Jason@OTC: Brilliant Breakdown of Trade Implications From GB & Jets Perspective

1 hour ago, doitny said:

we were a half away from a SB with Sanchez, Carr is much better than he was. 7 -10 with Zach and White and Carr is much better. we would be much better than Mediocre. 

yes Rodgers is better but you have to see after hes gone were done. 

you think this was JDs plan? we still got a ton of holes. were not a QB away from a SB. 

i think JD would have preferred Carr. you get about 10 wins and playoffs a year. keep all your draft picks that we desperately need. and we could draft his replacement whenever we wanted. right now we are not drafting a QB in Rodgers 2 years. our next QB will be drafted in 2025 and since we should be picking late we probably have to trade GW or Sause to move up to get a QB.

dont get me wrong, these next 2 years are going to be fun. but thats it. 2 years and done. i dont think that was JDs plan. 

Woody was the architect of this. and in another week or 2 he will force JD to give GB the #1 pick they want. no way Woody allows the 13th pick to get in the way of Rodgers.

F-Woody

16 hours ago, FootballLove said:

So Green Bay is in the drivers seat IF Joe Douglas is in a hurry.

But if Joe feels confident Aaron will be here come September, then he regains the advantage because Joe can just sit tight and twiddle his thumbs. Packers will probably change their tune as the 2023 draft draws neigh. 

edit: what AR can do to help the situation is inform GB he plans on returning and getting paaaaid if the Jets deal falls apart.

Douglas gave GB his offer and secured an agreement with Rodgers to be the starting Qb for the NY Jets. From what I’ve read, the parameters of a deal were agreed upon prior to the Jets being granted permission to speak with Rodgers. Douglas did everything he had to do.

Now, GB seems to have moved the goalposts and we are at a standstill.

JD sitting tight on his offer and has moved onto FA and the draft. He signed several in-house FA, scored one of the best FA receivers, traded for a starting Safety and grabbed a couple of depth pieces for the OL.

JD now is preparing for the Draft and our 13th pick. The Rodgers contract time bomb ? is in GB court. They’re staring at this time bomb everyday and hoping JD will drop everything and pay them a heavy price to remove the bomb. Everyday is one step closer to detonation and destruction. JD made his best offer and will wait for GB.

In the meantime, Aaron Rodgers is putting up roadblocks allowing no other team to remove the time bomb… only the Jets. What can GB do? Simultaneously, the sports media and a handful of Jets fans are ratcheting up the “Jets blew the deal” or “JD overplayed his hand” nonsense, trying to paint the organization as a clown show. Unfortunately for them, their rantings fall on deaf ears at 1JD. 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Douglas gave GB his offer and secured an agreement with Rodgers to be the starting Qb for the NY Jets. From what I’ve read, the parameters of a deal were agreed upon prior to the Jets being granted permission to speak with Rodgers. Douglas did everything he had to do.
JD sitting tight on his offer and has moved onto FA and the draft. He signed several in-house FA, scored one of the best FA receivers, traded for a starting Safety and grabbed a couple of depth pieces for the OL.
JD now is preparing for the Draft and our 13th pick. The Rodgers contract time bomb is in GB court. They’re staring at this time bomb everyday and hoping JD will drop everything and pay them a heavy price to remove the bomb. Everyday is one step closer to detonation and destruction. JD made his best offer and will wait for GB.
In the meantime, Aaron Rodgers is putting up roadblocks allowing no other team to remove the time bomb… only the Jets. What can GB do? Simultaneously, the sports media and a handful of Jets fans are ratcheting up the “Jets blew the deal” or “JD overplayed his hand” nonsense, trying to paint the organization as a clown show. Unfortunately for them, their rankings fall on deaf ears at 1JD. 

This. JDs superpower is patience... It's uncanny fleece them and make them like it.

And get Matt Stafford on speed dial please.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

While I applaud JD for seemingly holding his ground here, I also dont see why we havent made any other moves.

1.  Gardner Minshew signed for 1 year at $3.5 million in Indy to mentor whoever they draft at 4, knowing that he wont be their QB in 2024.  We couldnt have signed him to the same deal to backup Rogers and possibly be our starter in 2024?  Are we really going into this season with zach as the backup to a 39 year old?

2.  We lost Herbig and have no center.  Wes Schweitzer has a bad injury history and is not really a starting caliber player.  How are we going to address center?

3. We lost rankins and shephard. Neither player is great, but we need some amount of DT depth.

I hope he has some moves left but I dont see who is still available

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

While I applaud JD for seemingly holding his ground here, I also dont see why we havent made any other moves.

