2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

1. Can Kravstsov make us forget about the 2-year journey he has been on to god knows where?  (don't go back to Russia kid. In case you haven't heard there is a military draft right now and they ase looking for anyone who can shoot)
  2. Do Laffy and Kakko justify their lofty draft positions?
  3. Can Chytil pick up where his game left off last year or was that just a momentary flash in the pan?
  4. Blue line still needs some beef.
  5. Artemi Pararin has to wait a whole year to make up for his playoff disappearing act.  Biggest postseason disappointment for us.  I hope it was injury because if not then his game simply does not translate into playoff hockey and we overpaid for him if that is true.
  6. Was Chris Kreider a one year wonder? (I fear he was)
  7. Can this team win some effing face offs already? It has been decades since we were even marginally competent in that regard.
  8. Need the blue line kiddies to progress.  At least two out of Zac Jones, Braden Schneider and Libor Hajek need to turn into solid performers.  I think Hajek may be the odd man out.
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Two thoughts:

1. Nice win tonight. 
2. Please don’t jinx us with this thread title. 

They had a 100 points and won 10 playoff games last season.

They're not rebuilding anymore, no matter what the thread title is.

2 hours ago, TBJ said:

They had a 100 points and won 10 playoff games last season.

They're not rebuilding anymore, no matter what the thread title is.

Some think (me included) we got out ahead of our skis last year,  Don't get me wrong it was a truly magical run but we need some of our guys to step up big time just to get back to the same place.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EM31 said:

Some think (me included) we got out ahead of our skis last year,  Don't get me wrong it was a truly magical run but we need some of our guys to step up big time just to get back to the same place.

Certainly, but they're not in rebuild mode anymore.

4 hours ago, TBJ said:

Certainly, but they're not in rebuild mode anymore.

Agreed about not being in rebuild mode but it is more a case of seeing if the pieces we added through the draft/free agency are the real deal or not.  If not then parts of the build will need to be (re)done.

My biggest fear is that Panarin, Mika and Krieder are not a top two line Stanley cup nucleus but we have basically paid them as if they are..

I will be happy to be proven wrong as I was with Trouba who I thought was paid too much.  I was completely wrong on that score.

29 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Agreed about not being in rebuild mode but it is more a case of seeing if the pieces we added through the draft/free agency are the real deal or not.  If not then parts of the build will need to be (re)done.

My biggest fear is that Panarin, Mika and Krieder are not a top two line Stanley cup nucleus but we have basically paid them as if they are..

I will be happy to be proven wrong as I was with Trouba who I thought was paid too much.  I was completely wrong on that score.

They all still have something to prove. I definitely think they are moving in the right direction, and for the most part I like the moves.

NY has to pay a bit more to offset the state tax, with that being said Panarin took less than the Islanders were offering.

Worst case scenario they will re-tool.

Rangers give up shorty and let that one slip away in OT.

It's nice to see the farm play in these games, there's some good talent in the organization.

If Jimmy Vesey keeps it up, he should make the team.

I bought his jersey for pennies on the dollar after they traded him. ?

A less than crisp performance tonight.

Kravtsov has not been impressive. He may be trying too hard.  Early days but still, not a great start.

Hunt, Gauthier, Carpenter, Tinordi, Brodzinski and a few others are basically occupying space for no good reason.  We know we have them if injuries come, otherwise they should not see any playing time.