..starting OT's spoken 4 ?

jtomm

7 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

What makes you think that Becton wasn't committed to his rehab? 

Seriously? He gained 50 pounds.

Everything I read and saw said that he had worked hard at his rehab.  Then news came out this year that Becton had told them in TC last year that his knee was still sore,

Gee I wonder why. It’s a weight bearing joint. See above.

and they told him to get back out there, and that's when he got hurt again.  At that point in time, it was only a one-year layoff.  He hired a nutritionist last year and began changing his eating habits.

Ok so when contract year was coming he finally figured holy crap I better get serious.

He had always played at a big size and never dealt with a major injury before.

Yeah, well he got injured — no shame — but the weight gain is on him.

over the course of the last year, he realized that he needed to make changes, to lose weight, and evidently to get better advice and training from a new trainer and a new agent.

Yes, like I said he didn’t take it seriously until the money was in immediate jeopardy. He did the same thing before the draft — massive crash diet. He’s a guy who has a small horizon for consequences. If it’s not imminent, he doesn’t act. Which is why I would never offer him a long term deal absent several consecutive years of sustained effort.

It's been two years now, but by all accounts, he is in fantastic shape and lost around 50 pounds.

Yeah, see all the above. 

11 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

That's your loss.  You'll look pretty foolish if/when he turns things around and starts playing like the #2 pick in the draft.  It may not happen at this point, but I wouldn't bet against him. He is a hard worker, has the right mindset, and is in a situation now where it could definitely happen.

If/when? What confidence! 😂 

I’ll bet you any amount you’re comfortable with he doesn’t turn it around. Charity bet?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

That's your loss.  You'll look pretty foolish if/when he turns things around and starts playing like the #2 pick in the draft.  It may not happen at this point, but I wouldn't bet against him. He is a hard worker, has the right mindset, and is in a situation now where it could definitely happen.

ill take that risk lol 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Seriously? He gained 50 pounds.

Gee I wonder why. It’s a weight bearing joint. See above.

Ok so when contract year was coming he finally figured holy crap I better get serious.

Yeah, well he got injured — no shame — but the weight gain is in him.

Yes, like I said he didn’t take it seriously until the money was in immediate jeopardy. He did the same thing before the draft — massive crash diet. He’s a guy who has a small horizon for consequences. If it’s not imminent, he doesn’t act. Which is why I would never offer him a long term deal absent several consecutive years of sustained effort.

Yeah, see all the above. 

I agree that the weight gain is on him.  He grew up eating a lot. His family is huge (in size, not in numbers).  I don't recall his doing a crash diet before the draft.

I've never read or seen anything that suggests he wasn't serious until the money was in jeopardy.  That's a very cynical take imo.  He worked hard, was strong, and probably mistakenly thought he could handle playing at a bigger weight.  People who have eating disorders struggle with their weight and change doesn't happen overnight.  He probably got depressed when he suffered the initial knee injury and then ate out of depression when he was in recovery and couldn't work out.  IMO that's just being an immature kid and not knowing what it takes to succeed in the NFL, but hey, you could be right, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If/when? What confidence! 😂 

I’ll bet you any amount you’re comfortable with he doesn’t turn it around. Charity bet?

I'm not a gambler and don't bet, but I know that fans/posters like you who think they know everything and their mind is certain and closed about players or aspects, often are proven wrong.  I've seen it on Jets fan sites for over 20 years.

3 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I'm not a gambler and don't bet,

The wallet is always smarter than the mouth.

3 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

but I know that fans/posters like you who think they know everything and their mind is certain and closed about players or aspects, often are proven wrong.  I've seen it on Jets fan sites for over 20 years.

I don’t think I know everything, but I do understand odds and those odds inform my opinions.

42 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I agree that the weight gain is on him.  He grew up eating a lot. His family is huge (in size, not in numbers).  I don't recall his doing a crash diet before the draft.

Says it’s on him… then immediately blames it on his family.

I've never read or seen anything that suggests he wasn't serious until the money was in jeopardy. 

Only common sense, but hey, that’s an oxymoron these days.

That's a very cynical take imo.

No kidding. I’m a Jets fan. It’s also borne out by the application of logic to observable behaviors, but, easier to brand me a “hater” and move on.

