Last to post in this thread wins

**yawn** (it's contagious)

I accidentally poked myself with garden shears this weekend. Now I'm at work debating whether to call the doctor since the puncture wound might be infected.

That sucks. Look at the bright side, at least you did not qualify for the Darwin Award.

You're at work? Poke yourself with a scissors and file a worker's comp claim. It's the American way!

Good idea! :cheers:

Funny thing is that I work from home. I have no idea what kind of injury would be allowable on worker's comp. What if I tripped going downstairs during work hours? Would that be covered?

Went to doctor's anyway. Got 7 days of antibiotics to take. Better safe than infected.

Funny thing is that I work from home. I have no idea what kind of injury would be allowable on worker's comp. What if I tripped going downstairs during work hours? Would that be covered?

Went to doctor's anyway. Got 7 days of antibiotics to take. Better safe than infected.

No tetenus shot? Pansy!

Where is the fun in that?

No tetenus shot? Pansy!

:) Had one 3 years ago--guess they last 10 years--so didn't need another one. Just some meds.

I also have a rash from the band-aid I was wearing. Wtf? Who gets a rash from a band-aid. It itches like hell.

I dont think women like oozing puss filled cuts on their hands.

Sorry, LBS. No oozing here. It's in my forearm and it barely even bled. It's just a small puncture wound with a red rash around it.

:) Had one 3 years ago--guess they last 10 years--so didn't need another one. Just some meds.

I also have a rash from the band-aid I was wearing. Wtf? Who gets a rash from a band-aid. It itches like hell.

Sorry, LBS. No oozing here. It's in my forearm and it barely even bled. It's just a small puncture wound with a red rash around it.

Yeah, it was the band aid. Yeah, that's the ticket.

She is infected. I mean, who gets a rash from a band aid?

I dont think women like oozing puss filled cuts on their hands.

We are talking about her hands? I've lost interest.

Ha, ha, no nepotism there. Gotta love Limerick!

Here are Limerick's education dollars at work. You would think they have bigger problems to deal with there. :confused0082:

Telling a kid he had to shave his head and take his exams by himself because his hair dye was unacceptable. What a joke!

http://www.independent.ie/education/latest-news/principal-sees-red-as-student-dyes-his-hair-2225671.html

Patrick Kirby (17), from Bruff, Co Limerick, was told he could not complete his state exams with his fellow students at Ard Scoil Mhuire after finishing his first exams last Wednesday. The teenager's hairline has a pinkish/red streak which was dyed the week before the exams began.

"I came out the door after the first exam and Mr Clifford (the principal) was there waiting for me," Patrick said.

The student said he was brought to the principal's office where he claims he was ordered to shave his head before returning to school.

Ha, ha, no nepotism there. Gotta love Limerick!

Here are Limerick's education dollars at work. You would think they have bigger problems to deal with there. :confused0082:

Telling a kid he had to shave his head and take his exams by himself because his hair dye was unacceptable. What a joke!

http://www.independent.ie/education/latest-news/principal-sees-red-as-student-dyes-his-hair-2225671.html

WTF.

• 2 months later...

Pollyanna. Have you seen this abomination? It's about some annoying little Heidi (which it follows, by the way) rip-off that is always befriending the elderly. It has what has to be the most annoying theme song in history. Worse, the little monstrosity actually has a pet squirrel! I long for the days when Scooby Doo or Magnum PI was on during my breakfast! I could barely keep down my Pop Tarts!

pollyanna.jpg

Never seen it, don't want to. RTE've been showing some really crappy cartoon lately about some journalist who's got a squirrel as a partner in their escapades dealing with mad scientists.

Cartoons really are f**king atrocious these days.

Squirrel journalists!?!?! Now they've gone too far! They have been using their fuzzy tales to get good press all these years, but that's too much. What happened to all the good cartoons where people fight and blow up stuff? Italians seem to love Tom & Jerry and Bugs, but I haven't seen much of Popeye (Braccio di Ferro). I was hoping I'd see them because they have no qualms about excessive violence and sexism here.

Squirrel journalists!?!?! Now they've gone too far! They have been using their fuzzy tales to get good press all these years, but that's too much. What happened to all the good cartoons where people fight and blow up stuff? Italians seem to love Tom & Jerry and Bugs, but I haven't seen much of Popeye (Braccio di Ferro). I was hoping I'd see them because they have no qualms about excessive violence and sexism here.

Cartoons are carefully crafted these days to teach the young snowflakes. Apparently, back in our respective days we were a bunch of mindless war mongers.

"We're cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!"

My favorite cereal as a kid. But seriously, what a marketing campaign -- I still remember that slogan decades later.

Lucky Charms was another favorite. Loved those marshmallow treats! :)

CocoaPuffs.jpg

Smores cereal was awesome. Probably make me sick now.