Culpepper headed to Dolphins?

NIGHT STALKER

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about you wait and see how Chambers plays when he has a real QB throwing him the ball. I know you don't want him to be a great WR, but you're judging him based on having a some of the worst QB's in the league throwing him the ball and an D minded HC that ran the ball more then any team in history over a two year period with Wanny.

And you don't think that Saban is a D minded HC...more so than Wanny!

Is that with or without a QB?? If it's without I can't argue, however if we sign a real QB, I think you'll be eating crow. Do you think Miami's first winning season in december in years was just a fluke?? How do you form your opinions, hate?? Doesn't seem like a logical method.

Yes, without a doubt it was a fluke...been watching this team up close for almost 36 years now and they get too many props in their offseason...what's your schedule look like in the month of December next season? I haven't got a chance to look it over...you guys got a break with cold weather teams last season in December leading you to believe they turned the corner...

Report: Culpepper deal in place

By Alex Marvez

Sun-Sentinel.com

Posted March 9 2006, 7:59 PM EST

The Dolphins are one of the teams that have spoken to the Minnesota Vikings about a possible trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a source said Thursday.

The NFL Network reported a deal to trade Culpepper on Friday was in place but the franchise where he would be headed wasn't identified. Oakland isn't one of those teams, the Network reported, but the Raiders were mulling whether to match or better the offer.

LocalLinks

ESPN reported that the Vikings are seeking to trade Culpepper within the next 24 hours with the Dolphins and Raiders considered the frontrunners.

A source said the Vikings began aggressively shopping Culpepper on Wednesday night after he sent an email to Minnesota media earlier in the day petitioning the franchise for a trade or his release.

Oakland was one of the teams contacted, the source said. The New York Jets, Baltimore, St. Louis and Arizona are also considered potential suitors.

The Vikings are willing to take less than first-round compensation for Culpepper, the source said. If he can't be dealt, Minnesota is expected to release Culpepper before he is due to collect a $6 million roster bonus later this month.

The free-agent signing period is set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday, but a 24-hour delay is expected so teams and agents can digest the financial impact of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that was finalized Wednesday night between the NFL and its players' union.

The Dolphins are in the market for a new starting quarterback and Culpepper would fit the bill. Any trade would likely be tied to Culpepper taking a physical examination, as he tore three knee ligaments last October against Carolina.

Before a rift with team management began last season, the 29-year-old Culpepper was considered one of the NFL's top quarterbacks. But the three-time Pro Bowl player experienced a dreadful 2005 campaign before getting injured, having thrown six touchdowns and 12 interceptions while posting a 2-5 starting record.

This would be an excellent move for Miami. Saban is definitely getting this team in the playoffs next year.

The conditional draft pick wipes out the injury concerns with Culpepper.

And you don't think that Saban is a D minded HC...more so than Wanny!

Saban comes from the D side of the ball, but he is a far more balanced HC then Wanny could ever hope to be. He is the reason we won the last six games by bringing S.Linehan out of the box and down to the sidelines and keeping Scotts sometimes pass happy ways in check. Do a little more research on Saban.

Yes, without a doubt it was a fluke...been watching this team up close for almost 36 years now and they get too many props in their offseason...what's your schedule look like in the month of December next season? I haven't got a chance to look it over...you guys got a break with cold weather teams last season in December leading you to believe they turned the corner...

Been watching the fins for almost 36 years??? How many of those years were under Saban?? You seem to think Miami's final six game run was an easy run?? When was the last time the Jets won their final six games under a first year rookie HC?? In the final six games three games were against division rivals, no matter the records they are always tough games. One of the wins was against the defending SB champs in their house and one was against the Chargers doesn't sound like an easy six games to me.

The NFL isn't MLB, parity is what the NFL is all about. Thats why the Chargers beat the Colts. Obviously the Colts were the much better team, but they lost at home to the Chargers. We beat the Chargers, Broncos and Panthers during our 9-7 season. I think a lot of the Jet fans here hate the fins and base their opinions on that and refuse to give credit where credit is due. Thats fine, not everyone thinks the final six game run was easy like you.

And that is exactly why Pats fans are so happy the Jets resigned PennyBoy.

i could see that if he was ever gonna start again,,

do u seriuosly think mangini signed him with the intent of being a long term starter?

u have to do better than attacking backups,,

has the pats recent fall from dominance made u that much of a cheap shot artist?

do u seriuosly think mangini signed him with the intent of being a long term starter?

has the pats recent fall from dominance made u that much of a cheap shot artist?

Actually, I believe PennyBoy will never start another game for the Jets.

If they bring in Ramsey for competition, there is no way PennyBoy will beat him out during training camp.

And BTW, I still have to get my digs in on the noodle arm.;)

I hate to break it to ya, but at this point you have no better opitions then Penny!!! You may draft a QB, but that would still leave Penny the better option to start. If you think Ramsey is the man, then you're not drafting a QB.

Again backup is what Ramsey is, he may turn out to be a solid starter, but at this point he's a backup!! Unless you trade for Culpepper or sign Brees or Brooks, your best option may be a backup!!

I hate to break it to ya, but at this point you have no better opitions then Penny!!! You may draft a QB, but that would still leave Penny the better option to start. If you think Ramsey is the man, then you're not drafting a QB.

