Yankee Starting Lineup

Smizzy

Who do you think should lead off ,Jeter or Womack?

My lineup goes...

1-Womack

2-Jeter

3-Arod

4-Sheff

5-Matsui

6-Posada

7-Giambi

8-Williams

9-Tino

If Womack leads off which I would like they have a real speed issue at the bottom. Giambi, Posada, Martinez (7,8,9). Guys that would be brutal.

It is for that reason that I think Womack with be 9th.

I don't want to see AROD hitting 2nd though. Total waste of 40 HRs. Ideally it would be womack, jeter, sheff, arod. But I don't think he can do it.

Jeter-SS

Matsui-LF

A-Rod-3B

Sheff-RF

Posada-C

Bernie-CF

Giambi-DH

Tino-1B

Womcack-2B

IF Giambi comes out of the gate hitting the ball well then he swaps with Posada. I'd normally have Bernie in Posadas spot but I just don't know how much he has left in the tank and I love Matsui in the 2 hole. Low K numbers, knows how to move a runner over and can give you some pop.

My lineup goes...

1-Womack ---- Damon

2-Jeter -----Bellhorn

3-Arod ---- Manny

4-Sheff -----Ortiz

5-Matsui -----Millar

6-Posada -----Nixon

7-Giambi -----Renteria

8-Williams----Varitek

9-Tino ------Mueller

Which is stronger and why?

I will give the Yanks a slight edge. Yankees for the simple fact that they have more power and RBI guys than the Sox. God do I hate seeing Matsui come to the plate. For some reason, he kills Boston pitching. Having said that, these 2 lineups, will again, be at the top in runs scored, yet again.

I think that Trot is the biggest x-factor for the Sox this year. Due to be injured all last year and playing in only 49 games, if he can put up similar numbers to that of the '03 season, their lineup will be killer. But that's a what-if remained to be seen.

I think Renteria will bat 2nd, moving Bellhorn to the nine hole, Tek and Mueller up one spot, respectively.

I will give the Yanks a slight edge. Yankees for the simple fact that they have more power and RBI guys than the Sox. God do I hate seeing Matsui come to the plate. For some reason, he kills Boston pitching. Having said that, these 2 lineups, will again, be at the top in runs scored, yet again.

I agree with that.

Jeter

ARod

Sheffield

Matsui

Bernie

Giambi

Posada

Tino

Womack

Jeter OBP is much higher tham Womack (.385 vs .319). ARod actually hit in the #2 hole last year so why mess with success? Torre loves to split up the switch hitters, so you have to separate Bernie and Posada.

Possible changes would be Posada and Bernie switch in the beginning of the year because Posada starts strong and finishes poorly. Also you could put Womack second and move ARod down to #3, how much longer is everybody going to let the $250 million man, hit #2? He should earn his money and the respect of his teammates and hit third.

Why stop with the Back to the Future plan of bringing back 90s era rejects Tino, Stanton, Sierra and Mendoza...why dont the Yankees go old old school bring back Jack Clark and Rickey Henderson as well?

Or are they going for a 1995 Seattle Mariners by bringing in A-hole, Randy, and Tino? I guess Ken Griffey Jr must be in the cards...

Why stop with the Back to the Future plan of bringing back 90s era rejects Tino, Stanton, Sierra and Mendoza...why dont the Yankees go old old school bring back Jack Clark and Rickey Henderson as well?

Or are they going for a 1995 Seattle Mariners by bringing in A-hole, Randy, and Tino? I guess Ken Griffey Jr must be in the cards...

Norm Charlton anyone?

Archived