Like it or not

JETS SB

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The problem is many-fold. First, colleges are running offenses that are so different than NFL offenses, so projecting is harder. Also, the skill set is so limited in college because of the sets, the footwork is different, the reads are different, etc.

THEN, we play them immediately where we used to give most kids a few years to learn the nfl system, now we throw them in instantly, and if they arent good really quickly, its an impossible spot.

On top of that, the coaching is worse than ever. The coaching pool is recycled family and friends much more than coaching talent.

All combined leads to bad QB play in the NFL

I think we’re seeing some more alignment between the college and pro passing games, and it should pay dividends moving forward. Offenses are leaning into the same analytics in both college and pro, and the best offensive teams are running similar spread systems. What made Zach sucking so predictable is that he played in the spread behind a bunch of 26 year old Mormon linemen in a weak conference where he never got sacked. Ideally, you want to see a prospect successfully manage the game when facing a pass rush, and the Jets drafted Zach without knowing if he could so that. He cannot. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I had an entire thread a while back based around this very concept.  The "stop hiring ex-D-Co rookie head coaches, and stop letting those rookie head coaches draft 1st round QB's".  A thread dedicated to the idea that we need to shift this franchises management focus to experienced, Offensive-minded coaches from our quagmire of D-Co's.  I detailed not only the low odds of a rookie D-Co and their draft pick QB winning a Super Bowl, but showed that the majority of Super Bowls in recent decades have been won by experiences offensive-minded coaches with a previous track record of success elsewhere.  

See, the problem seems to be that some folks have is they only see or read things they want to, and they ignore the rest.

For example, you say this:

When I've been one of JD's most consistent critics.  Not just Zach's.  JD and Saleh get my criticism too.  Especially JD, who I think is vastly over-rated by this community, generally.

And you've certainly not "taken less issue" with me, on the contrary....

Seems you either missed all my JD criticism over the many years or....yeah.  You'd have to tell me.

Make no mistake, multiple things can and often are true.

JD and Saleh are an issue.  One that needs addressed.

But Zach Wilson IS absolutely, unquestionably, a major and central part of the problem.  

The Zach guys see the writing on the wall and they want to retcon their “Zach will be elite” takes in advance. They instead want to pretend that their position this whole time was that criticism of Zach was simply overly mean and misguided. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, T0mShane said:

FWIW, both Hughes and Rosenblatt are reporting with confidence that the Raiders game is Zach Wilson’s last chance, and if he starts out bad, he won’t make it past halftime. Interested to see if Saleh makes Siemian active as the emergency three. 

Annnnd he wasn’t elevated. Womp. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I had an entire thread a while back based around this very concept.  The "stop hiring ex-D-Co rookie head coaches, and stop letting those rookie head coaches draft 1st round QB's".  A thread dedicated to the idea that we need to shift this franchises management focus to experienced, Offensive-minded coaches from our quagmire of D-Co's.  I detailed not only the low odds of a rookie D-Co and their draft pick QB winning a Super Bowl, but showed that the majority of Super Bowls in recent decades have been won by experiences offensive-minded coaches with a previous track record of success elsewhere.  

See, the problem seems to be that some folks have is they only see or read things they want to, and they ignore the rest.

For example, you say this:

When I've been one of JD's most consistent critics.  Not just Zach's.  JD and Saleh get my criticism too.  Especially JD, who I think is vastly over-rated by this community, generally.

And you've certainly not "taken less issue" with me, on the contrary....

Seems you either missed all my JD criticism over the many years or....yeah.  You'd have to tell me.

Make no mistake, multiple things can and often are true.

JD and Saleh are an issue.  One that needs addressed.

But Zach Wilson IS absolutely, unquestionably, a major and central part of the problem.  

Ive never seen you criticize JD, I don't read every post on this board so I likely missed it. Not saying you  havent, just havent seen it

Any time I took issue with you, its been around blaming every single thing on ZW and letting everyone else off the hook, but, I will also say the majority of the interaction you and I have had, has been you making snarky ass comments as replies to me saying sh*t like so you refuse to put any blame on the player, in which case I reply.

