Serious question - is it possible to evaluate players

WowOhWow

There are tons of players that got really, really good after Gase left.  Is it even possible to evaluate players like Darnold with Gase here?  Tannehill is a freakin MVP candidate and there are many, many other players across the league playing great.

Darnold looks lost but he's been coached by Gase...

Sure, lots of guys are flashing some potential. Becton and Mims for certain look good. Lots of young guys on D have been making plays too. Tannehill was always injured in Miami and has a dominate run game in Tennessee (not defending Gase just facts).
Henry struggled his first few seasons with marriota he became an elite talent with tannehill behind center.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Henry struggled his first few seasons with marriota he became an elite talent with tannehill behind center.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

DH has never averaged less than 4.2 per carry in any of his seasons which doesn't indicate any struggling. Maybe the titans put together a better team over a couple seasons, and Marriota was never that good. Sorry, but previously injured never been QBs (RT) don't turn RBs into stud RBs. Tannehil is far more fortunate to have a beast RB, and Tannehill's stats reflect a game manager not an MVP candidate who carries his team with his arm.

I think this is a very valid point.  I’ve said this before but beyond the play calling and player usage deficiencies, there just seems to be something wrong with Gase’s system.  Good players in his system become bad, from Oline to skill players.  Players leave the system and become good.  It’s like the system is just broken.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

There are tons of players that got really, really good after Gase left.  Is it even possible to evaluate players like Darnold with Gase here?  Tannehill is a freakin MVP candidate and there are many, many other players across the league playing great.

Darnold looks lost but he's been coached by Gase...

Yes, we can.  And Darnold is terrible.  Like, bottom 3 QB, terrible.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I think this is a very valid point.  I’ve said this before but beyond the play calling and player usage deficiencies, there just seems to be something wrong with Gase’s system.  Good players in his system become bad, from Oline to skill players.  Players leave the system and become good.  It’s like the system is just broken.

It's both overly complex in scheme and incredibly simplistic in actual execution. It is the worst offensive system I have ever seen. It has nothing.  

• Upvote 1