He worked hard, was strong, and probably mistakenly thought he could handle playing at a bigger weight. 

Again, you put the weight gain on him the first sentence of your post and then spend the rest of it saying it’s not his fault.

People who have eating disorders struggle with their weight and change doesn't happen overnight.

Would you fly on a plane flown by a severely epileptic pilot? “But it is not his fault!” Becton is a pro athlete. Being in-shape is a job requirement — and the most basic one, at that. If he has an eating disorder he has my sympathy, but it impacts his ability to do his job and I would never give him more than a one-year contract until I know he was treated and had it under control. Since you can’t know what’s in a man’s brain and can only judge him by his outward behavior, I’d need several years of consecutive and sustained commitment to his fitness to even consider it.

He probably got depressed when he suffered the initial knee injury and then ate out of depression when he was in recovery and couldn't work out.  IMO that's just being an immature kid and not knowing what it takes to succeed in the NFL, but hey, you could be right, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

It feels like a month ago that I read the first sentence of this post that the “weight gain is on him.”

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Says it’s on him… then immediately blames it on his family.

Only common sense, but hey, that’s an oxymoron these days.

No kidding. I’m a Jets fan. It’s also borne out by the application of logic to observable behaviors, but, easier to brand me a “hater” and move on.

Again, you put the weight gain on him the first sentence of your post and then spend the rest of it saying it’s not his fault.

Would you fly on a plane flown by a severely epileptic pilot? “But it is not his fault!” Becton is a pro athlete. Being in-shape is a job requirement — and the most basic one, at that. If he has an eating disorder he has my sympathy, but it impacts his ability to do his job and I would never give him more than a one-year contract until I know he was treated and had it under control. Since you can’t know what’s in a man’s brain and can only judge him by his outward behavior, I’d need several years of consecutive and sustained commitment to his fitness to even consider it.

It feels like a month ago that I read the first sentence of this post that the “weight gain is on him.”

Dude, I don't know why you're trying to start an argument.  I did NOT blame it on his family.  But we are influenced by our family setting and how we were raised.  It's not totally Becton's fault that he was so big. Yes, I suppose he could have been different from the norm in his family, but how many people do you know that actually do that when they're growing up?  His eating patterns were well established. He had played at an elite level in college weighing alot.  Why should he think any different coming off an injury, since he had never had one before?  It was a learning experience for him.  In spite of that, he hired a nutritionist prior to his 2nd season because he knew that his eating habits weren't what they needed to be.

No, it's not common sense.  It's YOUR projection, which says a whole lot more about you and your cynical attitude than it does Becton.  You obviously understand nothing about human nature or yourself.  Just because you're a Jets fan, doesn't mean that you have to be cynical.  Yes, we've conditioned to be that way out of self preservation, but that was a choice we made at some point in time.  I used to be as cynical as you.  I've chosen not to be that way any more.  I try to look for the best in people and give them the benefit of the doubt.  Sorry that you have choesn to stay cynical.

I don't disagre that it's his job to stay in shape.  He failed to do that. It doesn't really matter whose fault that was.  The bottom line is that he wasn't in shape.  Where do you go from there?  Do you give up on him and cut bait, or do you work with him, give him a second chance and hope he learned his lesson and will stay in shape from now on?  I also understand and agree that he now has to prove that he can stay in shape and has his eating under control.  By all outward signs (fired his old nutritionist, agent, and trainer, hired a new nutritionist, and has worked his ass off to get into great shape) he has learned his lesson.  Now he has to prove that he can still perform at a high level on the playing field.  Obviously, he could play at an All-Pro level this season and you'd let him walk.  I'd think you were foolish for doing so.  If I were JD and Becton stays healthy and has a great season, I'd try to keep him.  I'd offer him a fair contract that has easily obtained incentives that would escalate the value of the contract if he stays healthy, in shape and continues to play at a high level.  He may not accept it, and if not, fine, but I'm not going to just give up on a player with HOF potential because he had a rough start in the NFL.  THAT is common sense.

I don't know what the laws are regarding pilots being an epileptic, but I suspect that it's illegal to ask, and if they're taking their medication, it's under control.  That's also why they have co-pilots.  We both have probably flown on planes flown by an epileptic pilot.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jgb said:

The wallet is always smarter than the mouth.

