Jets heading in right direction!

The Fat Man

Naysayers are complaining that Eric Mangini is too young. They are complaining that Brian Schottenheimer is too young. The big concern is that players will not respect them. Another objection is they feel either candidate was not viable in the market because they were not interviewed by other teams. Ever since Heimerdinger went public ( Eric's 3rd day on job) about "wanting out" of his contract, The media has nothing to write about.

Mangini has already pitched a shutout in my book. He slapped a gag order on everybody and its working. Threads are down in every discussion board concerning the Jets. Discussion has been reduced to mock drafts and "what ifs". The www.newyorkjets.com website can only write about other teams.

No news is good news with our beloved Jets. Let other teams be the headline grabbers for once. The Jets are heading in the right direction! The first step is to control the flow of information and for this I give Eric the thumbs up!

What the Jets needed more than anything, particularly their fanbase, was a breath of fresh air. It had grown awful stale, and having a retread on board would not have cleared that musk.

What Mangini, what Schottenheimer, as well as some of the other new faces offer is a fresh perspective. The board is wiped clean and it represents a new start. And, if that is just for a brief period of time until the games start, it is a needed break from the old monotony.

In any sport, there is nothing more appealing than a fresh faced rookie who has big league credentials coming in. Those are the guys that we we believe will hit 50 homeruns, rush for 2,000 yards and score 100 goals.

It is what sports is about for fans-wanting to believe and feel that you have the opportunity for greatness. And to be on the ground floor of it.

It is once again springtime with the New York Jets, a re-birth. And to have a young unknown, with a pedigree to back it up is both exciting and invigorating.

Now, that sentiment may change after 1 game, but at least we have now.

What the Jets needed more than anything, particularly their fanbase, was a breath of fresh air. It had grown awful stale, and having a retread on board would not have cleared that musk.

What Mangini, what Schottenheimer, as well as some of the other new faces offer is a fresh perspective. The board is wiped clean and it represents a new start. And, if that is just for a brief period of time until the games start, it is a needed break from the old monotony.

In any sport, there is nothing more appealing than a fresh faced rookie who has big league credentials coming in. Those are the guys that we we believe will hit 50 homeruns, rush for 2,000 yards and score 100 goals.

It is what sports is about for fans-wanting to believe and feel that you have the opportunity for greatness. And to be on the ground floor of it.

It is once again springtime with the New York Jets, a re-birth. And to have a young unknown, with a pedigree to back it up is both exciting and invigorating.

Now, that sentiment may change after 1 game, but at least we have now.

While I agree with most you point out, my problem I have is with the three stooges behind the scene and that's Woody, Bradway and Tannenbaum. You can't shine **** and having those fresh faces on the coaching staff is all well and good, but I just don't trust that three headed monster that lurks in the background.

While I agree with most you point out, my problem I have is with the three stooges behind the scene and that's Woody, Bradway and Tannenbaum. You can't shine **** and having those fresh faces on the coaching staff is all well and good, but I just don't trust that three headed monster that lurks in the background.

you don't trust Tannebaum? Why is that, what has he done to make you not trust him?

JFF- You may be right on that, Mangini will only be as successful as the support he gets behind the scenes.

Woody-I don't know about the guy. He dissapointed me in teh Herm sell-off. He let that go to easy and did not bargain like he should of, nor held Bradway's feet to the fire. We know he is a fan, and despite what you see written in some circles, he has spent a lot of money in support of this team. Also, you have to believe that he is pulling more strings now, rather than laying back. He needs a football confidante in teh org, that will look at for his and the teams interests, rather than just watching their back.

Bradway-If have written scores on thsi guy, and let's just say he got to skate this offseason with alll else going on. These next 3 months a referendum on his job. I really believe that.

Tannenbaum-I would't have a clue on him. I do admire the fact that he saw a leadership void, and has tried to fill it. Whether that makes him the next GM, I am not sure.

I don't like the idea that he has input in personnel...what's his qualifications for that? He's a numbers guy...stick with what you know.

I hope youre wrong because as stated just above by SD he may be our next GM...he better have some idea on personel

I think the jets direction is yet to be determined. This offseason will be critical with the free agent moves and defections as well as the draft. The moves pertaining to Martin,Mawae, J Abe and the likes will be huge as well as the status of the qb situation.

As for the coaching moves, I was fine with most of the moves but was really hoping for an experienced OC.

There's plenty of potential reasons to be a naysayer. But I can look at the situation and stick Herm back in the equation and puke. I'm hoping these young guys can sell the right program to TB and Woody and get us jumpstarted. If most of us can sit back here and identify whats glaringly F'd up - I'd have to hope Mangini can do the same and then some.

Archived