Vikings interested in Schaub

faba

Vikings discuss trade for Falcons backup Schaub

Though the talks did not lead to formal negotiations, it was an indication the Vikings want quarterback depth.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune Last update: April 04, 2006

Matt Schaub gives new meaning to the word overrated. The man had one good game in his career, and everyone is ready to annoit him their franchise QB. He has proven nothing. Be thankful Atlanta wouldn't let the Jets get ripped off trading for him.
your right nick, thank the jet gods for that one this guy is way overated IMO P.S. this guy is not a franchise Q.b

I agree.

Lienart, Cutler and Young all have better NFL credentials than Schaub.:eek:

Actually, all things considered their credentials are not that far behind. Schaub had one good game against the Pats. Take away that game and look at his stats and you will see that he really has done nothing on the field to warrant all the attention he gets. AJ Feeley did more for PHI that Schaub has for ATL, and we all know how that worked out.

Actually, all things considered their credentials are not that far behind. Schaub had one good game against the Pats. Take away that game and look at his stats and you will see that he really has done nothing on the field to warrant all the attention he gets. AJ Feeley did more for PHI that Schaub has for ATL, and we all know how that worked out.

Booz,

I know Schaub has only had one real good NFL game.

But he has been through two training camps and two full seasons in an NFL offense.

That alone, puts him way ahead of Cutler, Leinart and Young.

Booz,

I know Schaub has only had one real good NFL game.

But he has been through two training camps and two full seasons in an NFL offense.

That alone, puts him way ahead of Cutler, Leinart and Young.

So has Brooks Bollinger. You telling me he is way ahead of Leinart/Cutler/Young?

Come on Booz, are you really comparing Bollinger to Schaub?:eek:

No, I'm saying that using NFL experience as a catalyst to support a claim that Shaub is better than Leinart/oung/Cutler is a bit ridiculous. Shaub has done nothing to warrant the hype he is receiving.

Come on Booz, are you really comparing Bollinger to Schaub?:eek:
No comparison......Bollinger was and is better than Schaub. Hell, for that matter he's better than Vick too. Why this guy has to be bad in order for some folks to eat breakfast is beyond me. Part of the "Bitskrieg"? Any QB with game time is better than any QB in the draft, period.

So you're telling me that We should not think about taking a QB because Bollinger is better than them by default due to the fact he has played in the NFL?

Not saying that at all.

What I am saying is that QB's (even back-ups) who have NFL game experience have a leg up on college players who have yet to be drafted.

Not saying that back-up QB's have a better skill set than college QB's.

Just don't under estimate the value of game experience in the NFL.

Not saying that at all.

What I am saying is that QB's (even back-ups) who have NFL game experience have a leg up on college players who have yet to be drafted.

Not saying that back-up QB's have a better skill set than college QB's.

Just don't under estimate the value of game experience in the NFL.

So are you saying that you feel Shaub has a better skill set than Leinart/Cutler/Young? If that's the case then just come out and say it. There's no sense in saying Shaub is more valuable simply because he has NFL experience and then backtracking that statement on Bollinger. You want your cake and eat it too.

So are you saying that you feel Shaub has a better skill set than Leinart/Cutler/Young? If that's the case then just come out and say it. There's no sense in saying Shaub is more valuable simply because he has NFL experience and then backtracking that statement on Bollinger. You want your cake and eat it too.

As of right now, yes, I feel Schaub has a better NFL skill set than those 3.

How did Troy Aikman do his first year?

Very tough to walk in as a rookie QB and get the job done.

It takes time and game experience to improve your skill set in the NFL.

Holy sh*t when did you become a politician? You made a point that Shaub's credentials are better than Leinart/Young/Cutler to Nick Ferraro earlier in this thread (in your sarcastic style that we've all come to love chock full of :eek::eek::eek: ). Furthermore, at least in this thread, Ferarro said nothing about the trio of draftees, just that he felt Shaub is overrated, which I agree. So again, what point were you trying to make? Better yet, answer this:

If you are starting your franchise today, would you trade for Shaub or draft one of ?Leinart/Young/Cutler? Once you answer this then we can have a normal semi-homoerotic adult conversation on this. :cheers:

If you are starting your franchise today, would you trade for Shaub or draft one of ?Leinart/Young/Cutler? Once you answer this then we can have a normal semi-homoerotic adult conversation on this. :cheers:

Seeing that Schaub could be had for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and no huge signing bonus, I would go that route instead taking one of the other 3 with a top 10 draft pick.

A good franchise is always prudent with their money.;)

Seeing that Schaub could be had for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and no huge signing bonus, I would go that route instead taking one of the other 3 with a top 10 draft pick.

Ahhh....and good prudent franchises always know that they have the future #1 QB in the league waiting for them in the 6th round too, don't they? ;)

schaub was the acc player of the year, in the same conference as rivers who went 4th in the draft

He can be had for a 2nd? Atlanta wants a 1st for Schuab.

Cough-Big Ben-Cough

the reason he is so popular is that he is the prototype qb. pefect size, good arm/accuracy, and his mobility is also a +. on top of all that, he has nfl production. thats the thing with all the rook qbs in the draft. cutler has all the measurements, but didn't have alot of college production. Leinart has the production in the college game, but his arm strength and knee are in question.

Archived