2021 NY Liberty... let's show some love!

On 5/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Sabrina Ionescu seems like she can ball. Can't say I regularly follow the WNBA but she's about as talented and marketable of a star as you can have to build around in that game.

NEW YORK -- Sabrina Ionescu has already left her mark in this young season, becoming the fastest player in WNBA history to record a triple-double.

Ionescu had 26 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds to help New York beat the Minnesota Lynx 86-75 on Tuesday night, giving the Liberty their first 3-0 start in 14 years. It was also their first triple-double in franchise history.

"Obviously getting a triple-double in a win is important," Ionescu said. "Super proud of my teammates, my coaching staff for helping me get that. ... I'm super grateful. It's definitely pretty cool [getting the first one in franchise history].''

At 23 years and 163 days, she is the youngest player in WNBA history to accomplish the feat. The previous youngest was Deanna Nolan (25 years, 269 days) on May 21, 2005, according to Elias Sports Bureau research.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Bronx said:

NEW YORK -- Sabrina Ionescu has already left her mark in this young season, becoming the fastest player in WNBA history to record a triple-double.

Ionescu had 26 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds to help New York beat the Minnesota Lynx 86-75 on Tuesday night, giving the Liberty their first 3-0 start in 14 years. It was also their first triple-double in franchise history.

"Obviously getting a triple-double in a win is important," Ionescu said. "Super proud of my teammates, my coaching staff for helping me get that. ... I'm super grateful. It's definitely pretty cool [getting the first one in franchise history].''

At 23 years and 163 days, she is the youngest player in WNBA history to accomplish the feat. The previous youngest was Deanna Nolan (25 years, 269 days) on May 21, 2005, according to Elias Sports Bureau research.

She was a triple double machine in college. Will be dope to see how she influences a lot of younger girls over the coming years. Insane amount of pressure on her but she seems to have the right mindset towards it all.

• Upvote 1