Good Aaron Rodgers Presser: Merged

KRL

echo the sentiments that Rodgers is really, really likeable and not anything like I thought he was (aloof and snobby).

however, I am growing a little concerned that his "zen" persona is not intense enough for our starting QB. He needs to hold players accountable. All of the best QBs yell at their teammates in the heat of action. Sometimes that's what needs to be done to get a teammates attention as to what they must be doing. If he's not doing that, who is? Hackett isn't that type of guy either. Even thought they are second year players, perhaps that leadership mantle will fall to Hall and Wilson. They are held in the highest respect by their teammates and have high standards. Perhaps they will be the hardasse every successful offense needs to function.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:
echo the sentiments that Rodgers is really, really likeable and not anything like I thought he was (aloof and snobby).
however, I am growing a little concerned that his "zen" persona is not intense enough for our starting QB. He needs to hold players accountable. All of the best QBs yell at their teammates in the heat of action. Sometimes that's what needs to be done to get a teammates attention as to what they must be doing. If he's not doing that, who is? Hackett isn't that type of guy either. Even thought they are second year players, perhaps that leadership mantle will fall to Hall and Wilson. They are held in the highest respect by their teammates and have high standards. Perhaps they will be the hardasse every successful offense needs to function.

We will know when adversity strikes. I don't think Arod is the type to wilt, and when he unleashes a corrective tirade... It will be that much more impactful.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

There were so many comparisons (and rightly so) with bring Rodgers in to the former acquisition of Brett Favre. There could not be a wider gap between these two players in terms of character, personality and team building character. 

The Jets offense has needed a true LEADER for so long, and it appears they may have one. Hopefully his athletic abilities hold up.

• Upvote 4

As far as coaches chewing out players who aren't putting in the effort, our roster is so packed with talent even some vets are looking over their shoulders....shear competition just to make the 53 will go a long ways in policing effort.

Some of the younger cats drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last few drafts might feel like they're a lock, but stars like Sauce and Garrett with great personalities and great work effort seems to be paying off. No one seems to be slouching or taking plays off. At least not too much where we see it.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Are you saying AR is not intense enough? I can tell you first hand, he's very much intense. He said he doesn't "snap" anymore but ehhh...he kinda does. Not in a douche way, but when a mistake happens, he's on them.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Um, it's summer camp. Do a search for "Aaron Rodgers yelling at teammates" and tell us if he seems too "zen" for the position.

'Frankly, I don't like all this conversation about next week,' said the quarterback, who finished Sunday's game with 25 of 39 for 222 yards and two touchdowns. 'I'm a firm believer in the power of words and manifestation. And we've got to check ourselves on that, because talking about that is not winning football.'

'There was a conversation about it in the locker room, and I don't like it,' he added. 'Ja's my guy, but we don't need to be talking like that.'

(Remember, Rodgers broke his thumb in the 4th quarter of that Giants game, and GB was a 9-point favorite to win that one.)

Just saying, he picks up grass/dirt and rubs it on his hands, not wildflowers he picks to distribute to everyone in the huddle.  

Note I'm just looking for stuff from this past season & stopped here. If you want to look more you can -- let alone going back further, there's LOTS more (e.g. Rodgers saying he wasn't a rah-rah guy & his teammates came out low energy in a loss when he threw 3 TDs). 

Zen, lmao.

• Upvote 3