I don’t think I know everything, but I do understand odds and those odds inform my opinions.

Yes, the odds are against it/him, but you do realize that every day, every year people overcome the odds.  That's one of the things that makes sports and life so great. 

21 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Dude, I don't know why you're trying to start an argument. 

It was a discussion, not an argument. I didn’t read the rest of the novel since it never ends well when someone takes a debate personally.

Sure I would love for us to have more reliable OTs who are healthier or younger . . . but that is pretty much a pipe dream at this point unless some miracle happens.

I hope & pray everyday that our OL stays healthy all the way through the preseason and then the regular season so they can protect AR which will allow him to get us to the postseason promised land.

Just my opinion but I think Alijah Vera-Tucker will be our starting RT when the season starts.  It will be easier to plug one of our average players inside at guard than RT.  I think JD has done a poor job improving the OL.  He went quantity instead of quality.  Put alot of chips on thinking Becton would become a player.

13 minutes ago, mudcat22 said:

Just my opinion but I think Alijah Vera-Tucker will be our starting RT when the season starts.  It will be easier to plug one of our average players inside at guard than RT.  I think JD has done a poor job improving the OL.  He went quantity instead of quality.  Put alot of chips on thinking Becton would become a player.

Actually if you look at Thorns almanac the jets line is experienced, big and athletic.  

Jets offensive line still trying to find footing a week into training camp

By Antwan Staley - Jul 26, 2023

As the team entered training camp, the Jets’ offensive line was a looming concern.

A week into practices, they’re still significant concerns with Gang Green’s O-Line it still needs to settle on five starters.Not only that, the Jets’ offensive line has had its issues as they were beaten off the snap on more than a few plays during Wednesday’s practice, which was Day 6 of training camp.

“Yesterday, I thought our O-Line was fantastic,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “Physical, delivered the first blow the entire day, I thought the offense dictated. I think it flipped today.“It’s going to be a back-and-forth battle. I feel like we have one of the deeper defensive lines, I love our D-Line. Our O-Line is getting tested and our D-Line is getting tested because they’re all fighting for a position, so you’re getting everything they got too.

“It’s a really cool battle, it doesn’t showtime because it’s not on camera and you really can’t see it. There’s a lot of grit and strain on what’s going on in the trenchers.”One person that will significantly help the Jets’ offensive line is Duane Brown, who is on the PUP [physically unable to perform] list. Brown missed the first few days of camp due to a personal matter. When he returned on Saturday, he was working out with individual trainers on the side.

In his place, the Jets have rotated Billy Turner and Max Mitchell between two tackle spots. On Wednesday, Turner played right tackle while Mitchell was at left tackle. Both players had a rough time trying to contain the pass rush, as the defensive line was impressive against both the run and the pass.“I feel good about the guys in the interior,” Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “Obviously, there’s some competition with the guys at the tackles. Duane is not out there, which is going to make a difference for us.

“I don’t know if we have a timetable on when we need everybody, but it would be nice to get everybody back at some point. Duane’s a warrior, he doesn’t necessarily need a lot of practice, he definitely didn’t need to be 100% to play. I know he’s ready to get back out there at some point.”

Mekhi Becton was supposed to compete for one of the starting tackle spots, but he has struggled to return from an avulsion fracture of his right kneecap last August, ending his season during training camp. On Tuesday, Becton was beaten by Carl Lawson and Will McDonald during 11-on-11 drills.After he allowed a sack on pressure from McDonald, Becton was replaced by rookie Carter Warren on the Jets’ second-team offensive line. Becton did not practice with the rest of the team on Wednesday morning as Saleh told reporters, “knee wasn’t up for it.”

Since being drafted in 2020, Becton has had an injury plaque career. After playing in 14 games and starting 13 as a rookie, Becton suffered a right knee injury in the season-opener against the Panthers and missed the rest of the year.To help with his knee issues, Becton lost over 50 pounds this offseason as he reportedly weighed more than 400 pounds last year.“We all are trying to pace it, trying to get him back up to full speed where he can play an entire game,” Saleh said. “So, we are just working with him, the doctors, the training staff, the coaches, just trying to do the best we can to try and get him ready to play a full football game.”

