<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Just a little rusty . I know some yall are mad but idc im enjoying the win lmaoo

Seemed to have a f it mentality and play his style.  Quicker intermediate throws.  Great accuracy.

i will also say that he did a very good job avoiding pressure and throwing it away several times.  It impacted the completion % but it made a difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s another byproduct of hero ball, thinking he can always salvage the play with his athletic ability.

Nah he's just young and undisciplined.  He needs a damn QB coach. He barely played much in college. He missed several games last year and this year. His OL has been putrid 2 years in a row.  What do you expect?  He has potential and is on right track.  These are just growing pains. he did a nice job with Davis who he has good chemistry with. Really jelled with Conklin which was huge.  But they got to get MC involved more than Hall on passing downs. He has terrible hands. Some good progress on several counts.  I really don't expect them to have an 8 win season. Just want to see progress form the offense and young guys.  Hopefully they get rid of Saleh sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Being reasonable and realistic despite the issues?

If you were a dad and your family had a few years of setbacks and bad luck, youd be the big bad doosh dad when a cooler full of steaks landed via parachute in your back yard and you proceeded to complain about the excess fat and the fact that it was in a coleman cooler vs a yeti

yea thats it pretty much in a nutshell. Some of u guys are miserable and need to be euthanized for the good of humanity

counterpoint: I would have started a sustainable farm and stopped staring at the skies waiting for the periodic Magic Steak to land in my backyard like a psycho loser weirdo. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I will also say that he did a very good job avoiding pressure and throwing it away several times.  It impacted the completion % but it made a difference.

Biggest difference from Flacco honestly.  But he's still holding it too long.  I feel like Zach is never the snap-three-step-throw kinda guy. 

It's always William Wallace in Braveheart "HOLD!!! HOLD!!! HOLD!!! (Scramble, run, oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t, THROW!) with him.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Zach haters have diaper rash right now. He was Rusty for sure.  His first interception was horrible so that was in him.  The second was on Conklin.  In the 4th quarter when we needed him most he made plays…that’s what matters 

To me, it's not just the two interceptions... In the first half, he could have easily been picked off 4 times.

Oline and drops didn't help, but he needs to be a lot better at not forcing the play and escaping the pocket (scramble) if the pass isn't there. A 3 yard scramble is worth a lot more than a forced throw.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xJayce said:

So, been listening to the game on the radio, and just getting back to post... From what I've gathered so far...

1 - We're up to 6 drops (2 on Davis, 3 on GW (with 2 on back to back plays), 1 on Conklin which led to an int)
2 - ZW has been desperately trying to run up his interceptions total with 3 near picks, and 2 actual picks
3 - 2 more personal foul penalties on the D (on of which led directly to 3 points for Pitts), and no accountability for anyone
4 - None of the 3 QBs who have played today has shown much as a QB, though ZW has a receiving TD, and Pickett has a rushing TD.
5 - Our fourth OT has been injured and carted off the field (looking forward to all the JD haters posting on JD selecting a player that has no injury history, and how that was obviously a sign that he would be injured). We now have three guards playing on the Oline, and this still appears to be better than any other Oline play we've seen this season.
6 - Zack has had maybe 3 completions since the end of the first quarter.
7 - Rushing has been feast or famine, with a few nice runs, but a lot under 2 yards
8 - A lot of routes on third downs are short of the first down marker for some reason...

Overall, the Jets have shot themselves in the feet so often that at this point there's nothing left below the knees.

Did I miss anything?

Him driving the team down the field twice to win?  

That's a pretty big miss.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, xJayce said:

To me, it's not just the two interceptions... In the first half, he could have easily been picked off 4 times.

Oline and drops didn't help, but he needs to be a lot better at not forcing the play and escaping the pocket (scramble) if the pass isn't there. A 3 yard scramble is worth a lot more than a forced throw.

Sure but again he has missed a lot of time and trying to gel with a lot of new guys in offense and with no tackles.  Made some poor choices but when we needed him to be really good he was that’s progress

• Upvote 2

One thing to take away is his resiliency. He didn't crumble and kept firing. Being able to be clutch, rally your team, and play great when it matters the most is huge. 

Still terribly inconsistent but if he keeps improving oh boy we're in business. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wilson made lots of clutch throws in the 4th quarter. It was a good sign. I think he finished 11/16. And he didnt bail on pockets today as much as he has in the past. I hope he continues to grow.

I think one aspect of that is that LaFleur can't try and protect him ni the 4th quarter - he has to be allowed to play his game instead of fitting into the mold they want him to fit in... 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Him driving the team down the field twice to win?  

That's a pretty big miss.

That was in the 4th quarter... ;) My recap was at the beginning of the 3rd.

By there very nature, recaps should not speculate on things that have not happened yet. 

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Sure but again he has missed a lot of time and trying to gel with a lot of new guys in offense and with no tackles.  Made some poor choices but when we needed him to be really good he was that’s progress

Agreed.

I just don't want to be an apologist and paint a rosy picture.

If we can get more ZW from the 4th quarter, and less ZW from quarters 2 and 3, this will be a good season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xJayce said:

Agreed.

If we can get more ZW from the 4th quarter, and less ZW from quarters 2 and 3, this will be a good season.

Why would you be considered an apologist?  Nobody was saying he was perfect.  In fact most said he was going to be rusty and he was.  But it’s ok to be happy that in crunch time he was great and we won.  That’s what fans have been wanting for a long time.  If that’s being an apologist then this is truly the Twilight Zone lol

1 minute ago, xJayce said:

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when Garrett Wilson looked like a superstar the first 3 weeks of the season?

Didn't take long for the fans here to turn on him, lol.  Wonder what's different....

Like his busted assed ribs that the brain dead won’t consider and just want to blame on the QB.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

It obviously isn't great but the line is terrible and it's his first game. But this thing where he turns his back on the line of scrimmage and does double moves when he's bailing out of the pocket, ay caramba. 

I don’t know if this is a generational thing with kids wanting to be the next Mahomes or what, but Fields runs into two sacks a week doing exactly this

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because a pass is catchable doesn't automatically mean it was a good decision or good throw.

Even if you want to blame that 100 % on Conklin, explain to me how Wilson is having anything but a dogsh*t performance today?

These gameday posts read EXACTLY like the Sam Darnold game threads did for 3 years.

Dude stop, how many wrong comments can one person put up in a game thread.  

• Upvote 2