Mike Tomlin comments on Patriots’ sneaky draft move

On 5/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, slimjasi said:

JSN projects as a slot, he doesn’t necessarily replace Corey Davis. 

I’d say we have a middle of the pack WR group, but out of curiosity, 14th according to whom? 

That was the quoted rank on an article about why Hopkins would be a difference maker.  Never checked it.  Seemed reasonable.

Njigba is 6'1" and 200 pounds.  I think Wilson and Njigba on the outside would have been unstoppable.  Lazard is the big receiver and a solid blocker.  I remember Dan Marino did pretty well with Clayton and Duper.  They were both 5'9" and maybe 180.

41 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

That was the quoted rank on an article about why Hopkins would be a difference maker.  Never checked it.  Seemed reasonable.

Njigba is 6'1" and 200 pounds.  I think Wilson and Njigba on the outside would have been unstoppable.  Lazard is the big receiver and a solid blocker.  I remember Dan Marino did pretty well with Clayton and Duper.  They were both 5'9" and maybe 180.

It's not just height/size but I think the combo of not being particularly fast, tall, or gifted with major hops. Most scouts I heard talking about him had him as a starting slot in the NFL. That doesn't mean they are right, of course.