80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

I need a reality check.

Looking at QB rankings and almost every one shows Goff down in the QB12-15 range, behind two rookies, 

Last year he finished 2nd in yards, 4th in TDs and he has the same weapons this year (St. Brown and LaPorta).  He did almost the same numbers in 2022 as last year.

What am I missing?  How is he behind C. Williams, Daniels, Murray, and a few others.  I would think he should be right in the mix with Stroud and Burrow.  

Second question.  In what world is Anthony Richardson QB5?  I wouldn't touch him anywhere near that.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

I need a reality check.

Looking at QB rankings and almost every one shows Goff down in the QB12-15 range, behind two rookies, 

Last year he finished 2nd in yards, 4th in TDs and he has the same weapons this year (St. Brown and LaPorta).  He did almost the same numbers in 2022 as last year.

What am I missing?  How is he behind C. Williams, Daniels, Murray, and a few others.  I would think he should be right in the mix with Stroud and Burrow.  

Second question.  In what world is Anthony Richardson QB5?  I wouldn't touch him anywhere near that.

Goff finished as QB15 in points per game last year. Fantasy is a weekly game and he’s firmly middle of the pack on a week to week basis. Obviously he can give you spike weeks at home in his cushy dome games. 

Richardson finished QB2 and QB4 in two of the three games he finished. Sky high upside even if he’s a mediocre passer. Same as Justin Fields. 

I think Jayden Daniels and Kyler Murray are the two best QB values this year. Their ADPs on ESPN are absurd. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

I need a reality check.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Goff finished as QB15 in points per game last year. Fantasy is a weekly game and he’s firmly middle of the pack on a week to week basis. Obviously he can give you spike weeks at home in his cushy dome games. 

Richardson finished QB2 and QB4 in two of the three games he finished. Sky high upside even if he’s a mediocre passer. Same as Justin Fields. 

Goff is a terrific QB2 to pair with a mobile option like Jayden Daniels IF you can’t, or won’t, land one of the top 6 or 7 guys.  With 14 indoor games this season you can toss Goff in your lineup basically at any point you need to this season.

Kyler as my lone QB or a Daniels/Goff pairing are my 2 favorite avenues at QB this season.

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb just wrapped up 10-team, 1 PPR, 2 Flex spot league's draft on ESPN.  Here were my picks:

• 1.5:  WR Justin Jefferson
  • 2.16:  RB Jahmyr Gibbs
  • 3.25:  RB De'Von Achane
  • 4.36:  WR Jaylen Waddle
  • 5.45:  WR DeVonta Smith
  • 6.56:  WR Tank Dell
  • 7.65:  WR Rashee Rice
  • 8.76:  TE Kyle Pitts  (@RedBeardedSavage got him!)
  • 9.85:  QB Kyler Murray
  • 10.96:  RB Tony Pollard
  • 11.105:  QB Jayden Daniels
  • 12.116:  WR DeAndre Hopkins
  • 13.125:  RB Blake Corum
  • 14.136:  WR Jameson Williams
  • 15.145:  RB Zach Charbonnet
  • 16.156:  D/ST Bengals
  • 17.165:  K Greg Zuerlein

Weak RB depth aside, I think I did quite well.  Kept hammering away at WRs because I simply couldn't pass on the value that kept falling to me (thanks ESPN ranks!)  With the 2 Flex spots I'll be able to start 4 WRs a week so...why not?

Top players available on waivers per my board:

1. RB Jaylen Wright
  2. WR Romeo Doubs
  3. RB Rico Dowdle
  4. RB Ray Davis
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Bucky Irving
  7. RB Jordan Mason
  8. RB Braelon Allen
  9. RB Khalil Herbert
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. RB Tank Bigsby
  15. TE Taysom Hill
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb just wrapped up 10-team, 1 PPR, 2 Flex spot league's draft on ESPN.  Here were my picks:

Weak RB depth aside, I think I did quite well.  Kept hammering away at WRs because I simply couldn't pass on the value that kept falling to me (thanks ESPN ranks!)  With the 2 Flex spots I'll be able to start 4 WRs a week so...why not?

1. WR Romeo Doubs
  2. RB Jaylen Wright
  3. RB Rico Dowdle
  4. RB Ray Davis
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Bucky Irving
  7. RB Jordan Mason
  8. RB Braelon Allen
  9. RB Khalil Herbert
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. RB Tank Bigsby
  15. TE Taysom Hill

Dope draft.

Specifically that you got Achane, Rice, Corum, and Jameson, plus Jaylen Wright and Romeo Doubs are still available.