Again backup is what Ramsey is, he may turn out to be a solid starter, but at this point he's a backup!! Unless you trade for Culpepper or sign Brees or Brooks, your best option may be a backup!!

r u nuts,,your post is silly,,

ramsey was not brought in here to be starter of the future,,get a freakin grip,,,

this makes it even more obviuos we are drafting a QB in round 1 or two,,

this team is NOT INTERESTED ina Brees, culpepper high priced vet to start,,we are starting over and will do so with a young drafted qb,,,

ramsey may well start this year but the gameplan if he does is 1 year max, more likey the drafted rook will star by game 8 or so,,,

backup, penny or ramsey is the ONLY SMART way to go for opening day as starter, we need to rebuild with a rookie QB...

Even though most of what you say is just trash talk I agree with some of your points. We would be in much better shape with either Culpeper, Brees or Brooks than with Ramsey.

That said, I think Ramsey can be a decent to good starter in the league. You don't need a phenom quarterback to win the Super Bowl. Just ask Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Jake Delhomme isn't making any top 10 lists and yet he came very close to beating Brady and the Pats for a Super Bowl.

If we can have an excellent defense and running game like Ravens in 2000, we can win a Super Bowl with either Ramsey or Pennington.

r u nuts,,your post is silly,,

ramsey was not brought in here to be starter of the future,,get a freakin grip,,,

this makes it even more obviuos we are drafting a QB in round 1 or two,,

this team is NOT INTERESTED ina Brees, culpepper high priced vet to start,,we are starting over and will do so with a young drafted qb,,,

ramsey may well start this year but the gameplan if he does is 1 year max, more likey the drafted rook will star by game 8 or so,,,

backup, penny or ramsey is the ONLY SMART way to go for opening day as starter, we need to rebuild with a rookie QB...

My post is silly?? You're talking as if Ramsey is already a Jet! I haven't seen proof of that yet. I don't think Ramsey will sign with the Jets if they plan on drafting a QB at #4!! Ramsey wants to be the starting QB period!! So if you sign Ramsey I'll bet a million bucks you don't draft a QB at 4, more like Ferguson if he's there, if not you could trade down....again if you sign Ramsey. You need to understand more about the players that could be Jets and their effect on the Jets immediate future.

Even though most of what you say is just trash talk I agree with some of your points. We would be in much better shape with either Culpeper, Brees or Brooks than with Ramsey.

That said, I think Ramsey can be a decent to good starter in the league. You don't need a phenom quarterback to win the Super Bowl. Just ask Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Jake Delhomme isn't making any top 10 lists and yet he came very close to beating Brady and the Pats for a Super Bowl.

If we can have an excellent defense and running game like Ravens in 2000, we can win a Super Bowl with either Ramsey or Pennington.

I try not to trash talk, but I will when fans act like idiots based on nothing more then hate. However if you want to talk football I'm ok with that. If you sign Ramsey he will demand before signng a contract that he will be the starter and if he knows the Jets will draft a QB with the #4 pick he won't sign with the Jets. If you know anything about Ramsey, that was his biggest issue with the Skins, he wanted to be the starter and he wasn't going to be the starter he wanted to be traded or released. So I'm sure he won't sign with a team that sees him as a temporary fix.

I try not to trash talk, but I will when fans act like idiots based on nothing more then hate. However if you want to talk football I'm ok with that. If you sign Ramsey he will demand before signng a contract that he will be the starter and if he knows the Jets will draft a QB with the #4 pick he won't sign with the Jets. If you know anything about Ramsey, that was his biggest issue with the Skins, he wanted to be the starter and he wasn't going to be the starter he wanted to be traded or released. So I'm sure he won't sign with a team that sees him as a temporary fix.
HEY FEELMYBALLS,YOU MUST BE DRINKING THAT GRAY SH@T THA ZACH IS FLOATING IN.RAMSEY KNOWS WHERE HE SITS RIGHT NOW WITH US,HE'S A BACK UP AND HE KNOWS IT,AND WILL BE WHERE EVER HE GOES.. P.S. GET OFF THIS BOARD WE DON'T LIKE DOLFAGS HERE ANYWAY.HOMO:box:

HEY FEELMYBALLS,YOU MUST BE DRINKING THAT GRAY SH@T THA ZACH IS FLOATING IN.RAMSEY KNOWS WHERE HE SITS RIGHT NOW WITH US,HE'S A BACK UP AND HE KNOWS IT,AND WILL BE WHERE EVER HE GOES.. P.S. GET OFF THIS BOARD WE DON'T LIKE DOLFAGS HERE ANYWAY.HOMO:box:

Wow, you must be a favorite here!!!

Put down the friggn' crack pipe.

Saban has done an outstanding job with the Phins and the will be the Pats primary competition for the foreseeable future.

crack pipes are given out in new england on promo days the dolphins and patrriots are done they will battle us for the basement see you there

u just gettin goofier

ya right a marginal second rate vet is going to DEMAND a gurantee he will be a starter,,

he will get the tradtional , 'we will have a open camp and all will start out as equals' line

if we dont draft a qb in round 1 it will be round 2 or 3,, unless they have a sleeper later in draft,,any rate, they will draft a starter of the future this draft regardless of whether journeyman ramsey signs

u just gettin goofier

ya right a marginal second rate vet is going to DEMAND a gurantee he will be a starter,,

he will get the tradtional , 'we will have a open camp and all will start out as equals' line

if we dont draft a qb in round 1 it will be round 2 or 3,, unless they have a sleeper later in draft,,any rate, they will draft a starter of the future this draft regardless of whether journeyman ramsey signs

OK whatever.

Archived