Does 6-10 get Gase fired?

6-10 = Adios Gase?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will falling one game short of last year's record be the end of Gase?

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's May 7 and you're worried about firing Adam Gase.

Seriously?

I'm not worried, I'm just curious what people think. Tbh I actually think its very possible they do better than last year,

• Upvote 1

Yep, 6-10.  That's the magic number.  Yeah tougher schedule.   It's also a better team,and Darnold's 3rd season.  Douglas did his job IMO

I'm not a Gase hater at all.  Finished 6-2, he deserves another year.   In all honesty I'm not real impressed either.

6-10.  

• Upvote 4

My poll.

Which one will guys here will be complaining about next year:

Jamal Adams new mega deal

Adam Gase (because they started the minute he was hired and will never stop)

Sam Darnold not getting enough help

The Bills winning the AFC East with a RB at Quarterback

The Patriots only finishing ahead of us with Stidham as their QB because he cheats also.

Injuries

George Fant and the OL

Losing at home to the Dolphins and Browns

Just now, Maxman said:

100% he should be fired for 6 and 10.

If there are a lot of injuries that still isn't an excuse. Why do his teams always get hurt? That would be the bigger question, either way 6 wins you move on.

I think we need to give him more of a chance to succeed. The injuries last year were unbelievable. Hopefully the Jets luck evens out with that this year.

The main reason though is I think he and Douglas are really looking long term with this roster, and rebuild the right way. No flashy signings, lots of guys on short term deals while we draft the core of our roster.

I know Gase's history, and I wasn't happy we hired him, but I liked the way this team stuck together after the horrible start. I think Gase deserves credit for that. There's no reason for a second year ultimatum in my opinion..

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nope.

The world can't exclaim that the Jets have the NFL's toughest schedule and will be lucky to go 6-10 and then fire the head coach for going 6-10.

Christopher Johnson is in this for the long haul.  Successful franchises don't entertain the thought of firing their head coach unless they lose the locker room.  That's not going to happen.

SAR I

You do know you’re talking about the Jets right?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

My poll.

Which one will guys here will be complaining about next year:

Jamal Adams new mega deal

Adam Gase (because they started the minute he was hired and will never stop)

Sam Darnold not getting enough help

The Bills winning the AFC East with a RB at Quarterback

The Patriots only finishing ahead of us with Stidham as their QB because he cheats also.

Injuries

George Fant and the OL

Losing at home to the Dolphins and Browns

Adam Gase unless he proves me wrong and Sar right. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You do know you’re talking about the Jets right?

The Jets have successfully announced a rebuild in 2018 and achieved that goal in 2020.  From what glimpses we got last year, this team is capable of 10-6 and a division title.  That is my expectation.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The Jets have successfully announced a rebuild in 2018 and achieved that goal in 2020.  From what glimpses we got last year, this team is capable of 10-6 and a division title.  That is my expectation.

SAR I

They could go undefeated this year with 50 plus points per game and that still wouldn’t make them a successful franchise. 

• Upvote 3

I don’t think our talent lvl is viewed that favorably around the league, so 6-10 against a hard schedule is perhaps not a crazy fireable offense.  Gase is known as an offensive coach, and it’s not like he has much to work with there.

Now 3-13 is another story...

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They could go undefeated this year with 50 plus points per game and that still wouldn’t make them a successful franchise. 

The Pittsburgh Steelers were once an NFL joke.  The Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms for 30 years.  All it takes is the right owner making the right front office hires and a couple of drafts to set a team on a successful path.  We get no hats and t-shirts, but a successful rebuild with a franchise quarterback in 3 years is a hell of an accomplishment.  Christopher Johnson is the man.  He's our Bob Kraft.  He's our Jerry Jones.  You'll see.

SAR I  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

So now some fans are making excuses for Gase already. Win or you're out.

That's not an excuse... that's an ultimatum... & if his offense flounders like it has the past 5 Years & the team finishes 6-10 he should be out.

We've got a brutal road schedule. 2-6 looks likely, 3-5 would be asking a lot.

3-3 looks like best case within our division.

3-2 vs Cleveland, the Broncos, Raiders, 49ers and Cardinals. 2-1 vs Pats, Bills and Miami sounds right with home games. That makes us 5-3 at home.

Looking at that we should be no worse than 6-10. We max out at 7 or 8 wins, I think. 

• Upvote 1

No and record is not everything.  After Rexs big 8-8 year he for sure should have been fired.

For Gase it is how the offense performs, if they win 6 games and are top half in the league offense he gets another year.  If he is anything less than 20th in the league in offense next year he should be gone even if he went 8-8

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers were once an NFL joke.  The Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms for 30 years.  All it takes is the right owner making the right front office hires and a couple of drafts to set a team on a successful path.  We get no hats and t-shirts, but a successful rebuild with a franchise quarterback in 3 years is a hell of an accomplishment.  Christopher Johnson is the man.  He's our Bob Kraft.  He's our Jerry Jones.  You'll see.

SAR I  

The Steelers have 6 SB wins, back to back SBs, SBs in multiple decades, 600 plus all time wins and a sh*t ton of playoffs games and wins. 
The Pats are a better example but they were better then the Jets before they got a new owner and turned it around. The Jets have the same owner for 20 years and they sucked. They are not a winning franchise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

No and record is not everything.  After Rexs big 8-8 year he for sure should have been fired.

For Gase it is how the offense performs, if they win 6 games and are top half in the league offense he gets another year.  If he is anything less than 20th in the league in offense next year he should be gone even if he went 8-8

If we're worse than 20th in offense, Darnold will deserve as much blame as Gase. At some point he has to lift the offense if he's going to be the guy.

Just now, johnnysd said:

He did last year actually. 

He had a couple of good games, and a lot of disappointing ones. That's how you end up ranked where he was. Lets look at how he finished the season, when he was presumably back to full strength after the mono thing.

We were an overturned last second call away from losing to Miami.

We got embarrassed by the Ravens on national tv.

We squeaked by a Pittsburgh team QB'ed by their version of Falk.

We barely beat the Bills second stringers with Darnold struggling against them

Lets not act like he was carrying anything. Other than the Ravens game, the defense kept things close against a bunch of terrible offenses.

• Upvote 1