I want Jimmy G here next year

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If Jimmy G came to the Jets next year, there is a very good chance he would outperform Zach Wilson in training camp. 

The idea that Zach Wilson is going to go to the bench next year but still be the future franchise QB is not likely. He's probably a dead man walking if that happens. The Jets won't do that.

We need Zach Wilson to show up to training camp and at least be at or around the Jimmy G level next year. If he does that, then there is a lot of hope for Zach going forward. If he's not even at that level next year, it's not looking good for him.

If he came here next year and performed at Jimmy's level the fellation around here would be hard to take.  Or just get Jimmy and be a contender!  I am so tired of losing!  And. don't believe Zach would be dead man walking - nothing wrong with learning behind a pro.  It is not the straightest path - better if it happened last year - but still, winning now should be a top priority for JD and Saleh.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I mentioned no one seriously thinks he won't be the opening day starter. But if he looks horrible for the first month straight, out of the gate, the rest of the team shouldn't be punished for the remaining 12-13 games just because there's no one else they feel they can start for more than a few weeks of spot duty. 

Just saying, such risk is unnecessary. It's not like every backup costs $10MM/yr. Especially since the established, veteran starter money really got up there.

Seems like we are using slightly different words to say the same thing

So….start a rookie QB year one..sit him year two……after you talk about how much he has improved…start a veteran on a team full of 2nd and third year players…..then go back to the kid you drafted second overall..because you think he’s ready by sitting on the bench holding a clipboard….great plan…

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1