headline is to attract people to the story,  TV news does the same thing.  They throw a tidbit out there before a break.  Then you hang around to see the story and realize the tidbit was misleading.

It doesn't make it any less dishonest when the headline contradicts the story.  I don't care if they don't like the Jets but I do think less of the Ledger when they post headlines that contradict the actual article.

13 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

That's not even what Parcells meant.  He said guys walk into the league ready to be a star but not willing to put in the work to get there.  Darnold isn't ready to be a star, he's ready to come in and work his ass off.  Add to that the stupid sentence, "Parcells tampered expectations...".  How do you "tamper" expectations?  You can temper expectations, but again, that's not even what Parcells what doing.  This article is written by someone who should have chosen a different line of work.

I was being sarcastic. Let your buddy Voice of Reason know as well