And of course, Pitts - at a good spot for a swing on that. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1. WR Romeo Doubs
  2. RB Jaylen Wright
  3. RB Rico Dowdle
  4. RB Ray Davis
  5. QB Jared Goff
  6. RB Bucky Irving
  7. RB Jordan Mason
  8. RB Braelon Allen
  9. RB Khalil Herbert
  10. RB Marshawn Lloyd
  11. RB Kimani Vidal
  12. RB Tyrone Tracy
  13. RB Cam Akers
  14. RB Tank Bigsby
  15. TE Taysom Hill

Nice draft homie! Very heavy on explosive upside guys who were efficiency kings. This team will likely have the most explosive week on the year as well as a week where maybe the efficiency doesn't hit. It's gonna be a fun contender.

10 team rosters always look so nice if you know what you are doing... 

When My ten team drafted it was the perfect time for Aiyuk uncertainty and i snagged him in the fifth 😂.

My 10 man...

Mahomes

Breece

Connor

MHJR 

Nico 

Aiyuk 

Cooper 

Ferguson 

Notable bench-

Rhamondre 

Worthy 

Diontae 

Caleb

• Post of the Week 1

@Jetsfan80 I got cute in my 12 man and went with a Bully RB build.... paid the price at WR... 

Draft was right at my 3 kids bedtime so i had to contend with that... hedging my excuses 😂

Fun plan but going that route and then going "elite" stack at the onesies left me going for a floor play at WR... nature of the beast I suppose but I've always been a WR Wh*re.

Screenshot_20240829-195804_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.075b526960e8a927f913e6d3e511b6b8.jpg

Screenshot_20240829-195813_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.f4f6c316a153c761557ee47ef950d688.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 I got cute in my 12 man and went with a Bully RB build.... paid the price at WR... 

Draft was right at my 3 kids bedtime so i had to contend with that... hedging my excuses 😂

Fun plan but going that route and then going "elite" stack at the onesies left me going for a floor play at WR... nature of the beast I suppose but I've always been a WR Wh*re.

Screenshot_20240829-195804_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.075b526960e8a927f913e6d3e511b6b8.jpg

Screenshot_20240829-195813_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.f4f6c316a153c761557ee47ef950d688.jpg

Hey I still like your WRs so you did well!

And I see you went with the Kyler/Daniels QB room like me as well.  Love it.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hey I still like your WRs so you did well!

And I see you went with the Kyler/Daniels QB room like me as well.  Love it.

Yeah two very high upside QBs with rushing upside ... I figured grab JSN at value to flip later (don't love holding Metcalf and JSN)

Daniels falling down the draft board needed to be scooped up.  He and JSN make two sexy trade chips at some point in the season.

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, PS17 said:

🕯
              🕯             🕯
        🕯                               🕯

🕯 Brandon Aiyuk stays in SF  🕯️                 

🕯       prayer circle    🕯
              🕯             🕯
                       🕯

Thank you for your prayers 

• Upvote 1

Opinions requested

League:  Full PPR, 12 team.  slow draft:   I'm OTC in round 5.
My roster so far is: Lamb, Jacobs, Kelce, Mahomes.   

Was thinking RB here, for which I have narrowed down to these 2 RBs:   Aaron Jones or James Conner?  I have 90 minutes OTC to decide.

The available WRs here are Cooper, Higgins, McLaurin, Rice, Dell.

Maybe go that direction instead of RB?  Need some advice

@PS17 @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89 @RedBeardedSavage @jgb @nycdan and anyone else

EDIT:   I'm an idiot.  Mahomes and Kelce have week 6 byes.  So does Aaron Jones.  So there's a reason to not draft Jones. 

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Opinions requested

Was thinking RB here, for which I have narrowed down to these 2 RBs:   Aaron Jones or James Conner?  I have 90 minutes OTC to decide.

EDIT:   I'm an idiot.  Mahomes and Kelce have week 6 byes.  So does Aaron Jones.  So there's a reason to not draft Jones. 

Rice would be my first choice followed by Tank Dell. Not into Jones or Conner in round 5. Would rather wait a bit and get Mostert or Pollard or Swift. WRs are the much better options on the board here IMO. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Rice would be my first choice followed by Tank Dell. Not into Jones or Conner in round 5. Would rather wait a bit and get Mostert or Pollard or Swift. WRs are the much better options on the board here IMO. 

Eliminating Rice because I already have Mahomes/Kelce stack.  I'm in slot 3, so there will be 18 picks between this one and my next in rd 6.   Two, if not all 3, of those RBs will be gone before that.  This one is a tough call.  

Just now, Dcat said:

Eliminating Rice because I already have Mahomes/Kelce stack.  I'm in slot 3, so there will be 18 picks between this one and my next in rd 6.

I’d go double stack but I understand if you don’t. Rice‘s real value is a 3/4 turn player and it’s creeping up little by little now that it’s highly unlikely he’s suspended. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Opinions requested

Tough call.  I would not touch Rice here.  Too much uncertainty over suspension.  Dell isn't as good as the others IMO.  Conner, Cooper, Higgins seems like the choice.  If it's a coin flip, maybe go Higgins because if Chase holds out even for a week or two, Higgins will eat.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Opinions requested

1) Never let byes determine your pick.  You could easily just treat week 6 as a “punt week” but be stacked every other one.

