Maybe Sam Really Does Just Need WRs?

40 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Darnold tonight, when throwing to Crowder or Jeff Smith: 11/14, 160 yards.

Darnold tonight, throwing to everyone else: 6/17, 29 yards

I know this is a controversial take, but is it possible that Darnold just isn't good enough to succeed without NFL caliber WRs? Not studs, not DeAndre Hopkins, just, you know, better than the used up husk of Chris Hogan?

Thankfully Darnold didn't get hurt and gets back Mims and Bell next week. So the excuses can start fading. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I know this is a controversial take, but is it possible that Darnold just isn't good enough to succeed without NFL caliber WRs? Not studs, not DeAndre Hopkins, just, you know, better than the used up husk of Chris Hogan?

And honestly, calling Jeff Smith an NFL receiver is a bit of a stretch. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I cannot believe how under utilized Herndon is.

Agreed, but then again when Herndon does get utilized he doesn't do much. He had a catch earlier and looked really slow, then dropped an easy pass over the middle late. 

This is all a product of poor coaching. No one gets better under Gase.  

• Upvote 1

I dont see him ever clicking here and we are going to have to have to both pass on a huge prospect and extend Darnold soon to keep him. Not worth the gamble that he will figure it out in year 5+ with a 3rd regime. That doesnt happen

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Or maybe he needs to not over/underthrow the open ones? Darnold has been atrocious all season long and even Tony Romo would tell you that. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Darnold can win a Super Bowl with better skills players.  The Jets do not seek that type of players.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Thankfully Darnold didn't get hurt and gets back Mims and Bell next week. So the excuses can start fading. 

Excuses never fade they only mutate

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's like you guys didn't watch the first 3 games of the season. 

Predictable.

Can’t even brag about calling it either it was that predictable 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Darnold isn't playing anywhere near as well as I expected him to be playing this year and my gut tells me he won't make it here, but it sure would help if we gave him even average NFL weapons. 

It's bad, all of it. But it would be nice if the DBs didn't seem so confident going against these wide outs. Joe Douglas better have an amazing vision for next season.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Aikman was sayn...   erryone canmake the throws...

its processing,decision making and accuracy   that seperate the guyswho make it and who dont....

Sam is poor at all of those things...

I don't know. Last night was the first game I saw WR's making plays for Sam and he looked better. Sam also made some good decision running the ball himself. 

• Upvote 1