Week 1 Carolina Road Trip

On 5/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Thinking of making my way down for Week 1 from NY. Anyone else going or has been before? Just curious about nearby hotels and dos and do nots. 

I'm looking to go too. There is another thread where they were talking about a Jets bar in NC. I believe the owner of the bar posts on this site.

13 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

I'm looking to go too. There is another thread where they were talking about a Jets bar in NC. I believe the owner of the bar posts on this site.

No, bar owner is a Panthers fan ")   I started the Jets club here in 2009, I post here.  I turned the club over to 2 young guys and they are planning a tailgate. Go to Jetsfanscharlotte.com and Charlotte Jets Fans on FB as they will post the information.   The bar we us is about 1/2 mile outside the city, we will have a Saturday night rally in the bar.  Trying to find a tailgate spot but there is almost NO vacant spot big enough.  When you go to the website.. THAT is a pic of the last time the Jets were here. I ran that tailgate.  It was exhausting. 

If you come down.. ask for Matt, your 1st beer is on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Thinking of making my way down for Week 1 from NY. Anyone else going or has been before? Just curious about nearby hotels and dos and do nots. 

Did you decide to definitely do this?  It is going to be hard for me to pull off but my son is trying to get me to go to this game. Really want to, have to see Zach win week # 1.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Did you decide to definitely do this?  It is going to be hard for me to pull off but my son is trying to get me to go to this game. Really want to, have to see Zach win week # 1.

I’m actually driving down to Virginia Beach and then North Carolina next week for summer vacation. Haven’t booked anything for the Jets game yet, hoping to do so still. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Joe Batz said:

Daughter just moved to Charlotte. Flying down for the game. Looking for a Jets tailgate. 

Attended a Redskins- Jets game in Maryland years back and there was a Jet traveling tailgate. Does this guy/group still do this? 

@southparkcpa lives in Charlotte and has posted some info on a tailgate being hosted by the local Charlotte Jets Fans group.  I am sure he will provide the details.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@southparkcpa lives in Charlotte and has posted some info on a tailgate being hosted by the local Charlotte Jets Fans group.  I am sure he will provide the details.

@Joe Batz Yeah... we had this thread that was pinned but no longer is.  The club here in Charlotte, I founded in 2009 but stepped away about 2 years ago. The guys who run it now do a very good job. They are holding a Saturday night Rally party and a Sunday morning Tailgate.

Info is at www.Jetsfanscharlotte.com   and Charlotte Jets Fans  on Facebook.

I'll be at both.  Should be a blast!!!

• Upvote 1