As a Reminder: JD Player Grading System

32EBoozer

6 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Becton literally came from a zone scheme out of college. 

your right. 

i know i read it somewhere and found 2 post articles where they make it sound like the wide zone blocking scheme was new to him. i guess they didnt know he did it at Louisville.

my bad

30 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m not sure how similar it was though? He seemed to struggle.   

its has to be his weight. looking at old scouting reports to see if Arte was right which he was, his weight was one of his weaknesses. Damm if they are right

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was early, though. AVT struggled for his early weeks in it, too. Plus he’d been out with an injury and then poof Becton’s got someone new playing next to him. Then McGovern’s start to the season wasn’t too hot either - looked like he was about to have a repeat stinker season - but then he finished up fine on balance. 

If it’s something that takes time for most - and for the line as a whole playing together - I wouldn’t read too much into the first half of the first game.

I’m more concerned about his playing time than his playing ability, but think he’ll be fine this year despite what seems like 90% of the board wanting to dump him for good & move on already. That, or have the team treat him like he’s merely depth rather than one of the most unique combinations of size & skill in the league, and not just nothing but potential, since he had a good rookie season (better rookie year than AVT had anyway, and people slobber all over his jock).

Becton may disappoint yet again this year, but to me it’s nuts to give up on him already and - for a team with so many more pressing needs - take a tackle at #4 as though the team had outright holes at the tackle positions.

The reports of Lawson flying around him every practice concerned me.  An awesome RT isn’t the end of the world if that’s how it works out.  

Fant stepped up big time, and it’s Fant’s job to lose at LT now.  

• Upvote 1