Looks like New Orleans will get Brees

vinnys025

No, I dont have a link. But just saw on ESPN that it looks like they are pretty close to signing him. Miami is not going after him like New Orleans so it looks like we will have to face Culpepper in our division. Yup, the Dolphins are targeting Culpepper like New Orleans is targeting Brees.

So what would this do to the draft? New Orleans would mostly likley trade out of the #2 spot now, but if they dont, then two of the top 3 qb's in the draft will fall to us.

No, I dont have a link. But just saw on ESPN that it looks like they are pretty close to signing him. Miami is not going after him like New Orleans so it looks like we will have to face Culpepper in our division. Yup, the Dolphins are targeting Culpepper like New Orleans is targeting Brees.

So what would this do to the draft? New Orleans would mostly likley trade out of the #2 spot now, but if they dont, then two of the top 3 qb's in the draft will fall to us.

Here is an idea? Why don't THE JETS target Culpeper?

Who do you think has a better record next year? Miami with Culpeper or the Jets with Bollinger, Kitna, Ramsey, Pennington or whatever loser we have at qb.

Call me crazy but my money is on Miami.

Cullpepper will not be able to play until week 8 and it is too early to predict anything at this point.

Who do you think has a better record next year? Miami with Culpeper or the Jets with Bollinger, Kitna, Ramsey, Pennington or whatever loser we have at qb.

Think outside the box. What would you rather have a good record next year or build a foundation that can sustain great seasons for years to come.

We're not set up to win now...so, I'd rather sign some stop gap QB (if we are) and then draft a QB for the future.

Signing Culpepper maybe if we didn't have so many other question marks and even then I would question signing this guy because between Pennington and Culpepper we would have do much money tied up to the walking wounded.

We're not set up to win now...so, I'd rather sign some stop gap QB (if we are) and then draft a QB for the future.

Signing Culpepper maybe if we didn't have so many other question marks and even then I would question signing this guy because between Pennington and Culpepper we would have do much money tied up to the walking wounded.

Agree, and how do you think Daunte will take to sitting if Pennington is healthy and playing well?

This is absolutely ridiculous. Culpepper had surgery last November, is ahead of schedule with rehab and will play next year. The guy is 29 and has 6-7 good years left. Couple him with a down the field threat at receiver or a good tight end our offense will be back on track.

If we can trade Abe and 3rd rounder for this guy it's a steal.

You want to suffer through some more 6-7 win seasons? Avoid Culpeper and go after scrubs like Jon Kitna. I'm tired of the Jet mediocrity, I want a Super Bowl.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Culpepper had surgery last November, is ahead of schedule with rehab and will play next year. The guy is 29 and has 6-7 good years left. Couple him with a down the field threat at receiver or a good tight end our offense will be back on track.

You want to suffer through some more 6-7 win seasons? Avoid Culpeper and go after scrubs like Jon Kitna. I'm tired of the Jet mediocrity, I want a Super Bowl.

are you terry bradway?

I can see passing up Culpepper for Leinart, Young or Cutler - that's fine. But to pass up Culpepper for Jon Kitna or Patrick Ramsey? That's just awful.

The best part is you guys want to bring in Ramsey but you don't want to bring him any help. You don't want to give him a running back or receivers. You want to give him an OT at #4 when there are about a dozen other good OT's in this draft and even more in free agency.

Brady with New England, Culpepper with Miami. We'll spend the next 5-6 years fighting with Buffalo to stay out of last place in the AFC East.

I can see passing up Culpepper for Leinart, Young or Cutler - that's fine. But to pass up Culpepper for Jon Kitna or Patrick Ramsey? That's just awful.

The best part is you guys want to bring in Ramsey but you don't want to bring him any help. You don't want to give him a running back or receivers. You want to give him an OT at #4 when there are about a dozen other good OT's in this draft and even more in free agency.

Brady with New England, Culpepper with Miami. We'll spend the next 5-6 years fighting with Buffalo to stay out of last place in the AFC East.

but for abe and 3rd rounder? come one now ricky

In all fairness even if we did have Culpepper the fins would still have a better season than us.

I'm not a big fan of culpeppeer,he will probably lose a lot of quickness and mobility after the injury and i questions his smarts.He seems to implode against good defenses and would often get himself out of trouble by just throwing it up to Moss.Plus a guy who thinks joining in a sex party on a boat in front of bystanders isn't a very smart man.

The Raiders were going to give the Vikings a 3rd rounder but then backed off because of the injury. So we can possibly give up a 4th rounder and thats it and they would be happy with just that.

So,if Brees signs with New Orleans,what do they do with that #2 pick? Do they grab D'Brick?

Probably trade down. Which will further hurt our chances of trading down.

Houston seems to want to trade down since they already have a running back and they still believe in David Carr.

Tennesee definitely wants to trade down now that they kept both McNair and Volek.

I'll be optimistic and say Brees is using the Saints to get leverage on Miami.

Archived