Jets wide receiver Allen Lazard missed his second consecutive practice due to muscle tightness. Gang Green did have one of its pass catchers return as tight end C.J. Uzomah practiced for the first time with the rest of the team during training camp. Uzomah began training camp on the PUP list.Defensive end John Franklin-Myers left practice with a trainer, but he later returned to the sideline.“He’s just dealing with some groin tightness,” Saleh said. “Zuff [David Zuffelato] pulled him, so he didn’t pull himself.

“He suffered it during one on ones and then got through the first part of practice and then Zuff pulled him, so I don’t think it’s bad. Might cost him a couple of days, but it’s nothing serious.”

>>  https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-offensive-line-training-camp-robert-saleh-aaron-rodgers-20230726-oulzmb5gfncefbashb3umgz7gy-story.html

Big questions facing Jets O-line in front of Aaron Rodgers | Time to worry?

• Updated: Aug. 01, 2023, 7:46 a.m.

Inconsistent quarterback play doomed the Jets in 2022, as they squandered a top-five season from their defense because they couldn’t find the end zone, or keep the ball moving, consistently enough on offense.The Jets found a pretty good fix for that problem when they traded for future-hall-of-famer Aaron Rodgers back in April. But the Jets took a far less flashy approach in dealing with their other big offensive question mark: finding a way to protect their soon-to-be 40-year-old quarterback.

The Jets are better and deeper on the o-line than they were a year ago, but they also have key players returning from significant injuries and multiple positions still up for grabs.And after the first two weeks of training camp were dominated by the defensive line, the Jets’ protection is still a legit question mark.Rodgers is confident things will work themselves out in the coming weeks, as starting jobs are determined and last year’s starting left tackle Duane Brown expected to be ready for Week 1.

“I feel pretty good about the guys in the interior,” Rodgers said. “There is obviously some competition for the tackles. Duane’s not out there, which is going to make a difference for us. I don’t know if we have a timetable on when we will need everybody, but it would be nice to get everybody back at some point.”

Saleh has been quick to praise the offensive line, but even he acknowledges there is work to be done.“They’re playing with a lot of grit, a lot of fight,” Saleh said after Sunday’s practice. “So just at this moment, very pleased with where the offensive line is, still a long way to go, but love the way they’ve been playing.”Let’s take a closer look at where things stand and how the Jets will figure out their line in the coming weeks.

Time to worry?

The Jets hold their 10th training camp practice Tuesday, which would usually be around the time to start deciding on starters at key positions – including the offensive line, which remains one of the Jets’ key question marks heading into this pivotal season.But don’t forget, they also started a week early to get ready for Thursday night’s Hall of Fame Game against the Browns.

They still have 41 days between now and the Sept. 11, season-opener against the Bills – so even if they wait until next week to get their projected starting offensive line out there for the first time, they’ll still have plenty of time and opportunity to get ready: nine training camp practices, including four joint practices (two at the Panthers on Aug. 9 and 10, and two vs. the Bucs on Aug. 16 and 17), three preseason games and two full weeks of regular season practice.

That’s not to diminish what should be legitimate concerns, because there’s no guarantee all of this will get resolved over the next six weeks. But it’s still too early to panic.

Breaking down the battles

Camp started with two jobs definitely up for grabs (center and right tackle) and another potentially on the table (left tackle) depending on Duane Brown’s recovery from his offseason shoulder surgery – Saleh expects Brown to be ready by Week 1 and has made it clear that he’s a heavy favorite to be the starter.

So that leaves center and right tackle as the true training camp battles, with three players going after the center job (Connor McGovern, Wes Schweitzer and Joe Tippmann) and three in the mix at right tackle: Max Mitchell, Billy Turner and Mekhi Becton.The first eight practices featured the same five offensive linemen blocking for Rodgers and the starters: Mitchell and Turner at the tackles (Mitchell started the first week of camp on the left side but they switched sides at the end of last week), Laken Tomlinson at left guard, Alijah Vera-Tucker at right guard and McGovern at center.But Monday, we saw our first big change: Wes Schweitzer, who had been working with the backups, went through practice with Rodgers and the first teamers during Monday’s 11-on-11 drills.

