The player I would love to draft with our 1st pick in the 4th round, #111.

Absolutely in!  I've heard several others mention his name as well.  I like the idea of adding more OL to the pipeline.  And a great run blocker would be a nice mix because I think Olu is considered more of a pass blocker (I know JD said he's underrated as a run blocker).

Olu, AVT, Tippy are the foundation.  And Carter Warren and Mahogany could be potential OT and OG foundation pieces as well.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely in!  I've heard several others mention his name as well.  I like the idea of adding more OL to the pipeline.  And a great run blocker would be a nice mix because I think Olu is considered more of a pass blocker (I know JD said he's underrated as a run blocker).

Olu, AVT, Tippy are the foundation.  And Carter Warren and Mahogany could be potential OT and OG foundation pieces as well.

You know, with one of the best running backs in the NFL with Breece Hall, we really need to help open holes for him to show his skills.

Mahogany is a mauler with an attitude, which is what Saleh is trying build with the team.  

The question we should ask ourselves is this:  Will the Jets pick up AVT's option for next year in May?

If we don't, we take the risk of him testing out free agency next year, and might be unable to resign him.

Why not have a guy like Mahogany, who can be a great depth piece for the offensive line this year, and a possible replacement for AVT next year, if we are unable to resign him.  Again, no one knows if JD will pick up AVT's option or not for next season, due to his injury history.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sorry, but I think these 3 picks should be, not in any specific order, DT, S/CB & LB. 

The OL is more than full right now…. Safety is lacking & there is some really great value on the board at DT.

I'm not against picking anyone in the 4th round with the exception of CB.  What the question is: "What is the best value pick with our 1st pick?"  And I will disagree with you on the OL.  We have now 2 solid depth pieces at left or right tackle, but only 1 quality depth piece with the interior offensive line, which is Schweitzer.  We can use another one for this year, and someone who can step in in future years, if we have continued concerns about AVT's health, and don't oick up his option for next year.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sorry, but I think these 3 picks should be, not in any specific order, DT, S/CB & LB. 

The OL is more than full right now…. Safety is lacking & there is some really great value on the board at DT.

Maybe a running back in there.

Although, o line depth never hurts

57 minutes ago, Alka said:

You know, with one of the best running backs in the NFL with Breece Hall, we really need to help open holes for him to show his skills.

Mahogany is a mauler with an attitude, which is what Saleh is trying build with the team.  

The question we should ask ourselves is this:  Will the Jets pick up AVT's option for next year in May?

If we don't, we take the risk of him testing out free agency next year, and might be unable to resign him.

Why not have a guy like Mahogany, who can be a great depth piece for the offensive line this year, and a possible replacement for AVT next year, if we are unable to resign him.  Again, no one knows if JD will pick up AVT's option or not for next season, due to his injury history.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.  Look at the contracts teams are giving to free agent OL.  Get another IOL in there and build the core.  I'd feel better much better about this team if we got a guy like this.  

• Upvote 2

I'd rather take a shot on a QB. I'm sure they will. Whichever one they like the best is fine with me since I know Jack sh*t. If his name happens to BE Jack sh*t, I'd be doubly happy. 

Another WR would be nice. He can be named anything. 

I don't know if drafting purely for depth instead of taking your swings is the smartest way to approach the later rounds since none of these guys are guarantees at all.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

My feeling is G depth is easier to find later 

I'm sure you're right, but I'm not just looking for depth; I'm looking for the next starter on the O line should we lose AVT to free agency after this year, assuming we don't pick up his option for next year.

57 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'd rather take a shot on a QB. I'm sure they will. Whichever one they like the best is fine with me since I know Jack sh*t. If his name happens to BE Jack sh*t, I'd be doubly happy. 

Another WR would be nice. He can be named anything. 

I don't know if drafting purely for depth instead of taking your swings is the smartest way to approach the later rounds since none of these guys are guarantees at all.

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we drafted someone with that name!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Javon Baker - WR - UCF

This is my guy too, but I haven’t heard any connection of him to the Jets. Franklin seems more likely if he lasts, which I don’t hate but it’s very easy to see how he fails (which is also probably why he’s available).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I believe we pick 9th today in the 4th round, but the player I want will probably not make it to #9, and If I were JD, I would trade up to grab him with the 1st pick of the 4th round.

Most of you will not like my pick, but I would take Christian Mahogany, who is an OG.

What they say about him:

6'3"  314 Pounds

- OG who is an absolute mauler in the run game.

-Destructive force of nature who snowplows opponents on combo blocks and pulls.

-Massive dense frame and well leverage frame with good proportional length.

JD and Saleh want violent, aggressive players on our football team, and this guy hits the mark!  A true value pick in the 4th round.

If we are unable to get him, or stay put at #111, my backup picks are : 1. Cedric Gray LB or 2. Jeremiah Trotter LB

We have 8 linemen currently who will definitely make the roster, but we need one or two more quality backups.  I would love, love, love to get Christian Mahogany.  The Jets would have one of the best O lines in the NFL, and some of the best depth at the O line in the NFL.  And we need it, because our offensive linemen seem to be always getting injured.

He is a Mauler. I watched tape on him and he loved to pancake the guy he has to block. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I believe we pick 9th today in the 4th round, but the player I want will probably not make it to #9, and If I were JD, I would trade up to grab him with the 1st pick of the 4th round.

Most of you will not like my pick, but I would take Christian Mahogany, who is an OG.

What they say about him:

6'3"  314 Pounds

JD and Saleh want violent, aggressive players on our football team, and this guy hits the mark!  A true value pick in the 4th round.

If we are unable to get him, or stay put at #111, my backup picks are : 1. Cedric Gray LB or 2. Jeremiah Trotter LB

We have 8 linemen currently who will definitely make the roster, but we need one or two more quality backups.  I would love, love, love to get Christian Mahogany.  The Jets would have one of the best O lines in the NFL, and some of the best depth at the O line in the NFL.  And we need it, because our offensive linemen seem to be always getting injured.

2 hours ago, Alka said:

What they say about him:

6'3"  314 Pounds

Get Mahogany, JD!   Build the desk!!!

• Upvote 1

I said that the Jets would need to move up to the top of the 4th round in order to get Mahogany.  Apparently I was right, since he was taken as the 2nd pick in the 4th round.  Oh well...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

What they say about him:

6'3"  314 Pounds

Great idea, but you know Douglas happens 

19 hours ago, Alka said:

I said that the Jets would need to move up to the top of the 4th round in order to get Mahogany.  Apparently I was right, since he was taken as the 2nd pick in the 4th round.  Oh well...

Mahogany was taken in the 6th round (6.34) by the Lions.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can’t believe the jets didn’t draft everyone the fans wanted 

jerks 

Especially after wasting our time not signing all the FA's people wanted previously. 

Pure laziness

21 hours ago, Alka said:

Falling Down Fall GIF by Julian Frost

• Haha 1