117-227 (51.5%), 1539 yards, 9 TD's, 8 INT's, 71.8 QB Rating

2003: 11 games (11 starts)

179-337 (53.1%), 2166 yards, 14 TD's, 9 INT's, 75.8 QB Rating

2004: 9 games (7 starts)

169-272 (62.1%), 1665 yards, 10 TD's, 11 INT's, 74.8 QB Rating

2005: 4 games (1 start)

15-25 (60.0%), 279 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 95.3 QB Rating

Career Highlights

Ramsey served as the backup to Mark Brunell in 2005. He played in four games, with one start, and completed 15-of-25 passes for 279 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He has shown toughness as a quarterback in the NFL, particularly after a promising season in 2004. The Redskins first-round pick in 2002, Ramsey has started 24 games (10-14 record) and appeared in 33 during his four-year career. He has completed 480-of-861 passes for 5,434 yards with 34 touchdowns and 29 interceptions, translating into a 75.0 quarterback rating.

How Acquired

Selected by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft (32nd overall).

A QB depth chart of Ramsey, Croyle and Bollinger would look very good for the 06 campaign. The bringing in of Ramsey would give us a guy whose had plenty of starting expierence to wait for Croyle to develop whether that be in time for the 07 or 08 season. At that time either we set Ramsey loose, trade him or he can sit back and take the back-up role. Just my thinking. Ramsey has talent and I think he can succeed here in the year or two we would need him for.

Abraham for Ramsey plus a future 2nd round pick (2007 or 2008 ) would be a good deal IMO.

A QB depth chart of Ramsey, Croyle and Bollinger would look very good for the 06 campaign. The bringing in of Ramsey would give us a guy whose had plenty of starting expierence to wait for Croyle to develop whether that be in time for the 07 or 08 season. At that time either we set Ramsey loose, trade him or he can sit back and take the back-up role. Just my thinking. Ramsey has talent and I think he can succeed here in the year or two we would need him for.

Abraham for Ramsey plus a future 2nd round pick (2007 or 2008 ) would be a good deal IMO.

And I guess anyone who feels differently gets ignored, or as you did with me, gets a cheap shot then you sign off of aim real quick huh?

Even Redskins sites have their own fans saying that Ramsey will only bring a mid round pick so I see no reason to waste Abraham on him.

If he comes for our 4th round pick great. Otherwise pass.

Ramsey's contract is also up after 2006 so why pay a steep price for a guy who has lost his job 3 different times in Washington unless the trade includes him signing for 3 years at a very reasonable figure.

Even Redskins sites have their own fans saying that Ramsey will only bring a mid round pick so I see no reason to waste Abraham on him.

If he comes for our 4th round pick great. Otherwise pass.

Ramsey's contract is also up after 2006 so why pay a steep price for a guy who has lost his job 3 different times in Washington unless the trade includes him signing for 3 years at a very reasonable figure.

Oh I agree. ESPN.com is saying that once the Pennington situation is over then we'll see the Jets' proposal. Washington was originally seeking a 2nd or 3rd round pick but now since teams they'd pretty much release him at some point his stock could plumet and I wouldn't mind giving one of our 2 4th round picks for Ramsey. Have him play out next season here as the starter and give time Croyle to develop. If Mangini & Co. don't feel like Croyle is ready after 1 season then re-sign Ramsey to a 2-3 year deal and take it from there.

And I guess anyone who feels differently gets ignored, or as you did with me, gets a cheap shot then you sign off of aim real quick huh?

haha,,,thats the way some posters are...you get trashed when you have an opinion...LOL...

Patrick Ramsey is a terrible QB. He couldn't even take the job from Mark Brunell. He is the most incosistant QB in the NFL and he makes poor decisions.

I love how every off season a complete waste of space like Patrick Ramsey becomes the "must have " guy.

He's is down right awful.

Smizzy you knock on Brunell like he's a terrible Quarterback...he is not.

Brunell is more mobile then Ramsey and with a terrible OLine in place you need a more mobile QB. Gibbs pulled Ramsey WAY too early IMO and I think as I've said before that Washington has been a cancer to him. Ramsey has talent and would flourish behind a good OLine and a different system then what he had in Washington. Also you would be re-uniting him with Coles with whom he played with in 18 games in 03 and 04.

TRADE FOR RAMSEY.

Smizzy you knock on Brunell like he's a terrible Quarterback...he is not.

Brunell is more mobile then Ramsey and with a terrible OLine in place you need a more mobile QB. Gibbs pulled Ramsey WAY too early IMO and I think as I've said before that Washington has been a cancer to him. Ramsey has talent and would flourish behind a good OLine and a different system then what he had in Washington. Also you would be re-uniting him with Coles with whom he played with in 18 games in 03 and 04.

TRADE FOR RAMSEY.

Yea Ummm...mark brunell sucks too. Thank god your not evaluating the QB position for us.

Yea Ummm...mark brunell sucks too. Thank god your not evaluating the QB position for us.

Brunell does not suck...he's lost some of his mobility from his days in Jacksonville but he still has a decent arm and he managed the Skins into the playoffs.

Archived