What happens to Justin Miller?

4HCrew

I agree. Both will be there for Kick Returns.

Dwight probably gets the punt reyurn job though, for now.

and I am fine with that...Miller seems a bit shaky fielding punts so far...but when he has time to see the field, like on KO's, he is a factor...he just needs to cradle the ball a little better....ok A LOT BETTER..

If Miller is going to be relied on more on the defensive side, it only makes sense that you want to lessen his risks on the return side. Plus, the Jets get a big play guy for their offense. All of their receivers were similar as far as speed and quickness prior to this move.

If Miller is going to be relied on more on the defensive side, it only makes sense that you want to lessen his risks on the return side. Plus, the Jets get a big play guy for their offense. All of their receivers were similar as far as speed and quickness prior to this move.

Dwight not only has great straight line speed, but he has tremendous speed off of cuts. Something the Jets don't seem to have a lot of right now, an something Wayne Chrebet excelled at early in his career.

Dwight is actually a very good receiver for a Pennington type-Throw the ball to a spot and need the WR to be there.

All that being said, he is just a cmpliment to the offense, albeit a decent one.

Dwight was a key chip in the Michael Vick trade up for the Falcons and SD deal

If Mangini had any sense with all the cap room he'd cut Miller tomorrow and cut the Jets losses on another awful Bradway athlete over player draft pick. Miller wasn't good enough in college to make first or second team all conference. He's awful. Want proof? He's dead last in the entire NFL in making plays where it counts.

Defensive Playmaker ratings of the entire NFL:

http://www.twominutewarning.com/d05rtg.htm

and I am fine with that...Miller seems a bit shaky fielding punts so far...but when he has time to see the field, like on KO's, he is a factor...he just needs to cradle the ball a little better....ok A LOT BETTER..

Dwight did not muff one punt the entire season last year.

How many did Miller mishandle?:eek:

If Mangini had any sense with all the cap room he'd cut Miller tomorrow and cut the Jets losses on another awful Bradway athlete over player draft pick. Miller wasn't good enough in college to make first or second team all conference. He's awful. Want proof? He's dead last in the entire NFL in making plays where it counts.

Defensive Playmaker ratings of the entire NFL:

http://www.twominutewarning.com/d05rtg.htm

Are you still pimping that dumb ass site after it's credibilty has been repeatedly shot down in flames? Amoung the many adjectives I would use to describe you, one of the only unbannable ones is that you are persistant.

Miller might still get some KO returns, but he just can't catch punts. In TC last year, he dropped about half of the punts he tried to catch, but Edwards put him back there anyway...... another of the many reasons I think Edwards is an idiot.

As a CB, Miller has pro bowl potential. He was just as responsible for shutting down Steve Smith last year as Law was. I'd prefer not to "Seahorn" him.

isn't that what I said?

hey Tx, reading comprehension 101, buddy

Well, I for one get very nervous with Miller back there catching PUnts. I think Dwight will return punts, and miller will be the main guy back ther to return kicks, cause he's a great kick returner for sure.

I havent seen much discussion on our underachieving secondary.

I'm of the opinion that we have enough semi-raw talent there(Miller,Rhodes, Strait, and, yes, even Barrett) that a very good secondary coach, like Mangini, could coach 'em up to be a very good unit. Draft and FA acquisitions for the front seven would improve the defense even further.

It would be asking alot to expect a dramatic turnaround, but it's really not that far fetched if look at it like that.

I havent seen much discussion on our underachieving secondary.

I'm of the opinion that we have enough semi-raw talent there(Miller,Rhodes, Strait, and, yes, even Barrett) that a very good secondary coach, like Mangini, could coach 'em up to be a very good unit. Draft and FA acquisitions for the front seven would improve the defense even further.

It would be asking alot to expect a dramatic turnaround, but it's really not that far fetched if look at it like that.

Mangini had a LB and WR playing in his secondary.:eek:

I look for the Jets secondary to be dramatically improved, even if they don't have any additions.

I look for the Jets secondary to be dramatically improved, even if they don't have any additions.

What's up, TX!!! Still getting under the skin of the masses, I've noticed.

I agree..the secondary should see an improvement regardless of additions. I wonder if there is any chance Ty Law returns? If his asking price drops, we have the money.

Just goes to show you how Lame Hermie was..A ex DB and that was the weakest part of the Team!!:eek:

What's the story with Dyson? I heard we were looking at him....

I heard the same thing. Compared to other FA CB's (namely Woodson,and Law) where does he stand in the $$$ demands/talent ratio?

Do we need one of these FA CB's, or do we trust Mangini with Strait/Miller?

Archived