2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

16 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What a game 

Would’ve been a travesty to not get 2 points with how dominant they were 

Philly goalie was phenomenal 

Igor was no slouch himself 

God dam I love good hockey 

So many people wouldn't get it if you said 'I watched an awesome game last night. 0-0 heading to OT.'

But yeah, this was a good game. Refs need to be looked at on that no call puck over the glass though. Absurd no-call.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

The LAF miss was painful. Had the whole net!

The Flyers goalie was standing on his head last night. Impressive!

It was surprisingly entertaining for a 0-0 game.

Hate to give the Flyers 1, but glad we got the 2 points, and yes Laffy should have buried that.

@TBJ

The problem this year so far has been the consistent squandering of prime scoring chances by the Rangers.  Defense has been solid.   Face-offs are stunningly improved and even our 5 on 5 open play has been better than in previous years.  We have just wasted many many good chances in front of net.  Not so much against the Bruins the other night who played an outstanding defensive game but in our other losses and even some of the wins our "scorers" left much to be desired.

Maybe Othman has to become part of the answer earlier than the front office would like.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

@TBJ

The problem this year so far has been the consistent squandering of prime scoring chances by the Rangers.  Defense has been solid.   Face-offs are stunningly improved and even our 5 on 5 open play has been better than in previous years.  We have just wasted many many good chances in front of net.  Not so much against the Bruins the other night who played an outstanding defensive game but in our other losses and even some of the wins our "scorers" left much to be desired.

Maybe Othman has to become part of the answer earlier than the front office would like.

You're right, too many missed opportunities has hurt them thus far.

Othman looks like he's going to be a stud.

Not having Chytil is a big loss, he started out hot.

Laffy and Kakko need to shoot and score more.

Kratzov can't stay healthy and has been ineffective.

If Gauthier could finish, he would be a big help, he gets a lot of chances.

The Rangers have looked like complete sh*t the last two games. Especially tonight they were discombobulated and lost out there. I'm worried about the direction these guys are taking.

Lafreniere looked like sh*t again. He had a chance to win the game with a one timer and looked like he wasn't ready for the pass blowing the chance. 

Kreider no showed again and Gallant punished him for it and then called him out post game which I don't mind at all.

Rangers better get it together soon or we could be very disappointed this season. Fortunate to get the loser point tonight.

10 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The Rangers have looked like complete sh*t the last two games. Especially tonight they were discombobulated and lost out there. I'm worried about the direction these guys are taking.

Lafreniere looked like sh*t again. He had a chance to win the game with a one timer and looked like he wasn't ready for the pass blowing the chance. 

Kreider no showed again and Gallant punished him for it and then called him out post game which I don't mind at all.

Rangers better get it together soon or we could be very disappointed this season. Fortunate to get the loser point tonight.

Agreed. They really need to figure out who they are. Lines 3 and 4 are basically MIA right now

• Upvote 1