Last to post in this thread wins

I would add it to my resume, but the ******* thing is too long already. Old people need more space for their accomplishments

If I made my resume today it would suck. The only semi-decent thing might be my SAT scores...and I'm pretty sure those don't go in resumes lol.

If I made my resume today it would suck. The only semi-decent thing might be my SAT scores...and I'm pretty sure those don't go in resumes lol.

Don't feel bad. I could have listed my LSAT, but they changed the ratings so a good score now is probably triple mine. For the record, I would have put accomplishments in quotations if I didn't post that from my phone.

Well, it doesn't look I'll be taking that position. There'd be plenty of time to post. The lunatic wanted me to work from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and weekends for a salary less than I was making ten years ago!

Lockout!!!!

Ha...I'll probably end up going to grad school just because I don't expect to have any idea what type of engineering or engineering-related job I want after four years.

There are a lot of good government engineering jobs. You can work there and be half way to a pension before you would even finish grad school.

I keep hearing that the private sector gets like 25% more pay on average unless you have top secret or similar clearances.

Private sector will certainly pay more, but won't have the benefits, easy lifestyle or job security. Top secret clearance is not that difficult to get. I know that first hand, but it hasn't exactly been leading to easy job offers either.

Private sector will certainly pay more, but won't have the benefits, easy lifestyle or job security. Top secret clearance is not that difficult to get. I know that first hand, but it hasn't exactly been leading to easy job offers either.

The other good thing with gov jobs is the ability to move around.

I know before I retire, for the second time, I plan on hitting Europe at least one time.

The other good thing with gov jobs is the ability to move around.

I know before I retire, for the second time, I plan on hitting Europe at least one time.

Yeah. The key is where you are when you aren't in Europe. As an engineer he can probably write his own ticket to some extent. Some of my friends have been stuck though. Eritrea, Cape Verde, Tripoli during the evacuation, Lebanon during the evacuation. Those guys are foreign service though. They have to go where they are sent and after a hardship post you can usually go someplace sweet.

Yeah. The key is where you are when you aren't in Europe. As an engineer he can probably write his own ticket to some extent. Some of my friends have been stuck though. Eritrea, Cape Verde, Tripoli during the evacuation, Lebanon during the evacuation. Those guys are foreign service though. They have to go where they are sent and after a hardship post you can usually go someplace sweet.

For me as an IT guy, I will go when I choose. I am nowhere near contemplating it now as I need a few kids out of the house, but once the load is lighter. I will look into Germany or even Italy. Good thing for me, by the time I am there, they have to hold my spot for me to come back to in three years. :D/

For me as an IT guy, I will go when I choose. I am nowhere near contemplating it now as I need a few kids out of the house, but once the load is lighter. I will look into Germany or even Italy. Good thing for me, by the time I am there, they have to hold my spot for me to come back to in three years. :D/

Yeah. I was in the private sector before we went over. They held my wife's position for five years. I have "reinstatement eligibility" where they will give me back my leave, etc if I take another job with the government in less than 3 years, but there was no position for me to go back to in the States. Being in NYC and not DC limits my government options some.

Evening, all.

Good Evening.

Evening, all.

Evening.

Yeah. I was in the private sector before we went over. They held my wife's position for five years. I have "reinstatement eligibility" where they will give me back my leave, etc if I take another job with the government in less than 3 years, but there was no position for me to go back to in the States. Being in NYC and not DC limits my government options some.

Private sector? What is that?

I'm done with school on Thursday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFKxP8TMtI

I have to get a laptop for next year. Deciding between a Vaio S and an Envy 14...preferring the Vaio S plus extended battery sheet at this point in time. I guess I'll see if anyone wants to offer a higher-res display or other compelling option between now and the end of the summer. Wish I could wait a couple years and get one of those fancy 3D processors or whatever.

• Upvote 1

I'm done with school on Thursday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFKxP8TMtI

I have to get a laptop for next year. Deciding between a Vaio S and an Envy 14...preferring the Vaio S plus extended battery sheet at this point in time. I guess I'll see if anyone wants to offer a higher-res display or other compelling option between now and the end of the summer. Wish I could wait a couple years and get one of those fancy 3D processors or whatever.

That is the beauty in technology. In three years (a lot sooner in actuality), the laptop you buy today will be obsolete.

• 1 month later...