Zach Wilson @ Jets Rookie Camp

18 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I understand the CB situation is not ideal, but I do like it over last year

Young guys, some raw talent, but also a new system.  I think this zone coverage, Cover - 3 scheme could really unlock a couple of these guys and their natural abilities if they can grasp the system.  Lots of upside IMO with guys like Bryce Hall and Bless Austin.  And, we'd better believe that these 5th and 6th round CBs we got...Carter II, Pinnock, Echols... were specifically chosen because A. their athletic profiles fit what the Jets want and B. the Jets think these guys can fit the scheme.  Realistically, if just one of those three excel in the system then that's a home run.  I'd accept some busts if just one of those guys becomes a very good starter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Young guys, some raw talent, but also a new system.  I think this zone coverage, Cover - 3 scheme could really unlock a couple of these guys and their natural abilities if they can grasp the system.  Lots of upside IMO with guys like Bryce Hall and Bless Austin.  And, we'd better believe that these 5th and 6th round CBs we got...Carter II, Pinnock, Echols... were specifically chosen because A. their athletic profiles fit what the Jets want and B. the Jets think these guys can fit the scheme.  Realistically, if just one of those three excel in the system then that's a home run.  I'd accept some busts if just one of those guys becomes a very good starter.

Also sign a veteran cb to have in the room for experience and role modeling. 

20 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I understand the CB situation is not ideal, but I do like it over last year

Due to Gregg Williams our CBs never had a chance last year. He was the worst defensive play caller I've ever saw. He was vinilla. Simple. All he'd do is all out blitz while leaving our CBs stranded. No disguise coverages whatsoever. 

With Saleh? He's creative. 

• Thumb Down 1