A study on NYJ drafting record as compared to the NFL

NYJ1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well also if you have one great team changing draft that can cover for numbers.  The Saints 2017 draft was as good as it gets.

I keep waiting for the Jets to have that one team change draft.  The last one they had I would say would be 2006.

DBrick

Mangold

Brad Smith

Leon Washington

Eric Smith

This team desperately needs a D'Brick, Mangold type of draft.

That draft is what dreams are made of 

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

One GM was our 5th and possibly last option (Idzik), after we were turned down by all the others

and the other was found after Casserly’s supposed “exhaustive” search, turned out an obscure scout crony of his

not shocking that they were 2 horrible GMs

Yep.  If you have options (either immediate or perceived options down the road), you're pretty much not coming here to work for the Johnson's.  

Douglas probably had options down the road, but seemingly came here because of Gase.  So there's some hope there.  It may not be the best reason to end up the Jets GM, but it's different compared to our last several hires.  

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well also if you have one great team changing draft that can cover for numbers.  The Saints 2017 draft was as good as it gets.

I keep waiting for the Jets to have that one team change draft.  The last one they had I would say would be 2006.

DBrick

Mangold

Brad Smith

Leon Washington

Eric Smith

This team desperately needs a D'Brick, Mangold type of draft.

I've been clamoring for this for years. And it deserves being mentioned again.... The 2006 draft was a TEAM CHANGING draft. It was the catapult that set the Jets up for their lofty success in 2009/2010. However, the Jets haven't even come close in any draft afterwards right up until today.

29 minutes ago, TxJetfan said:

100% agree! I'm looking forward to Douglas' 1st draft. That might tell us if we finally found a real GM, or are we in for more torture!

That will tell us what kind of GM we have. For me, that's the job. That's where the rubber hits the road. If you can't draft talent CONSISTENTLY, not just once in a while, then you have no business being a GM. That's about 90% of the job.

• Upvote 1