1.  Gardner Minshew signed for 1 year at $3.5 million in Indy to mentor whoever they draft at 4, knowing that he wont be their QB in 2024.  We couldnt have signed him to the same deal to backup Rogers and possibly be our starter in 2024?  Are we really going into this season with zach as the backup to a 39 year old?

2.  We lost Herbig and have no center.  Wes Schweitzer has a bad injury history and is not really a starting caliber player.  How are we going to address center?

3. We lost rankins and shephard. Neither player is great, but we need some amount of DT depth.

I hope he has some moves left but I dont see who is still available

1. Zach Wilson rebuild will happen under the tutelage of Aaron Rodgers and Hackett. No deviation from this plan will be acceptable.

2. Herbig…. Really? Next topic.

3. We are 54 hours into FA with the draft less than 6 weeks away. Veteran cap casualty’s will happen after the draft and into the summer. We will have everything we’re supposed to have by the start of OTA’s

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

JD now is preparing for the Draft and our 13th pick. The Rodgers contract time bomb ? is in GB court. They’re staring at this time bomb everyday and hoping JD will drop everything and pay them a heavy price to remove the bomb. Everyday is one step closer to detonation and destruction. JD made his best offer and will wait for GB.

In the meantime, Aaron Rodgers is putting up roadblocks allowing no other team to remove the time bomb… only the Jets. What can GB do? Simultaneously, the sports media and a handful of Jets fans are ratcheting up the “Jets blew the deal” or “JD overplayed his hand” nonsense, trying to paint the organization as a clown show. Unfortunately for them, their rantings fall on deaf ears at 1JD. 

Yeah. All good stuff. I've heard a lot of talking head giving Joe Douglas grief for not getting an iron clad agreement with GB before approaching Aaron. To me, it's six of one, half dozen of the other. If JD had gotten an agreement with GB before talking to Aaron, and then Aaron starts his yearly "I need more time to decide what I want to do", these same talking heads would be like "Why didn't JD talk to Aaron BEFORE getting in bed with GB??? Aaron deciding if he wants to play is a much bigger question than what draft pick GB will want in trade".

Either way, Joe D was going to get criticized....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GTB999 said:

GB is likely looking for a 1st in 2023, a player and a conditional 2nd or 3rd in 2024 if Rodgers plays 2 years.  If the player is Davis then that helps the Jets salary cap and he is redundant with the Lazard signing.

I think the Jets should take this deal and everyone should move on with there lives.

Is the 13th pick in the draft gong to make the Jets SB contenders?  No.  Does Rodgers make the Jets SB contenders?  Yes

What are the Jets options if GB won't budge and no trade happens:

1.  Lamar Jackson:  Not an option.  The Jets don't have enough cap room to make Jackson an offer that the Ravens won't match in 2 seconds.  If they do put something together, they are just doing the work for the Ravens.

2. Stafford:  Coming off an injury.  Better than Wilson.  Won't make the Jets superbowl contenders.  Will probably cost a 2 or 3

3. Wilson:  Not a real option.  Will cost FO their jobs if he is starter

4. 2023 Draft.  Would have to trade up to 3rd pick in draft to get one of the top guys.  Going rate based on the Trey Lance trade is 3 firsts.  Then you have a rookie QB who will need a few years before you are contenders.  And this is no sure thing, see Wilson

What are GB options if Jets won't meet their asking price:

1.  Rodgers contract is already baked into their cap.  No financial pressure until 60 million bonus needs to be paid by 1st game of the season.  They have time to wait.  

2. Wait and see if another team loses QB to injury and trade Rodgers later in the year.

3.  Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause.  They could trade him to the Texans for a conditional picks.  His only option would be to retire or play.  This is not an option as he said he wants to play this year.  If he does retire, it doesn't affect GB cap as it is already accounted for.

Rodgers is the Jets best and only option for a SB over the next few years.  JD should pull the trigger even if it costs a 1.  No one in the 2023 draft will improve the team as much as Rodgers.  

If not, it may be years before the team is in contention for a SB.

I love when fans of opposing teams come on the board and try to sell their ideas on what the Jets should do to help their team!!

Great 1st post! 

Now take a hike!

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, mudcat22 said:

GB should be giving us a draft pick to take Rodgers just to get them out of his contract.  Getting Rodgers will put Jets in cap hell 3-4 years from now.

Yup...and probably why Joe Douglas is holding onto his draft picks...we'll need a ton of players on rookie deals just to survive down the road.....and to replace some of our own stars we won't be able to keep