Former Jet Signings

JH Jet Fan

18 hours ago, clayton163v said:

It is hard to challenge this statement.  At least for this season until we see how the four young corners adjust to life as NFL players.  Bless truly developed a professional attitude and a Brady-like fanaticism about caring for his body.  It is a defining trait of a successful draftee.  Some guys have a decent rookie campaign and never develop a professional outlook.    I think we needed to see if the rookies could match him off the field before cutting ties entirely. 

I just think he is going to be around a long time.   Not surprised he ended up on a roster instead of a practice squad.  I am glad to see he has been added to a probable playoff team. He is Brooklyn born and went to school at New Jersey's Rutgers.   I wish him well in Seattle. 

At some point you have to defer to the CS. He obviously  wasn't  showing he was a better choice. I think Austin hit like a LB but i don't  think he was so  good in coverage which is probably  what the CS was putting a premium on.  

• Upvote 1

No kidding. This board would make you feel like we just dropped a Revis in his prime. Dime a dozen, easily replaceable etc. 
I must say that the players we cut or trade away way more often than not do not become great players... yes there are some and those are the ones that always come to mind but I guess it's really just human nature to feel this was...I wish Austin the best and hope he has a great career...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk