2024 NFL mock draft: Jordan Reid's Round 1 pick predictions

Claymation

14. New York Jets (3-3)

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

Mims has been sidelined since the third game of the season after undergoing TightRope surgery on his ankle. Coming into the season, many scouts saw him joining the top tier of offensive tackle prospects alongside Fashanu and Alt, and the talent is evident. The back end of Georgia's schedule will be key for him once he returns from injury, as Mims has never allowed a sack but only has five career starts. If he can build off what we've already seen, he's likely to be a quick riser during the pre-draft process. And since the Jets still have an unsettled offensive line, Mims could make a lot of sense here in the middle of Round 1.

Team needs: OT, S, QB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/38725599/2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-predictions-32-picks

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

An injured T, just what the Jets need!

lol this is where my brain went as well.  Honestly, I'm bored of these OT to the Jets mocks.  Really hoping Mitchell locks down this spot with this opportunity he has now.  If he does, OL really becomes a non-need - at least in the 1st.  Maybe you take a kid in the 4th or something to develop behind Tomlinson, who will probably be back next year if he continues to play as he has.

I'm most likely leaning WR or DT with the Jets pick.  Maybe QB if I'm feeling swirly and really fall in love with one of Sanders, Penix Jr or Nix come draft day.  If we really want a RT, I'm guessing Tailise Fuaga will be around at that spot and IMO is a better pick than Mims.  Overall though I'd be hoping for something like WR in 1, LB in 3, OG and QB or DT in 4.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, bonkertons said:

lol this is where my brain went as well.  Honestly, I'm bored of these OT to the Jets mocks.  Really hoping Mitchell locks down this spot with this opportunity he has now.  If he does, OL really becomes a non-need - at least in the 1st.  Maybe you take a kid in the 4th or something to develop behind Tomlinson, who will probably be back next year if he continues to play as he has.

I'm most likely leaning WR or DT with the Jets pick.  Maybe QB if I'm feeling swirly and really fall in love with one of Sanders, Penix Jr or Nix come draft day.  If we really want a RT, I'm guessing Tailise Fuaga will be around at that spot and IMO is a better pick than Mims.  Overall though I'd be hoping for something like WR in 1, LB in 3, OG and QB or DT in 4.

If Mitchell plays really well, you still need a tackle.

I guess you can franchise Becton, to give yourself another year.