I will say this until I am blue in the face, you bring in someone who knows what they are doing with the QB position, all of our problems go away within 2 years. If you have a ZW on your roster, and they don't see anything in them, ZW is gone. They will find a good QB. Andy Reid ALWAYS has a good QB, Sean Payton will have a good QB within 2 years, Pederson took Lawrence from sh*t to really good. Keep hiring guys like Bowles, Saleh, etc., who bring in bad OCs who cant outshine them, and then you have big problems like ZW. Fix the regime and the QB will take care of itself

On 11/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, T0mShane said:

FWIW, both Hughes and Rosenblatt are reporting with confidence that the Raiders game is Zach Wilson’s last chance, and if he starts out bad, he won’t make it past halftime. Interested to see if Saleh makes Siemian active as the emergency three. 

RobertSaleh-IPleadThe5th.jpg.aabb818ea4d3e1638b4b5828f13bc76a.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think we’re seeing some more alignment between the college and pro passing games, and it should pay dividends moving forward. Offenses are leaning into the same analytics in both college and pro, and the best offensive teams are running similar spread systems. What made Zach sucking so predictable is that he played in the spread behind a bunch of 26 year old Mormon linemen in a weak conference where he never got sacked. Ideally, you want to see a prospect successfully manage the game when facing a pass rush, and the Jets drafted Zach without knowing if he could so that. He cannot. 

I didnt love the draft class, and was on record saying that if we insist on drafting one, Fields was the guy I would draft because his running ability would make his ceiling pretty high for at least a while. Then I read about the brilliance of MLF and how he was the next genius OC, and how much he loved ZW and I said ok, if you have a coach who is legit and he loves ZW, and he thinks he can make him work, I can get behind that. 

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I didnt love the draft class, and was on record saying that if we insist on drafting one, Fields was the guy I would draft because his running ability would make his ceiling pretty high for at least a while. Then I read about the brilliance of MLF and how he was the next genius OC, and how much he loved ZW and I said ok, if you have a coach who is legit and he loves ZW, and he thinks he can make him work, I can get behind that. 

Which is weird because, by all accounts, LaFleur is the first guy who wanted to bench Zach and was shot down by management. Our trusty insiders claim that LaFleur got fired because he was “too mean” to Wilson, and Steve Young said that LaFleur was using “tough love.” The org responded by showering Zach with blowjobs and hiring a professional QB fluffer in Nate Hackett to be nice to him, but it doesn’t appear to have worked. Maybe Zach is like Goldilocks and needs an OC who is medium-mean to him?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which is weird because, by all accounts, LaFleur is the first guy who wanted to bench Zach and was shot down by management. Our trusty insiders claim that LaFleur got fired because he was “too mean” to Wilson, and Steve Young said that LaFleur was using “tough love.” The org responded by showering Zach with blowjobs and hiring a professional QB fluffer in Nate Hackett to be nice to him, but it doesn’t appear to have worked. Maybe Zach is like Goldilocks and needs an OC who is medium-mean to him?

I don't trust any info that comes from this org, but what I heard was that the reason he got fired was not because he was mean, it was becuase he completely ignored his mechanics and everyone saw how bad his mechanics were and MLF didnt give a sh*t and expected them to fix themselves, but who knows, and who cares honestly

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Even as a ZW-hopeful, I enjoy all of your negative posts about him.  That said, I'm pretty sure Nate Hackett was brought in to appease AR8.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, JETS SB said:

Zach Wilson is our QB for the reminder of the season or until Aaron Rodgers returns

Robert Saleh is our coach for the remainder of this season and next season 

Joe Douglas is our GM for the remainder of this season and next season

Nathaniel Hackett is our OC for the remainder of this season and next season

Whenever Aaron Rodgers returns and is ready to play and wants to play, he will be our QB until either he wants to retire or gets injured again

Jets nation will continue to bitch about every one of these things, even though they will never be listened to. 

“The Jets will win on Sunday and Zach Wilson will be the reason why”  - quote today from  Brandon Tierney WFAN

Doesn't mean I have to watch. I don't care about the Jets at this point. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 4:17 PM, JETS SB said:

Zach Wilson is our QB for the reminder of the season or until Aaron Rodgers returns

Robert Saleh is our coach for the remainder of this season and next season 

Joe Douglas is our GM for the remainder of this season and next season

Nathaniel Hackett is our OC for the remainder of this season and next season

Whenever Aaron Rodgers returns and is ready to play and wants to play, he will be our QB until either he wants to retire or gets injured again

Jets nation will continue to bitch about every one of these things, even though they will never be listened to. 

“The Jets will win on Sunday and Zach Wilson will be the reason why”  - quote today from  Brandon Tierney WFAN

Bumpity bump (I’d have bumped one of your most recent threads but they weird all got locked!)

How we feeling now?