Patriots | Team sending Seely to meet with Ohio ST kicker

Smizzy

Patriots | Team sending Seely to meet with Huston

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:13:28 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots are sending special teams coach Brad Seely to visit with Ohio State PK Josh Huston next week. "I'm excited about the opportunity to work out for Coach Seely," Huston said from Ohio State's campus. "Having the chance to possibly kick for the Patriots would be a dream come true." Huston indicated the workout is scheduled for Monday, April 10.

That is funny.

No, what would be funny is if we draft him in the 6th. round and he outkicks Nugent. That would be funny.

That would be funny, but don't get your hopes up. I'll go on record saying that Nuge will show vast improvement this year. You guys should have just kept Adam V., so you wouldn't be in this mess.

This would seriously be the greatest thing EVER.

Any word on if the Pats are looking to trade up for a workout warrior DT from Kentucky?

If the Pats waste a draft pick (7th round does not count) on a friggn' kicker, I can no longer post here.:eek:

If the Pats waste a draft pick (7th round does not count) on a friggn' kicker, I can no longer post here.:eek:

It would be pretty ironic if Pats wound up with an undrafted kicker from Ohio St as their new placekicker-I can see the new material for PatsFanTX already

huston is a good placekicker.... Perhaps has stronger leg than Nugent. Huston had two years off the team for medic reason I think... That means he is older than Nugent....

But who cares... it is a freaking placekicker and Stupid of Jets to take Nugent in 2nd round... It will haunt us forever.

Just like you have a good DT?:eek:

Your kicker is medicore at best.

1/64 on touchbacks and zero FG's over 50 yards?

Great use of a 2nd round pick.:eek:

Dewayne Robertson is a good DT when healthy.

Nugent is only a rookie and will be a great kicker for years to come in this organization. He had a solid year this year.

Face it. The Pats are on a decline theyve got nothing left.

To steal a phrase from Allen Iverson: Man, we talkin' 'bout kickers. Not quarterbacks, not offensive linemen, not linebackers, kickers. Kickers, man, kickers.

In other words, if you think the Pats are going down the drain because they lost their KICKER, you're a ****ing moron.

• 4 weeks later...
I forgot the Pats had 11 picks when I posted that.

You can have a "throw-away" pick when you have that many.

And it's not like they wasted a 2nd round pick.;)

I don't care how many picks you had...a 4th rd pick isn't a throw away. You spent a pick on a kicker ..be a man and own up,chump.

I don't care how many picks you had...a 4th rd pick isn't a throw away. You spent a pick on a kicker ..be a man and own up,chump.

Dude, did you read what I posted in the other thread as soon as the Pats took a kicker?

Let me make sure you understand, you never use a draft pick on a friggn' kicker.

Dumb move by the Pats.

Dude, did you read what I posted in the other thread as soon as the Pats took a kicker?

Let me make sure you understand, you never use a draft pick on a friggn' kicker.

Dumb move by the Pats.

Don't mind me Tx, Im just rubbing it in!

:box: Damn...the next kicker was taken in rd 6...Im pretty sure they could have gotton him in the next rd for sure. LOL

How was it a dumb move? They had two fourths. They need a kicker. They had eleven total picks. Got rid of one. BB has been on record saying that this draft class wasn't the greatest. So again, what is wrong with it? What I find comical is Jets fans getting all over the Pats for picking a kicker in the fourth round when they did it the prior year with their first overall pick. Not for nothing - but now THAT was silly. Of course, Jets fans try to find SOMETHING - anything. ;)

BTW - Adam Vinatieri was a FA from North Dakota (I think) who played in Europe for one year (I think). Yah never know.....

How was it a dumb move? They had two fourths. They need a kicker. They had eleven total picks. Got rid of one. BB has been on record saying that this draft class wasn't the greatest. So again, what is wrong with it? What I find comical is Jets fans getting all over the Pats for picking a kicker in the fourth round when they did it the prior year with their first overall pick. Not for nothing - but now THAT was silly. Of course, Jets fans try to find SOMETHING - anything. ;)

BTW - Adam Vinatieri was a FA from North Dakota (I think) who played in Europe for one year (I think). Yah never know.....

Not as funny as you sticking up for TX after an entire season of Nugent jokes. Im picking on Tx becasue he ran off at the jaw for far too long and said the Pats would be fools to waste a pick on a kicker. Im just proving that what comes out of Tx's mouth isn't always right.

Let's not forget Nugent is a much better prospect coming out that your 4th rounder was;)

What I find comical is Jets fans getting all over the Pats for picking a kicker in the fourth round when they did it the prior year with their first overall pick. Not for nothing - but now THAT was silly. Of course, Jets fans try to find SOMETHING - anything. ;)

Garb,

I think it has more to do with me bashing the Nugent pick so bad.

When I saw the Pats took a kicker, I knew I was going to be in for a long couple of weeks.:eek:

Archived