The Elephant in the Room

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

C. J. Beathard would be massively outplaying Lawrence if they started him.  It's not even a question.   Lawrence has been flat out awful.  Andy Dalton is massively outplaying Fields.  I would still be very happy to have Lawrence as my QB.  

Who's having a conversation that White is better than Wilson?  White right now can run the O.  I just watched the Bengals give up 153 rushing yards and 41 points to Cleveland at home.  There D was bitch slapped at their home field.   The Colts D made Johnson look like an all pro. 

It's possible without tape a disinterested and not very good Bengals team didn't prepare for Mike White.  It's also possible that our OL and O skill position players are better today than they were a few weeks ago.  

White might turn out to be a good NFL starting QB.  Why should I be concerned?  He's young, he's got size and a decent arm.  He's getting a shot and he might be real good.  Chances are when teams start game planning for him and have actual tape he'll revert to a mean that's something between backup and PS.  

I would bet if Buffalo trotted out Trubisky yesterday they win by 2 or 3 TD's.   Doesn't mean he's better than Allen.  

White seems to have a grasp of the O that Wilson doesn't have yet.  He seems to be relaxed and processing.  The O is functioning better with him right now.  That can change rapidly in the NFL.  The entire league is based on adjustments and with White it's just starting.  I hope he is the starter for the next 10 years.  It would be great if he's a franchise NFL QB that we happened to luck into.  That's highly unlikely.  

At this point nothing is daming of Zach.  He was thrown into the fire by a young staff and he got hurt.  Not badly but hurt.  Now by luck the O gets to develop with a more experienced QB while Zach gets to regroup.  It might work out great for Zach?

Very good post.
I think you and I are in complete agreement here actually.

He has great intelligence, great foot speed, highly accurate, well above average arm stregth, A plus release.  This kid was a top 10 to 2 pick on every NFL draft board.  
None of that means he won't struggle or outright suck as an NFL QB. 
Serious question.  Are you serious or trolling?

I’m dead serious. He’s not very accurate, he’s not remotely highly football intelligent, and I have no idea what foot speed you’re referring to. He’s struggling because he has no idea what the Defense is doing, and no idea what the offense does to counter the D he sees. He plays in fog because he has no idea what to do, so he gives some cool ”go deep” signs and throws up prayers. When he was injured he had his choice of 2 wide open receivers, one for an 8-10 yard gain, the other for 20-25 yards. They were wide open. Instead he held the ball too long to throw a bomb into double covg. The entire design of that play was to force the D to leave one of those routes uncovered, and in fact got the D to leave 2 uncovered. If he threw either of the correct routes the ball is out early and he doesn’t get hit. Mike White just sees the field and knows what to do. That’s the difference between the two. Zach Wilson will be an afterthought in 3 years, he’s awful. Thought so before the draft as well abd nothing has changed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app