2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Mika was a big contributor last night which bodes well for our chances.  PP slap shot still seems a little off however.

Cannot overestimate the improvement in defense with moving back to a Schneider/Miller pairing.

Time to put the Caps out of their misery this weekend and then get ready for Carolina

• Upvote 1

Chytil is "doing well and close" to returning to game action.

Filip Chytil has been practicing with the team for nearly two weeks now, with his speed and intensity ramping up each day. He was expected to miss the rest of the season following a scary timeline of injuries − first a suspected concussion on Nov. 2, one of at least four he's believed to have sustained in his career, followed by a setback on Jan. 26 − but the 24-year-old center has progressed ahead of schedule and been medically cleared to practice in full.

Interesting question. Who sits then if Chytil actually does come back ? 

Rempe ?

Wennberg ?

The way the lines are playing right now, emphasis on right now I would be hard pressed to put in a guy who missed basically the entire season. 

I wouldn't touch the 4th line right now. Vesey, Goodrow and Rempe are playing really well.

The only place I see him right now would be on the third line maybe for Kakko or Wennberg ?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Rempe ?

Wennberg ?

The way the lines are playing right now, emphasis on right now I would be hard pressed to put in a guy who missed basically the entire season. 

I wouldn't touch the 4th line right now. Vesey, Goodrow and Rempe are playing really well.

The only place I see him right now would be on the third line maybe for Kakko or Wennberg ?

Until his goal in the last game I would have thought Roslovic might be the natural choice

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Rempe ?

Wennberg ?

As much as a risk as Rempe may be because the Caps will be running around wild tonight on their home ice, he has actually kept a pretty level head the last two weeks. He has fit in perfectly on that line and has contributed way beyond just being a physical presence. He skates, hits and scored a beautiful goal. Quite honestly, he gives them 100% more than Kaako, who is only playing because of his draft slot. I would take Rempe every day of the week over Kaako.

9 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Rempe ?

Wennberg ?

I don't think they have any plans on rushing him back into the lineup, so it's probably too early to make this call.

However, if it becomes apparent that a change needs to be made, then having Chytil available is huge.

• Upvote 1

Shesterkin gave up a real softy, 34 seconds later the Rangers score (Kreider deflection from Zibanejad)

Way to pick up your goaltender after a really bad goal.

Then Goodrow scores shorthanded from Trocheck and Matt Rempe hits like a truck.

Rangers looking really good so far, a lot of odd man rushes and great penalty killing.

*edit to be fair the puck did knuckle on Shesty.

Ovechkin robbed Shesterkin of what looked to be on target for an empty net goal.

Rangers win 3-1, go up 3-0 in the series.

Now if only the Fish and the Bolts could start winning.

21 hours ago, EM31 said:

The Capitals are far and away the weakest team in this year's playoffs.  We have played well so far but the world changes  as soon as this honeymoon ends.

Hoping the Icelanders can stretch their series to 6 games at a minimum. Expecting Hurricanes v. Rangers war... so evenly matched, it's scary.

Artemi Panarin’s game-winning goal moves him up in Rangers, NHL record books

Panarin’s 123 points through the regular season and playoffs so far surpassed Vic Hadfield for the second-most by a Ranger in a single season — behind only Jaromir Jagr’s 124 points in 2005-06.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/sports/artemi-panarins-game-winning-goal-moves-him-up-in-rangers-nhl-record-books/

• Upvote 2

Another monster-sized Rangers prospect sees path to NHL thanks to Matt Rempe

The legend of Matt Rempe has taken the NHL by storm since he debuted at the Stadium Series back in February. While New York Rangers fans have fallen in love with the 6-foot-8 rookie that hits like a train and is willing to take on any heavyweight, his success is catching the eye of another monster-sized prospect.

Dylan Roobroeck, selected in the sixth round of the 2023 draft by the Blueshirts comes in at 6-foot-7, and has taken his game to another level after seeing Rempe’s success on Broadway. As the Oshawa Generals find themselves one win away from the Ontario Hockey League Final, his coach Derek Laxdall made a very interesting observation.

“It’s funny, ever since Rempe has come on the scene with the Rangers, Dylan has really picked up his game,” Laxdall explained. “He sees the effectiveness of a big, heavy player and what he could do. Dylan has a great skill set. He skates well for a big man… he’s really taken a huge step in that area.”

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hurricanes @ Rangers!! MSG will be rocking. Need to jump out early, as they are such an offensively talented team. Shesty & Quick will need to post a 1.7 GAA this series. No easy goals. I’m very nervous.

Not having Fast and Pesce is a big blow to them.

Carolina though scares me more than anybody in the East. 

Rangers though win this in 7

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

Another monster-sized Rangers prospect sees path to NHL thanks to Matt Rempe

The legend of Matt Rempe has taken the NHL by storm since he debuted at the Stadium Series back in February. While New York Rangers fans have fallen in love with the 6-foot-8 rookie that hits like a train and is willing to take on any heavyweight, his success is catching the eye of another monster-sized prospect.

Dylan Roobroeck, selected in the sixth round of the 2023 draft by the Blueshirts comes in at 6-foot-7, and has taken his game to another level after seeing Rempe’s success on Broadway. As the Oshawa Generals find themselves one win away from the Ontario Hockey League Final, his coach Derek Laxdall made a very interesting observation.

“It’s funny, ever since Rempe has come on the scene with the Rangers, Dylan has really picked up his game,” Laxdall explained. “He sees the effectiveness of a big, heavy player and what he could do. Dylan has a great skill set. He skates well for a big man… he’s really taken a huge step in that area.”

Realize Lord Of The Rings GIF by Max

The Two Towers

Mordor & Isengard

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Haha 1