2) Reaching for an RB2 is never advised.  Get your anchor back early and then wait a while for your next one, especially this year.  I’m high on Conner but not nearly as high on him as Tank Dell, Rashee or Higgins (in that order).  Grab one of them and work on RB later.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Eliminating Rice because I already have Mahomes/Kelce stack.  

Are you in on the Chiefs or not?  If you’re in, no reason to eliminate Rice on the merit you’re providing.  Mahomes + his top 2 receiving options sounds very viable to me.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Tough call.  I would not touch Rice here.  Too much uncertainty over suspension.

The uncertainty is baked into his ADP already on most platforms.  If he gets suspended, you can survive it.  If he doesn’t, you have a guy who will smash his ADP.  All upside, very little downside.  Always lean into uncertainty in fantasy.  Risk aversion doesn’t win titles.  

41 minutes ago, PS17 said:

new girl fist bump GIF

KC roster has 3 slot WRs: Rice, JuJu, Hardman.  And, oh yeah, Kelce.

WIdeouts are Hollywood and Worthy.   Mouths to feed there.  Kelce is the anchor.  Not stacking with Rice.  It's not a matter of "all-in" on KC or not. It's just not practical with that roster. 

Then there's Higgins and Cooper.  

17 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Good point.  And looking further, it seems any suspension will be in the 2025 season since his criminal trial isn't scheduled until next summer.  So yeah, he's a viable contender for that spot for sure.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) Never let byes determine your pick.  You could easily just treat week 6 as a “punt week” but be stacked every other one.

2) Reaching for an RB2 is never advised.  Get your anchor back early and then wait a while for your next one, especially this year.  I’m high on Conner but not nearly as high on him as Tank Dell, Rashee or Higgins (in that order).  Grab one of them and work on RB later.

I was only using the bye to excuse myself from Aaron Jones, whom I really don't want anyway. 15 minutes left and I stil don't know here....  LOL.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Good point.  And looking further, it seems any suspension will be in the 2025 season since his criminal trial isn't scheduled until next summer.  So yeah, he's a viable contender for that spot for sure.

I was never worried about suspension in the first place.  That pretty much was ruled out weeks ago... at least for this season, considering the tortoise speed of bringing charges.  It looks like a strange case but the video is damning.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

KC roster has 3 slot WRs: Rice, JuJu, Hardman.  And, oh yeah, Kelce.

WIdeouts are Hollywood and Worthy.   Mouths to feed there.  Kelce is the anchor.  Not stacking with Rice.  It's not a matter of "all-in" on KC or not. It's just not practical with that roster. 

Then there's Higgins and Cooper.  

Agree to disagree. I bet Rice leads KC in targets this year. And I think Mahomes is primed for one of his vintage 5,000 yard 40 TD seasons. Kelce is a fade for me. Juju and Hardman are not at all relevant. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Agree to disagree. I bet Rice leads KC in targets this year. And I think Mahomes is primed for one of his vintage 5,000 yard 40 TD seasons. Kelce is a fade for me. Juju and Hardman are not at all relevant. 

Fair points....  thanks...  

All right you motherfkcers.... I tripled stacked with Rice.  OMG what I have I done?

Seriously, thanks for the alternative reasoning.  It's always good to hear.  Made me re-think.  Really disagree on fading Kelce this year.  It might be his last, and he, and only he, is Mahomes' most trusted pass catcher and safety valve.  He will be utilized a lot. 

• Haha 2

Seriously, thanks for the alternative reasoning.  It's always good to hear.  Made me re-think.  Really disagree on fading Kelce this year.  It might be his last, and he, and only he, is Mahomes' most trusted pass catcher and safety valve.  He will be utilized a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Seriously, thanks for the alternative reasoning.  It's always good to hear.  Made me re-think.  

In the long run, the principles @PS17 have been advocating work, even in a game like fantasy football where there’s only 18 weeks and the margin for error is razor thin.

I used to be risk averse and target almost only the high floor, lower risk guys.  And while your team is unlikely to crash and burn that way, you’ll never contend and that’s what would always seem to happen to me.  

As @jgb has talked anbout often….Humans are conditioned to be highly risk averse because of millions of years of evolutionary programming.  And while that risk aversion kept the species going it now serves as a detriment in an arena like a mostly skill + some luck-based game like fantasy sports.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I hope you’re right, as I have Kelce in my main dynasty league. My hunch is KC uses him lightly in the regular season and saves him for the playoffs, as they did down the stretch. And obviously he has serious target competition now, as opposed to the last two years. And the whole age cliff thing. 

• Upvote 1