<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

10 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I would agree with that it a lot of ways. All too often on this site fans jump back and forth so that they can pick whichever fits their narrative. And while they are free to do that and you are free to not be objective, fans who are quick to adjust their approach to fit their narrative makes this site unreadable IMO. Again, not saying you but....

This site has gone crazy about the stats are so important, unless they are done by a Jet QB in the 4th quarter - every QB in the league, especially Mac Jones IMO make hay in garbage time, but fans have called out garbage time stats in the two games that the Jets won. This is just - look - the player sucks, the coach sucks, I was right with no objectivity.

Even after a win, you read the site without knowing the score and you couldn't tell in some of the threads that we actually won. Reading the game thread in the 4th and you would think we were down by 35 points..

As smarter people than I have said: "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics". You can make the numbers say whatever you want with enough creativity and effort.

That's why I tend to err on the side of context. Having a QB Rating of 100 in garbage time vs a QB Rating of 30 when you're up by 2 points is in the 4th quarter, again, very different.

My narratives tend to not always be stat driven, but I think they help tell a story. But if you're a good story teller, you may be able to take a the same stats and tell a different story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s your choice but pretty much everyone else does.  ZW hasn’t played a whole season yet.  
Im just glad he balled out when he had to and gives hope that he’s growing

Pretty much everyone else is a reactionary when it comes to sports. I'm intensely objective until such time as the Jets have earned back my emotional investment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Pretty much everyone else is a reactionary when it comes to sports. I'm intensely objective until such time as the Jets have earned back my emotional investment.

I get it

But early when it was asked what we wanted for the season and I said play competitive football.  Win or lose that’s what they gave us today.  
For all the talk about what we did wrong, a catch by Conklin instead a tip to set up a TD from inside the 5 and we give up 13 and don’t need the last TD.  Not complaining

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Would love to see what a clean game, penalty wise, would look like. 

Back to back games where things start out and then a big penalty changes the momentum of the game. Stop hitting the fn QB late!!

Don’t think it was late.  Think they called the laying weight on him nonsense 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Well next weeks game against the fish will have some juice to it.

been awhile since I could say that

Tua will be out next week, good chance Pats will be on the QB3 week after that. Schedule could not line up more favorably. Need to win these games.

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It really is kinda of crazy the tale of two Zach’s today.  His first 3 drives and last two drives he was 14/18 for 180 yards and a TD.  His 5 drives in between that? 4/18 with Two picks.  Yikes.

The thing I found kind of interesting is that for the most part, his “good” was largely when going to guys he played with last year.

When targeting Davis, Moore, Berrios and Carter he was 11/15 for 147 yards and TD.

When targeting “new guys” Conklin, Wilson and Hall he was 7 for 17 for 105 yards and a pick six.  The other pick was on the target to Smith on a terrible decision and throw.

That does give me a bit of hope that once he builds up a comfort level with the new guys, we will really see a leap.  He’s had very little time to gel with those guys.  Just very interesting how poor his stats were targeting them.  Might mean nothing  though.

“Pick 6” hit the player in both hands should be an easy catch and please spare me that the throw was “high” Conklin is a professional TE and needs to be able to jump 6 inches in the air and make that catch 1000/1000 times 

watch every throw from today and you won’t find long stretches of bad play, but you will see Wilson running for his life a few times  

https://youtu.be/ivmN1XK_aZw

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Would love to see what a clean game, penalty wise, would look like. 

Back to back games where things start out and then a big penalty changes the momentum of the game. Stop hitting the fn QB late!!

I may be in the minority here, but I thought that call was incredibly soft.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

“Pick 6” hit the player in both hands should be an easy catch and please spare me that the throw was “high” Conklin is a professional TE and needs to be able to jump 6 inches in the air and make that catch 1000/1000 times 
watch every throw from today and you won’t find long stretches of bad play, but you will see Wilson running for his life a few times  

Conklin .. to his credit ... had some extremely clutch catches too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Had a premonition that the Jets lose a tight game 24-20. Zach finishes 17 of 32 for 188 yards, no TDs, no INTs. The highlight being Zach going 5-6 for 63 yards on the final drive (capped by an eight-yard Breece Hall TD run) to pull the Jets within four. 

So close.

• Haha 1