Seriously, Am I Nuts?

JetsFanatic

I think it is the right move -- in the long term. This is the first time since Walt Michaels was calling the shots that the Jets are committed to building through the draft. BTW, Walt had no choice. The draft was pretty much the only way you could get players back then. 

It will be a long, hard ugly slog, of watching unwatchable games of Jet players doing more learning on the job than competing. But when the Jets arrive they will arrive as perennial contenders. And it will not even matter if Zach Wilson works out. The entire roster will be so deep and so good, that they can plug in any well-traveled vet and be a playoff team. 

31Fi2SjrUhL._AC_.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think it is the right move -- in the long term. This is the first time since Walt Michaels was calling the shots that the Jets are committed to building through the draft. BTW, Walt had no choice. The draft was pretty much the only way you could get players back then. 

It will be a long, hard ugly slog, of watching unwatchable games of Jet players doing more learning on the job than competing. But when the Jets arrive they will arrive as perennial contenders. And it will not even matter if Zach Wilson works out. The entire roster will be so deep and so good, that they can plug in any well-traveled vet and be a playoff team. 

31Fi2SjrUhL._AC_.jpg

LGM! Ya gotta believe - but... - Metuchen Downtown Alliance | Facebook

• Upvote 1