Meanwhile, Becton has been working at left tackle with the second-team offense (we haven’t seen him practice with the starters yet), and second-round pick Joe Tippmann has been getting third-team reps at center behind McGovern and Schweitzer.

Why no first-team reps for Becton?

Becton’s progress has not been linear throughout the first two weeks of camp – after the Jets’ first padded practice last week, Becton was held out of a practice and was limited in another because of his surgically repaired knee. But the needle is pointing up after Becton practiced on back-to-back days in pads for the first time since last August’s season-ending knee injury in camp.

Still, many fans are writing off Becton because he hasn’t been on the field every play and he’s not practicing with the starters – making him a longshot to win the starting job.But none of this should be surprising. The man hasn’t played a full football game in more than two years. He has always been a long shot to win a starting job this season.

Did people expect him to show up, play every snap, and be the same guy he was as a rookie?

He needs to build confidence in his knee, he needs time and reps to rebuild his football endurance, all while learning a new offense and getting used to a version of himself that is significantly lighter.“Mekhi’s had back-to-back really good practices and he’s been able to finish all the way through and he’s getting stronger on that knee,” Saleh said. “And I think he’s getting more confidence in it. The big thing for him is rather than rush to be a first teamer, let’s rush to see us get through a game and just have that ability to get through a game or a practice or a week.”

I don’t always agree with Saleh, but he’s absolutely right on this one. The most important thing right now is for Becton to build trust in his body. And that’s why it makes sense for the Jets to keep him at left tackle, where he’s clearly more comfortable, than have him compete at right tackle before he’s ready.

Yes, he’s had a hard time trying to block rookie first-round pick Will McDonald early in camp. But every rep he gets through healthy is a reason to believe he can stay out there and improve and get back to the level he was at. Perhaps a few weeks from now, Becton will have shown enough to compete for a job. But for now, the Jets are doing the only thing that makes sense with Becton: taking it slow.

“He’s definitely getting stronger,” Saleh said. “We’ve got a long way to go with Mekhi, but he’s taking the right steps.”

Wasn’t Joe Tippmann supposed to be ready Year 1? What happened?

When the Jets drafted Joe Tippmann in the second round out of Wisconsin, many thought he would be the starter or at least make a big push for that role as a rookie. But with Tippmann unable to get reps with the offensive backups, let alone the starters, it’s now clear that the job is McGovern’s to lose.

Especially after Saleh said this Monday when asked if Tippmann would get an opportunity with the starters.“We will see,” Saleh said. “He has to earn it. But we definitely have to see if he can hold up in there.”

It sure doesn’t sound like we’re going to see that this summer. Of course, this has led some to conclude that Tippmann is not what the Jets thought they were getting in the second round.

We’ll have to wait and see when he does get on the field. But this is probably more about Rodgers wanting a proven veteran as his center than anything else. And while some will view this as a Tippmann falling short of expectations, it’s probably the best thing for the team and for the rookie. He gets time to learn up close from one of the smartest quarterbacks in NFL history, and he gets to go through some of those growing pains away from the spotlight without it hurting his team. Tippmann seems to be looking at it that way.

“I didn’t expect to come in and just people respect me,” Tippmann said. “You’ve got to earn respect. So, I just focus on my day-to-day. I can’t just focus on the big picture. Just kind of got to work day-to-day and whatever happens, happens.”And if he makes the most of this opportunity it could give him huge advantage when his number is called.to think of, so there is definitely a learning curve.

WHEN WILL DUANE BROWN RETURN?

After playing 12 games last season with a torn rotator cuff, Brown missed all of OTAs and the first two weeks of camp as he recovers from surgery. And while he’s expected to be back for the start of the regular season, don’t be surprised if you don’t see him for another week or two.

Last year, Brown wasn’t even on the roster at this point; he signed with the Jets on Aug. 11, the day before the first preseason game, and he didn’t practice in team drill for the first time until Aug. 25.With Brown set to turn 38 at the end of the month, expect a similarly slow build-up this year. The good news, he opted against season-ending surgery after suffering the shoulder injury on a freak play in the first week of regular season practice, and PFF graded him above average as a pass blocker anyway.

The bad news? Banking on a 38-year-old left tackle staying healthy to protect the blindside of your 40-year-old quarterback comes with considerable risk.

