Jets Trade for Patrick Ramsey!

Smizzy

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ne...id=2372804

Finally completing a trade that had been rumored for weeks, the New York Jets on Friday afternoon acquired quarterback Patrick Ramsey from the Washington Redskins for a sixth-round choice in the 2006 draft, ESPN.com has learned.

Given the uncertainty over the availability of Chad Pennington, who is rehabilitating from a second rotator cuff surgery five months ago, the Jets considered a variety of options for bolstering their quarterback depth chart. As recently as earlier Friday, the Jets were still in discussions about a trade that would have brought them Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub in a deal that would have sent three-time Pro Bowl defensive end John Abraham to Atlanta.

The Jets and Falcons continued on Friday to explore other formulas for completing an Abraham trade.

***Whatever- I'm in a wait and see mode...nothing to jump up and down about.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 6th rounder for a decent starting qb is certainly a good trade. Now let's focus on giving Ramsey some help on offense. Trade the #4 pick to either Arizona or Oakland, whoever wants Young or Cutler the most, for a bunch of picks including their first rounder. Trade Abe to the Falcons for the 15th pick or Denver for #22.

With two first round picks we can get REAL PLAYMAKERS like Lendale White, Lawrence Maroney, Vernon Davis or Leonard Pope. With a bunch of picks in Rounds 2-5 we can grab some quality young Offensive Linemen like Scott, Whitworth, O'Callaghan, Mangold, Eslinger, Max Jean-Gilles and Charles Spencer.

You have to surround Ramsey with talent. The guy can't do it all by himself. I want guys who strike fear into a defense.

The only thing that I can say about getting Ramsey is WHY???

God help us if in training camp the QB's that are competing for the starters job is Ramsey & Pennington.

He was damn near free and he's better then Vinny INT & Brooks Bollinger?

I thought this was an interesting coincidence that I stole from the skins board:

On St. Patrick's day no less, and he will be wearing green from now on.

Btw, they are happy with a 6th because they feel they have controlled free agency and will be fine.

The only thing that I can say about getting Ramsey is WHY???

God help us if in training camp the QB's that are competing for the starters job is Ramsey & Pennington.

I understand your concern because neither Pennington nor Ramsey are great. However, if the Jets surround them with talent on offense and stack the D we could contend for a Super Bowl with them. You don't necessarily need a great qb to win a Super Bowl. Just ask Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and now Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger is a very good qb but before he won the Super Bowl I doubt anyone had him as a top 10 qb yet.

Get a stud running back and receiver, build the O-line and D-line and we can be good next year.

Not impressed. Ramsey is a bust, and only better than Pennington because his arm is not hangling off like the Black Knight from the Holy Grail. If he gets wheeled for Schaub, then I will be impressed.

My dead grandmother is a better QB than a HEALTHY Chad Pennington.

He is the cherry on top of the **** pie Terry Bradway cooked for us.

I thought this was an interesting coincidence that I stole from the skins board:

On St. Patrick's day no less, and he will be wearing green from now on.

Btw, they are happy with a 6th because they feel they have controlled free agency and will be fine.

That's awesome.

Lenny P,done deal.

ESPN NEWS!!

Jets Send a draft pick to Washington for QB Patrick Ranmsey.

what pick do you think it is??

Great move by The Jets. Low risk move and The Jets gave up only a 6th rounder.

Ramsey is a talented young QB who never really got a fair break in Washington. He should provide good depth at QB for The Jets. There's no risk here whatsoever.

No risk?

What happens when Ramsey beats out PennyBoyWonder during training camp?

The Jets will then be paying $3 mil+ for a back-up QB.:eek:

You call that a risk. That would be a good thing.

Who cares about the money? Pennington and Ramsey combined in 2006 make less than many backup QB's in this league make.

If Ramsey proves to be a good QB and wins The #1 job. How is that a bad thing exactly TX?...

No risk?

What happens when Ramsey beats out PennyBoyWonder during training camp?

The Jets will then be paying $3 mil+ for a back-up QB.:eek:

Tx, give Mangini some credit. He's doing his best to clean up Herm and company's mess. This is what he has, and I think he's doing a good job so far.

If Ramsey proves to be a good QB and wins The #1 job. How is that a bad thing exactly TX?...

MLM, or whoever the fu*k you are today, calm down.

I was busting chops.

Ramsey was a great move, especially for the price.

There is no risk to this and there could be much reward if they package him to the Falcons for Schaub.

Tx, give Mangini some credit. He's doing his best to clean up Herm and company's mess. This is what he has, and I think he's doing a good job so far.

vinny, I totally agree with you.

All this good stuff going on in Jetland makes it that much harder for me to piss off Jet fans.;)

Archived