Revis on the Pat McAfee Show.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How is the bold all that much different from what I said?  Players get cut so that large amounts of non-guaranteed money gets voided.  You affirmed my point.  

And I never said nor implied that they "renegged" either.  

"Meaningless" isn't the right word to describe NFL contracts, but they certainly do provide owners with a lot of flexibility and leaves top tier players with the only recourse of holding out for an extension and raise. 

Revis decided not to play into the owners' game, instead betting on himself with short but expensive deals, and you hate him for it.  Yet I'm sure you've praised entrepreneurs you play golf with for "beating the system", no?

And I say all this as someone who, in this very thread and in others, has been critical of Revis for other reasons.

So we agree... owners are in compliance with the contract and those who holdout are not.

23 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Newsflash.  Some take it to another level.  Mevi$ was the most mercenary player in Jets history. It's not even close.  I have been a fan for almost 60 years and there has never been a player more absorbed with his contract than Mevi$. He either threatened a hold out or held out every single season of his NFL career.  There are many players that have contract disputes in their careers. Players also try to get as much money as possible. The issue with Mevi$ is that he had to be the highest paid CB year after year and if he wasn't because somebody got a bigger contract after he signed his contract, he immediately became unhappy and started his renegotiation campaign.  The analogy would be Mahomes holding out this summer because Watson just became the highest paid QB.  That's not going to happen. But if Mahomes was Revi$, he'd be threatening a hold out as we speak.  It was exhausting and annoying and detrimental to the team.  

you're name and avatar references the biggest ME player in football history.

45 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So we agree... owners are in compliance with the contract and those who holdout are not.

Yes, and players who holdout are aware of those consequences for not complying (fines, etc).  

That doesn't explain why you hate Revis for that behavior when you likely praise similar behavior when others succeed in increasing their income in "creative" fashion.

32 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Jets fans who hate on Revis are weirdos. Greatest Jets player ever and frankly it's not close.

I don't "hate" Revis.  It's just complicated.  There's a lot I liked about him, and a few things not so much.  But the contract negotiation tactics were never a reason for any dislike I had for him.