Jets Trade for Patrick Ramsey!

Smizzy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vinny, I totally agree with you.

All this good stuff going on in Jetland makes it that much harder for me to piss off Jet fans.;)

Ahhh, so all this negative fodder you consistantly throw around is just to get a rise out of us.....I see....

I'm very happy with how this played out.At worst we've got a solid back up for next to nothing.But whats even better is that we've pissed off the whole of redskin nation who thought they would get a 2nd for him.

I am VERY Happy with this move.

A 6th is, frankly, a very low draft pick. For example, what are our past 6th round picks doing today?

2005: Joel Dressen is buried at #3 and sinking on the Depth Chart, with the Jets actively looking to get a TE as we speak, behind Jolly and Baker last season. He might still turn out okay, but it's far from a sure thing.

2004: Marko Cavka, gone off to NFL Europe I believe, and not even a starter there.....

2003: Our very own Brooks Bollinger. If you think Bollinger is better than Ramsey, you should stop posting right this very second. I was a big Bollinger backer last season, and even I know Ramsey's potential and upside dwarfs that of Bollywood, no question.

2002: No 6th Round Pick

2001: No 6th Round Pick

2000: Tony Scott CB North Carolina State. Who? Right.

1999: Marc Megna LB Richmond & J.P. Machado C Illinois Big Stars today, right? Ah, no.

1998: Eric Ogbogu DE Maryland, Chris Brazzell WR Angelo State & Dustin Johnson RB Brigham Young. Ogbogu played okay if I recall, although mostly not for us. The others? Lol.

1997: Tim Scharf LB Northwestern & Chuck Clements QB Houston. I think we ALL remember the glorious Clements Era of Jets football. Right?

1996: Hugh Hunter DE Hampton. Zzzzz....

1995: Eddie Mason OLB North Carolina. Zzzzzz.....

1994: Fred Lester RB Alabama A&M. Zzzzz.......

1993: Richie Anderson FB Penn State! YaY! finally, over 13 years ago, we snagged a winner in the 6th. Great selection, and very solid NY Jet.

Going back farther there's a few others that turned out pretty decent, like Jeff Blake (1992) & Terance Mathis (1990), but way more no-name never-was players than even role-players in the group of Jets 6th rounders. and frankly, Blake was never a good Jet, or even a very good QB, and Mathis is best remembered (in my mind) as a Falcon.

(Source NFL.com)

Commentary: Look, this is THE single best move the Jets can make, for MANY reasons, not the least of which is utter flexabillity.

We now have two Veteran QB's on the roster, both face falling out of the league to Tim Couch-dom), both with something to prove, chips on their shoulders, and plenty of physical abillity and talent.

But what is that? Now we cannot draft a QB you say, so you hate the deal? Bolderdash I say. If the Jets truly want a Matt Leainrt, they CAN get him, if they want. Pennington and Ramsey are both short-timers who must prove themselves or they WILL be cut next offseason, period. If they fail, they are gone, cap-friedly cuts, and whomever gets drafted this draft can step right in at #1 if the warrant that.

But now we don't NEED to draft a QB. We are no longer DESPERATE, as we were pre-Ramsey, to get a QB in round #1 this draft, or maybe even worse, make a poor value trade with Atlanta to get Schaub.

But if we want, we still CAN trade Abe to Atlanta for Schaub. Or not.

Move up to #2 for Leinart. Or Not.

Stay at #4 and get Young or Cutler. Or not.

Or draft the Brick at #4 and draft a QB like Croyle in round 2 or 3. Or Not.

Flexabillity my friends. It means never having to overpay and say your sorry about it later.

Look, I hope Chad succeeds But if he doesn't, we have Ramsey's big Gun to try out. I hope Ramsey succeeds, but if he doesn't, I'm betting we have a draft pick to try out. Depth, flexabillity, chips-on-shoulders and potential. We have it all now (or soon will post draft).

This my friends was a VALUE trade. Ramsey is FAR above a 6th round potential, evan at his worst he's a 4th round potential and 3rd round physical talent and arm.

I know many Jets fans hate Ramsey, but please, read this, see the flexabillity this deal brings us, and understand. There will be no 2005 Jets now at QB. Be it Chad, Ramsey or a draft pick, ONE will step up and lead our Jets in 2006.

Today is a good day.

Like Ramsey or hate him, it's nice to see the Jets FO play some hardball and not get bent over the table like the old regime. Bradway would have give up a 2nd rounder for Ramsey. The Skins caved, even though the word was that the Jets had no leverage because of all the recent QB signings. How about that kiddie corps FO?

now thats some funny chit there ....HAHAHAHAHA

MLM, or whoever the fu*k you are today, calm down.

I was busting chops.

Ramsey was a great move, especially for the price.

There is no risk to this and there could be much reward if they package him to the Falcons for Schaub.

And with that Warfish will be heard from again in december.

Not so. Here I am again, and its only Smarch! Damn Smarch weather.

I must say though, the loss of my special "Master Baiter" rank, and being demoted back to a mere "rookie" has me all but in tears my old friend.

Not so. Here I am again, and its only Smarch! Damn Smarch weather.

I must say though, the loss of my special "Master Baiter" rank, and being demoted back to a mere "rookie" has me all but in tears my old friend.

My friend. You can give yourself titles around here. Go to your profile and put it back in.

they prefer the term "Elitist" ;)

Naaaa, it's not elitism at all. You'll notice I have not become an "Insider" over there......and I have never had a bad word for you all, and often try to stop such bad-talk on JI in the bud. I loved you guys, and the split still kills me, really.

For me, it's more laziness and time availabillity. I got ALOT Of hobbies, and I hang on ALOT of forums and websites. Football already gets the vast majority of my time, posting wise. And frankly, I found after trying to post/read both here and there, that it was all too much effort and duplicity.

