All we need to do is trade Jamal Adams and #2 pick

Bronx

If you use the Seattle #23 pick as a 1st round baseline and want to trade our pick and both of theirs.

#2 overall = three 1sts and a 2nd based on pick 23

2022 1st rounder unknown, at worst imo it is once again 23

Therefor with a seattle known pick baseline you are giving up 5 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder at minimum. 

Also Seattle is a team that could pull a Houston and fall on their faces next year and have a top 5-10 pick.

Once again the 2nd pick in draft holds very high value to whatever team has it.  And is immensely more valuable than the seattle pick this year.

25 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I was all on board with this at first glance but then I started thinking about what might have been had we kept our picks and moved down from 2 instead......you know, trusting JD to select a bunch of good players instead.  Tough decision! 

Totally agree.  It's defiantly a tough decision....but you eventually need a QB and we know all-to-well how hard it is to find one.  Get DW and you have a decade plus to build a team around him. 

This is the move to make if you can.  I love draft picks as much as the next guy but I think worrying about picks this and next year is being short sighted in the big picture.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

This. If you want the second, then you ain’t getting a pick from 2022. The #2 pick isn’t some random first rounder. It’s insanely valuable especially if we see a few more QBs retire. 

It becomes much less valuable now knowing TL is a lock for first selection.

The other QB's in this draft are no way near top ten selection. Also with the cap situation the way its unfolding will cause teams to not want to trade away draft picks...

2 hours ago, Ben Had said:

It becomes much less valuable now knowing TL is a lock for first selection.

The other QB's in this draft are no way near top ten selection. Also with the cap situation the way its unfolding will cause teams to not want to trade away draft picks...

Watson was 12th. Mahomes was 10th. Josh Allen was 7th I believe. We own the 2nd pick. Wilson n Fields will not last beyond the 7th pick at worse. Just because TL is slated at 1 doesn’t mean other QBs won’t be highly rated. The #2 pick is still insanely valuable especially when teams are not willing to part ways with draft picks. If anything, teams holding on to draft picks makes them even more valuable. 

Point being, if we don’t get DW, which is more probable than not, I wouldn’t be too bummed about it if we decided to draft a QB at 2. There are lots of good QB that will go in the first round. It’s a loaded draft and I think you will see a lot of the teams making moves from lower half of the first round. Teams that haven’t had to worry about QBs for a good part of 2 decades.