Maybe Sam Really Does Just Need WRs?

Sam needs recievers, tight ends, a running back that is not geriatric, help on the offensive line, and a defense that doesn't allow the opposing offense to score every single time they touch the ball. We are not a qb away from being competitive we literally have the worst roster in Jets history and possibly nfl history with maybe three players what would start for another team?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

Gase made a point to send Smith deep early and often into feature him basically making the argument “Look what I can call with a receiver”

mims could unlock the offense to a top 28 finish

Lol not like Sam was hitting his open WR deep. Mims isn’t helping much. It’s all on Sam. 

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Darnold tonight, when throwing to Crowder or Jeff Smith: 11/14, 160 yards.

Darnold tonight, throwing to everyone else: 6/17, 29 yards

I know this is a controversial take, but is it possible that Darnold just isn't good enough to succeed without NFL caliber WRs? Not studs, not DeAndre Hopkins, just, you know, better than the used up husk of Chris Hogan?

I think with the right weapons, coaching, and support, Sam Darnold might just be average.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I think with the right weapons, coaching, and support, Sam Darnold might just be average.

This is the correct answer.  Why people strain to find something elite in what Sam Darnold is or could be is befuddling, though not altogether surprising.  People want so badly to believe he's a QB to build around for 2 decades.