And I chose which site to stay at purely on one very selfish and self-indulgent thing. I had like 6000 posts there already and felt I was well-known...sorta....I think, and respected (I thought, likely in error, especially at least till I made the error of assuming Flow could take a joke callout/desire to hear his view the way it was intended). And JI moved faster, which appealed to my obsessive side.

In any event, I just sort of gravitated back to JI. Wasn't a choice based on personallities, or any other slight to you here, especially you Smizz. I hope you know you're my boy, always will be (at least till the day I actually meet you and find out you're a dick, lol).

I try to come by once in a while, especially on something important. I felt the Ramsey thing (which I won't lie, I also posted at JI) was important enough to post twice (such ego I have, eh?)

I miss alot of you. I wish the split never happened, and we were all one big Jetsfan family again. I know thats lame, and pussy-like, but it's how I feel.

Sorry for the manifesto....guess I'd been meaning to say something like this for awhile. Melodram IS my middle name after all.

I am VERY Happy with this move.

A 6th is, frankly, a very low draft pick. For example, what are our past 6th round picks doing today?

2005: Joel Dressen is buried at #3 and sinking on the Depth Chart, with the Jets actively looking to get a TE as we speak, behind Jolly and Baker last season. He might still turn out okay, but it's far from a sure thing.

2004: Marko Cavka, gone off to NFL Europe I believe, and not even a starter there.....

2003: Our very own Brooks Bollinger. If you think Bollinger is better than Ramsey, you should stop posting right this very second. I was a big Bollinger backer last season, and even I know Ramsey's potential and upside dwarfs that of Bollywood, no question.

2002: No 6th Round Pick

2001: No 6th Round Pick

2000: Tony Scott CB North Carolina State. Who? Right.

1999: Marc Megna LB Richmond & J.P. Machado C Illinois Big Stars today, right? Ah, no.

1998: Eric Ogbogu DE Maryland, Chris Brazzell WR Angelo State & Dustin Johnson RB Brigham Young. Ogbogu played okay if I recall, although mostly not for us. The others? Lol.

1997: Tim Scharf LB Northwestern & Chuck Clements QB Houston. I think we ALL remember the glorious Clements Era of Jets football. Right?

1996: Hugh Hunter DE Hampton. Zzzzz....

1995: Eddie Mason OLB North Carolina. Zzzzzz.....

1994: Fred Lester RB Alabama A&M. Zzzzz.......

1993: Richie Anderson FB Penn State! YaY! finally, over 13 years ago, we snagged a winner in the 6th. Great selection, and very solid NY Jet.

Going back farther there's a few others that turned out pretty decent, like Jeff Blake (1992) & Terance Mathis (1990), but way more no-name never-was players than even role-players in the group of Jets 6th rounders. and frankly, Blake was never a good Jet, or even a very good QB, and Mathis is best remembered (in my mind) as a Falcon.

(Source NFL.com)

Commentary: Look, this is THE single best move the Jets can make, for MANY reasons, not the least of which is utter flexabillity.

We now have two Veteran QB's on the roster, both face falling out of the league to Tim Couch-dom), both with something to prove, chips on their shoulders, and plenty of physical abillity and talent.

But what is that? Now we cannot draft a QB you say, so you hate the deal? Bolderdash I say. If the Jets truly want a Matt Leainrt, they CAN get him, if they want. Pennington and Ramsey are both short-timers who must prove themselves or they WILL be cut next offseason, period. If they fail, they are gone, cap-friedly cuts, and whomever gets drafted this draft can step right in at #1 if the warrant that.

But now we don't NEED to draft a QB. We are no longer DESPERATE, as we were pre-Ramsey, to get a QB in round #1 this draft, or maybe even worse, make a poor value trade with Atlanta to get Schaub.

But if we want, we still CAN trade Abe to Atlanta for Schaub. Or not.

Move up to #2 for Leinart. Or Not.

Stay at #4 and get Young or Cutler. Or not.

Or draft the Brick at #4 and draft a QB like Croyle in round 2 or 3. Or Not.

Flexabillity my friends. It means never having to overpay and say your sorry about it later.

Look, I hope Chad succeeds But if he doesn't, we have Ramsey's big Gun to try out. I hope Ramsey succeeds, but if he doesn't, I'm betting we have a draft pick to try out. Depth, flexabillity, chips-on-shoulders and potential. We have it all now (or soon will post draft).

This my friends was a VALUE trade. Ramsey is FAR above a 6th round potential, evan at his worst he's a 4th round potential and 3rd round physical talent and arm.

I know many Jets fans hate Ramsey, but please, read this, see the flexabillity this deal brings us, and understand. There will be no 2005 Jets now at QB. Be it Chad, Ramsey or a draft pick, ONE will step up and lead our Jets in 2006.

Today is a good day.

POTW NOM. Nice job, Fish. Don't be a stranger.

I wasn't saying thats how you feel. It's just the general feeling over there.

They think they are "better" Jets fans. The whole thing is a joke in my book and We don't really care what they do over there.

You are one of my all time favorite posters. Im not gonna complain about where and when you post. Sure I wish you would post here more but what can you do.

All I know is our NYJ/Football forum is better. Ive seen that crap thats posted there and I would have quit by now If I wasn't already banned.

I wasn't saying thats how you feel. It's just the general feeling over there.

They think they are "better" Jets fans. The whole thing is a joke in my book and We don't really care what they do over there.

You are one of my all time favorite posters. Im not gonna complain about where and when you post. Sure I wish you would post here more but what can you do.

All I know is our NYJ/Football forum is better. Ive seen that crap thats posted there and I would have quit by now If I wasn't already banned.

POTW.

Archived