Jets have way bigger issues....

Dunnie

The inability to move on from Zach Wilson is mind boggling. Not sure what Saleh and JD need to see. They probably know their jobs are safe because Aaron Rodgers is coming back next year but still.

Even if you accept the premise that the Jets had bigger issues in the game against Dallas than Zach Wilson, it still doesn't mean Zach Wilson was good. He doesn't move the offense. You can not trust him to read a defense and make consistently accurate throws. He's a terrible option as a game manager because he can't even do the basic things consistently decent. 

I get that when you lose your starting QB the play at the position is going to drop off but there are guys sitting at home who could play better than Zach Wilson in my opinion. Not sure why one of them isn't at least signed and in the building yet. Get the process started for the eventual benching of ZW that will happen. 

• Upvote 2

This organization is embedded into politics.  We need a fresh start once again, because the current regime has had its opportunities to establish the basics: have a decent OL that can protect the QB, have a backup veteran while utilizing the cap space for top priorities. Joe Douglas failed miserably establishing the basics.   

Coach Saleh is a decent human being and had his glory days as a DC. However, his inability to process the offense while depending on mediocre OCs, hinders this team from reaching higher goals. We need a hybrid-type HC, I suggested AR as a possible replacement for Saleh, but the politics reign at all levels around the Jets, including this platform.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

There is no greater idiocy than one who can only see things in black and white (read: literally). 

Actually, there is. From people who try the same thing over and over again. Which is why I stopped defending Zach. Because that's dumber than taking people literally.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The great thing for a team, maybe the best thing for a team not winning is to have a whipping boy.  A guy who is not good but whom 90% of the blame and or vitriol is tossed on.

It allows a lot of people doing a poor job or certainly not at all up to standards to skate away scott free.

The Jets oline is trash and has been trash all off season and training camp.  All the dire warnings re 38 year old LTs coming off an injury and not playing for like a year were swept away.

The defense is one that looks tremendous if you play into their hands with a standard NFL game plan, very unadaptable and stubbon in how they play.

The coaching is sub par on both sides of the ball.  

The GM has failed to improves some areas and his monumental gamble on the whole rodgers thing blew up in his face after 4 snaps.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

We do have Bigger Issues one of them being the referee's . I'm not sure how many times I saw Jets DL and LB's getting held so bad they were spinning around trying to pursue the play. On 2 big occasions I actually saw defenders on the Jets getting tackled. If that was not bad enough the Franklyn Myers play when he got thrown into the QB was the icing on the cake since he hit the QB a split second after the threw the ball and already started the tackle. To make it look fair when the game was all but over they started calling numerous meaningless penalties on the Cowboys mid 4th quarter. I'm not sure our defense played as bad as it seemed, its hard to play against blatant penalties and a good team.

Now I just read that Surrat is being fined for tripping LOL I wonder if Milano is being fined for all the head shots he delivered Monday Night as well . I mean we all know how much more dangerous it is for football players on an accidental trip that getting smashed in the head. if there was ever a time I wanted to see a player truly get hurt and squirm on the floor its ******* Matt Milano almost as much as I wanted to see Romanowski never get up off the turf.

I have to say that I am not usually on board with bashing the refs, but this game had me wondering which one of these guys was at Jerry's brothel on Saturday.  Huff blatantly held with his shirt being tugged.  JFM being held.  Hard to get sacks.  Probably does not bode well for next week.  

• Upvote 2