<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I suppose I could see someone saying that about the Browns game, but not yesterday. 

The Jets dominated the 4th quarter. Two great drives and a huge stop. No luck or divine intervention required. 

Yes, the Jets were the better team for 3 quarters of that game.  (Well, the last minute of the second quarter and the full 3rd - Steelers were better)

Otherwise, 1st ,2nd and 4th quarters - the Jets were the better team (dominant 4th quarter)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You know one of the lasting impressions I came away with in this game is the fact that unlike what the Zach haters would want us to believe, Zach's teammates love him. You had the multiple interruptions in his post game interview:

Multiple Jets players praising Zach's leadership in the post-game process.

Look to be a bit hyperbolic that 4th quarter may turn out to be one of the most pivotal in Jets history

In one quarter Zach showed that he can take the team and put it on his back.

Validated the trust and confidence the team has in him

And showed the entire team that the Browns game was not some random fluke but a result of a good resillient team that can face adversity and perform under pressure.

Even if you are still unsold on Zach two things are absolutely true: 

1. We have a very young team

2. We have the most talent on a Jets roster in literally a decade.

Aside from it being a great win, it was also fantastic for his teammates to see that he can get the job done.  And it had to be fantastic for Zach's confidence. 

Now they can rally around him and hopefully see him as the leader of the team.  I did question how much that was the case last year but this video was a very positive sign.  I've seen the team go crazy for Mike White and Joe Flacco.  Glad to see Zach getting in on the fun.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Biscuit. ?

Same play, different result.

That's something for the Jets to work on wide open in both plays.

The thing that confuses me most is why anyone thought Trubisky became a competent QB sitting for a year.

Steelers might only win 2 games this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

That's something for the Jets to work on wide open in both plays.

The thing that confuses me most is why anyone thought Trubisky became a competent QB sitting for a year.

Steelers might only win 2 games this year.

They'll win more than just 2 if not just by Tomlin's coaching