jets put abraham up for sale

jets rooter

The thing with Abraham is that he said if he got franchised again this offseason would go alot like last one. Wait until the last minute to sign and he would train in his own facilities. Of course, if we can convince him that if he signs we would deal him to someone who would give him the long term deal, he might reconsider. It is a very touch and go situation and it will probably play out over the next few months, so I wouldn't expect anything too quickly.

Hello guys, Im a fan of the Texans and just came here to see what the deal on Abraham was as there is a lot of talk he may be on his way out...We'd love to have him on the Texans...has there been any talk of the Jets trading up and him being a part of the deal?

In the chat we had with Rich Cimini he certainly gave the impression that Mangini and the Pats staff was not impressed with Abe- as a one dimensional type of player-I would not be shocked in the least to see him tagged and then traded

Hello guys, Im a fan of the Texans and just came here to see what the deal on Abraham was as there is a lot of talk he may be on his way out...We'd love to have him on the Texans...has there been any talk of the Jets trading up and him being a part of the deal?

havent heard anything regarding abe to the texans, most of hte talk is abe to the chargers for rivers and some pick or something...not sure how a deal would work with the texans, unless it involved some sort of 1st round pick swapping and us getting a second or third rounder...again though, abe has to be under contract to be traded, so we'll have to wait and see...

As hard as it is to believe everyone on the Texans board seems to think the Jets wanna move up to # 1 to take Reggie...and would be willing to swap firsts this yr, give a 3rd rounder this yr and a 1st next yr...I personally dont see it happening. I would trade one of our 3rd rounders for JA, or have him as part of a package to move up to # 1

As hard as it is to believe everyone on the Texans board seems to think the Jets wanna move up to # 1 to take Reggie...and would be willing to swap firsts this yr, give a 3rd rounder this yr and a 1st next yr...I personally dont see it happening. I would trade one of our 3rd rounders for JA, or have him as part of a package to move up to # 1

i seriously doubt that is true but you never know. the jets can't afford a $25M signing bonus to bush and have to many holes to fill. the jets are in full rebuilding mode and will in all likelihood be moving down in the draft not up.

the rumors i have heard is that the redskins are very interested in abe. have not heard anything about the texans - i think that is message board fodder.

we'll have to see I guess...Since the Texans are going to the 4-3 I think he'd be an instant upgrade...we dont have any pure 4-3 Ends...just a bunch of tackles...and 3-4 OLB's...just to let you guys know, in our mock draft over there the Jets GM traded the # 4 pick to the Rams for Steven Jackson, the Rams 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder....

we'll have to see I guess...Since the Texans are going to the 4-3 I think he'd be an instant upgrade...we dont have any pure 4-3 Ends...just a bunch of tackles...and 3-4 OLB's...just to let you guys know, in our mock draft over there the Jets GM traded the # 4 pick to the Rams for Steven Jackson, the Rams 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder....

it sounds like you guys may need some draft help. you should take look at www.draftdaddy.com - the best free draft side on the web

the jet will tag abraham before the draft and hope to make a trade for draft choices or a key player.I say good riddence to the cry baby.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: ..is this your opinion or do you have a SPECIAL CONTACT at Hempstead that told you so?

it sounds like you guys may need some draft help. you should take look at www.draftdaddy.com - the best free draft side on the web

Thanks for the site....Most ppl seem pretty level headed but some are off the wall with idea's...every 2nd post is a Vince Young vs. Reggie Bush thread...

I think because we have the # pick everyone expects every team to throw their entire draft at them to pick either Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart, or Vince Young...

Third rounder for Jabe isn't going to cut it, at least it better not with the new GM in town! I don't care how many say Jabe is one dimensional, if he is then he is probably the best at the one dimension behind Freeney and Peppers. He is a FORCE! You think the colts would give you Freeney for a 3rd??? You're not even in the same ballpark, 3rd rounder is for a RB we're trying to deal a proven premier pass rushing end that don't come along very often. Anything less than 1st (at or higher than where Jabe was drafted) and we're getting raped. I'm sticking with this.

Thanks for the site....Most ppl seem pretty level headed but some are off the wall with idea's...every 2nd post is a Vince Young vs. Reggie Bush thread...

I think because we have the # pick everyone expects every team to throw their entire draft at them to pick either Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart, or Vince Young...

the only qb we have mentioned with the jets is cutler, i just don't see anyway the jets can afford a $20M signing bonus to another qb. the other name mentioned a lot with the jets is d'brickashaw ferguson. this board is pretty split b/w taking one of those 2 and trading down.

i personally hate the idea of paying a player w/zero experience a $20-25M signing bonus. that's more than jones or pace @ OT and more than brady @ QB. i'd like to see the jets move abe for a 1st rd pick. move down from 4 to somewhere around 10 and add a 2nd rd pick. use the 2nd rd pick to trade for schaub and then draft NG/OT/OG/C/S/CB

Archived