Does 6-10 get Gase fired?

6-10 = Adios Gase?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will falling one game short of last year's record be the end of Gase?

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The Steelers have 6 SB wins, back to back SBs, SBs in multiple decades, 600 plus all time wins and a sh*t ton of playoffs games and wins. 
The Pats are a better example but they were better then the Jets before they got a new owner and turned it around. The Jets have the same owner for 20 years and they sucked. They are not a winning franchise. 

Overall yes, the Jets have an inglorious past. But the first ten years under the Johnson ownership were actually fairly good. Playoffs most years, 2 AFC Championship appearances, only a few losing seasons. Whereas the past ten years have been god awful. 

I do not think he gets fired, if he doesn't make the playoffs in year 3 then maybe.  But a lot of people believe that he had one year with a rash of injuries, including one of their best defensive players and not having their QB for 7 weeks and a brutal first 6 weeks of the 2019 schedule...yet they still finished 9-7.   I am not a Gase fan but we do need to see what he can do with a healthy roster.  Now that we have a brutal schedule for the 2020 season, if they go anywhere from 6-10 or higher and show improvement in play, then he will be back for sure.

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He should. He won’t. 
He’ll privately and publicly blame everyone else except himself.  The weak minded fans and ownership will buy this con-man’s BS and he’ll keep his job.  

He,seemed con manish to me at least once last season. If he truly is, I think he’s the kind of con who doesn’t do it intentionally. Just somehow wriggles his way thru taking the blame. 

The frustration with Gase, for me, is I think he’s got the skills to be a good OC. But it hasn’t translated consistently on Sundays. He’ll have a couple good weeks then an absolute head-scratching embarrassment like New England and Cincy. He’s also a funny dude when you hear some of his interviews. Hopefully he puts it to together this season. Won’t be surprised if he does or doesn’t, he’s in prove-it more. 

39 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Playoffs or pack up your sh*t. Guy’s already proven he’s not a good HC/OC, we don’t need to waste another minute on him if he doesn’t show up this season. No excuses.

Vegas over/under is 6.5.

Manish has us at 7-9.

Cimini has us at 7-9.

Cowherd has us at 7-9.

Bleacher Report has us at 7-9.

And you think Gase should get fired if we don't go 10-6.  Where were you last year when you said we'd go 5-11 perfectly healthy and then we went 7-9 completely hurt?  Were you screaming that Gase should get an extension?

Jets fans.  Unbelievable.

SAR I

On 5/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, Larz said:

He brought his boss in so.....

To a real fat 6 year contract.  From what I've read real good contract for a rookie GM.  Guaranteed.

If the season goes south, that won't be forgotten.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Vegas over/under is 6.5.

Manish has us at 7-9.

Cimini has us at 7-9.

Cowherd has us at 7-9.

Bleacher Report has us at 7-9.

And you think Gase should get fired if we don't go 10-6.  Where were you last year when you said we'd go 5-11 perfectly healthy and then we went 7-9 completely hurt?  Were you screaming that Gase should get an extension?

Jets fans.  Unbelievable.

SAR I

I think Gase should have been fired before he was hired because he’s displayed a strong and proven ability to suck at his job every chance he’s had aside from when Peyton was running his offense. You think that his 2 good years with one of the GOAT QBs qualifies him.

Middle class Jets fans. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, flgreen said:

To a real fat 6 year contract.  From what I've read real good contract for a rookie GM.  Guaranteed.

If the season goes south, that won't be forgotten.   

Got a bad feeling JD will be picking his own coaching staff next February