Are any sports being played these days? Golf?

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah mine lasted 14-15 months or so before it would subside. I had 2 cortizone shots that kinda helped, but it just took not doing the jobs I was doing at the time.

It was where the tendon attatched to the bone just above the elbow. Felt like a rat gnawing on the bone 24/7

Yes, that's where it is, and a pretty good description of how it feels, lol.

One thing that has changed though since you had it is that doctors will rarely give a cortisone shot for either anymore, According to my doctor it's been proven ineffective, and the cortisone can cause deterioration of the bone.

Now they want you to ice it, do some exercises, and wear a brace. Supposedly surgery is rare, and sort of a last resort.

• Thumb Down 1

34 degrees with 15 mph winds, but I still played.  I was the only guy out there and it started snowing while I was on the 15th tee.

I was safe too.  Left the flag in and put sandwich bags over my hands when I grabbed the doorknob and pushed the buttons on the card reader.

Yes, they thought I was crazy in more ways than one.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Btw, I heard graphite iron shafts will cure the golf elbow.

Thanks. I'd heard that too, but I have Titleist's with Recoil shafts. The only steel shafts I have are in my 50*, 54* and 58* wedges. I'm thinking of getting new Vokey's with the Recoils though. Great shafts, they just don't prevent golfers elbow, LOL

• Thumb Down 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, southparkcpa said:

Im playing golf this weekend...  we have a group of about 20 that gets a game at the club.  So far all OK but who knows what tomorrow brings.

My club just outside philly shut down today. Pa governor just mandated it. JN is the only thing left to do!

9 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

34 degrees with 15 mph winds, but I still played.  I was the only guy out there and it started snowing while I was on the 15th tee.

I was safe too.  Left the flag in and put sandwich bags over my hands when I grabbed the doorknob and pushed the buttons on the card reader.

Yes, they thought I was crazy in more ways than one.  

But no thunder and lightning storm. 

7 hours ago, docdhc said:

My club just outside philly shut down today. Pa governor just mandated it. JN is the only thing left to do!

My club here in Charlotte is on a "sort of" lock down.     Kitchen limited. No buffets etc.  We are playing golf but we may be closing all facilities such as the bar etc.   Crazy stuff.  No panic yet here but I went to grocery store at 6am and it was crowded. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

My club here in Charlotte is on a "sort of" lock down.     Kitchen limited. No buffets etc.  We are playing golf but we may be closing all facilities such as the bar etc.   Crazy stuff.  No panic yet here but I went to grocery store at 6am and it was crowded. 

We were doing the same thing, no kitchen, limited amenities for a few days.  Now completely shut down.  I think your headed there also.

• Upvote 1