PROJECTING WEEK 1 STARTERS

Tackle: Mitchell has outplayed Turner through the first two weeks, so we’ll give him the edge in his (right tackle) battle. If Brown isn’t back to start the season, Becton could start the year at left tackle if everything goes right between now and then, but more likely is Mitchell shifting to left tackle and Becton and Turner getting a shot on the right side (right now, Turner is the more likely option).

Center: Schweitzer has struggled throughout camp with bad snaps and that continued Monday while working with Rodgers and the first team. So we give McGovern a big edge there. Perhaps the Jets could get Tippmann into the mix, with so much time left, but there’s a reason Rodgers has been working so much with McGovern

Guard: We know Vera-Tucker (right guard) and Tomlinson (left guard) are set.

BOTTOM LINE: Could O-line turn Jets’ Rodgers dream into a nightmare?

It all comes down to this: if Alijah Vera-Tucker stays healthy, they can figure it out. If he doesn’t, watch out. The Jets learned that lesson last year when Vera-Tucker played both tackle positions and right guard (after starting at left guard his entire rookie year) to fill the Jets’ injury needs.

If Brown gets hurt, Vera-Tucker has already shown he can play either tackle position at a high level, and Schweitzer and Tippmann are both versatile enough to play guard. Ideally, Becton eventually gets to the point where he can add to that insurance – and perhaps start this season. But Vera-Tucker is the key because with his versatility and a deeper offensive line room, the Jets are much more likely to be able to give Rodgers a chance if one or two of their question marks doesn’t pan out.

>>  https://www.nj.com/jets/2023/08/big-questions-facing-jets-o-line-in-front-of-aaron-rodgers-time-to-worry.html

• 2 weeks later...

Jets' Offensive Line Questions Resurface in Carolina

Protection breaks down during 2:00 offense, battles at tackle continue

The Monday Night Football season opener is still 33 days away, but the New York Jets' starting offensive tackles are TBD.

Duane Brown hasn't been available since training camp began and Mekhi Becton is slowly progressing in the ramp-up required after a two-year absence.Neither second-year pro Max Mitchell nor veteran Billy Turner have dominated their reps as they frequently flip between the right and left sides of the offensive line.

"We got to figure out who the first five is going to be. So, a lot of guys in competition right now," said quarterback Aaron Rodgers following Wednesday's joint practice with the Carolina Panthers. "It seems like they’re switching the tackles left and right, just about daily with Max and Billy, just looking for consistency with those guys."

Brown, who turns 38 years old at the end of the month, remains on the PUP list after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery. The reliable left tackle played 12 games while battling a torn rotator cuff in 2022, but his recovery has leaked into the NFL Preseason."He needs to get some reps and some training for sure. Football shape is football shape," said head coach Robert Saleh prior to the first of two combined sessions with the Panthers. "He knows his body, he’s been doing this for a long time, and there’s no question he’ll be ready for Week 1."

Becton, who played only a handful of snaps during the Hall of Fame Game due to the field surface, was active in the competitive setting on Wednesday."Every day is important for him, every day. He’s making progress, he’s getting a lot better. He had a really good day yesterday and today’s going to strain everybody," said Saleh. "Today is going to be a good test for him, in the confidence that he has in his knee."

It apparently wasn't a great day for the offensive line, in general, at Wofford College.

"I think it could have been better," said veteran center Connor McGovern. "They [the Panthers] were firing off. They're a good team. They came out playing hard."In particular, the line's seemingly botched protections resulted in a disappointing three-and-out during two-minute work."Obviously, two-minute [offense], we gotta finish better than that. That's 100 percent on the O-line, on protection," said McGovern. "There's gonna be good things, there's gonna be bad things. The good thing is, it's practice. There's a lot of stuff we can fix and learn from."

Mitchell, who was a Week 1 fill-in starter as a rookie, and Turner, who has experience in Nathaniel Hackett's offense, appear to be taking most of the first-team reps at tackle for now, but their starting status has been far from solidified."We’ll figure it out," said Rodgers, who faced some extra heat against the Panthers due to poor blocking. "There are a few jobs up for grabs, for sure. It will be nice to see somebody [in the] next couple weeks to grab one of those."

>>  https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/jets-offensive-line-questions-resurface-in-carolina