POTW - April 12, 2006

GreenBeans

Choose your POTW!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Choose your POTW!

Welcome to the "I'm not Polish" addition of everyone's favorite game show, POTW. I am GreenBeans and I'm your host for this train-wreck of compiled posts - glad you can be with us. First and foremost today, I'd like to take the time to thank Boozer76 for not coming to North Carolina to kill me for missing is POTW nomination last week. I understand he is a bit "hot-headed" when he feels that Polish people are being discriminated against.

This week's winner was a difficult choice to make, so we here at POTW are going to ask for a vote of The Nation to determine which of these three fine posts should win. The final decision will be based on the standings at 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

Here are the candidates:

1. Originally Posted by Shadetree
    Bradway was in charge of the V.Green retirement, so he will count as $1.25 mill against this years cap.
  2. Topic (Jetnation getaways)
    Originally Posted by Boozer76
    No doubt it would be Brenda, but I'd have to be single to really enjoy it.

The peorson I would not want to go with is Flowtrain, although I don't think he posts here. Mainly because the conversation would be like this:

Me: Hey Flow, should we go right or left here?

Flow: Well, asw you can see going right is certainly a valid option. It will possibly lead us to where we need to get to, but then again it might take us further away. If we go left, that avenue could possibly have benefits that we might not realize at the moment. Down the road there are consequences and benefits to each decision. Left or right, it might not look like the correct way at first but in the long run it just might be the best option.

Me: So, WTF are you saying? Left or Right?

Flow: Clearly your conscince can't handle to intellectual nourishment that I have provided. I have wielded my blade of knowledge, but yet you cannot comprehend the subtle slice of information I have bestowed on you. You are a mere peasant to my brain capacity.

Me: OK dude whatever the f*ck you say.

Flowtrain's JI worshipers: Dude Flow you pwned him man!! Thsat was serious pwnage!! Is anyone possibly more knowledgeable than Flow?!! My god I want to conceive your children through my penis as a sacrifice to your greatness!!
  3. Originally Posted by Barton
    Does the minivan have a DVD player for the kiddies in the backseat?

I'm sure your wife will love to drive you around town as you watch Zoolander in the backseat drinking juicy juice with your buddies.
  4. Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen
    V.y ran 4.6 and Cutler ran 4.7 thats great for cutler,But thats in a striaght line bro!.

Originally Posted by bitonti
    Mike Vick ran a 4.2 and they still caught him and broke his leg. You don't think vince young will get injured? it's not a matter of if but when. Vince can't even carry Vick's luggage in terms of pure athleticism. There's a reason why they don't run the option in the NFL.
  5. Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria
    I'm pretty sure Pontius Pilate was a Yankees fan.

Originally Posted by Bugg
    The Romans had a good 700-year run. Same thing-lousy pitching gave the barbarians an opening.
  6. Originally Posted by nvot9
    Yes, and of the QB's since 2000 (only because the tecnology and scouting has changed so much up until 2000) (not including 2005 QB's, because they are still to be decided on) 6 out of the 11 QB's to be taken, have turned out to be fabulous. And if we are not including 2002, which has been the worst year for QB's since 1992, then 6 out of 8 of the recent first round QB's are considered franchise QB's. Also, if we want to take Phillip Rivers out of there, only because he is just starting to play, then 6 of 7 QB's are franchise QB's. Take that into consideration, the odds are not all that against us.

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards
    Translation: "If you remove all statistics that don't do my opinion justice, by starting with an arbitrary year of my choosing, and then another entire year of drafting QB's in the top-3/top-12, remove from the equation any QB who can't break into the starting lineup for his first two full seasons, and further skew things by assessing mediocre performances as "fabulous" then you will see that my point is validated."

Please make your selections!

The other candidates were:

Originally Posted by Smizzy

We both know nobody ****s you more than once.

Originally Posted by Maxman

Technically that isn't true. I just have to pay more the 2nd time.

-----

Originally Posted by Verde

I'm as much of a pervert as you are an anorexic.

-----

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Hawk is about to hit the Poon lottery and he's getting married. What an idiot.

-----

Bren has just been banned. It was a 12 minute banning. It started 3 minutes ago. She received 10 minutes off the sentence for good behavior.

-----

Originally Posted by bman

looking at those stats is rediculous...

Do you know how many Florida /MiamiQB's have had AMAZING STATS and have SUCKED if dtafted at all...

Steve Walsh

Gino Toretta

Danny Weurfall...

Cutler is strong, tough and has a gun...

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

Vinny Testaverde. I'm just sayin'....

LOL. I'd nominate that for POTW, but seeing as how you are ineligible.........

-----

(Topic: Buying a minivan)

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

Just make sure they throw in the "I'm Pussywhipped" bumper sticker for free!

The dealer made MY husband pay for it.

-----

Originally Posted by Sharrow

jessicaalba004.jpg

-----

Pardon me while I interrupt the Max bashing for a moment.

--- Thank You TaborJet for your donation. Unfortunately it came with a note that is POTW material. But I am not printing it here, lol. You can if you like that is your call! ---

Seriously....thanks. I once offered Tabor this site and I said I would pay him a small fee to take it. What does he do? He donates money to me which was his way of saying, nah you keep running it. You the man Tabor!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Max bashing.

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

80s mets, 90s yanks, and the next decade,,,

tick tick tick

is 2000 part of the 90's? Because I think the Yankees won it that year. Beat the Mets actually.

tick tick tick.

-----

(nominated as "Attachment of the Week - sounds kinky)

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1147

-----

Patsfantx made a second donation. And all I can say is wow. Thank you! That was very nice of you!

If it's a POTW honor he's looking for, he sent the cash to the wrong person

Did he? Let's see how you feel about that statement on Wednesday.

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

Oh that's right, you're polish aren't you? Greenbeans, could you please disregard my POTFW nomination please? Kay thanks...

-----

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

Tennessee Titans

04/06/06

Now that I am an official Titan, I have been in Nashville the last 3 weeks working out with my new team and getting acquainted with my new teammates. Nashville is every bit as nice as everyone has said. My family and I are truly excited about moving to this area! I have gotten to know most of the O-line guys, spoken with Norm Chow, and now just trying to set an example on how to be a professional. I am eagerly anticipating the opening weekend next season, as it has been released that we will be playing the Jets! How's that for irony, right off the bat, I get to play my former team! Can't wait! To all the Titans fans, I anticipate having as much success in the Coliseum as I had at Giants stadium. God Bless, Kevin

Earlier this week myself and about 25 other active and former NFL players finished the Wharton Business School, NFL transitioning seminar....some title like that. Anyways, it was a 2 part 3 days each workshop dealing with everything from financial investments, real estate business, understanding and making sense of pro forma and other types of business spreadsheets, and pretty much anything else you can imagine when it comes to business and and business ownership. It was well worth the long hours (8am - 9pm) each day in order to gain knowledge and insight to better prepare ourselves for life after football and beyond. So next time you think of an NFL player as the same old stereotype, think twice, he may have just finished Wharton! God Bless

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

dontbugme.gif

-----

Originally Posted by joewilly

kudo's gg that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

many good ones as always but I think beans got it right again...... even though he eats polish woman & steals their food.

Wait a second, who the hell are you?? joewilly, joewillie, williejoe, jillywoe?? I'm losing track. Are you the funny joewilly we all know and love or are you the one from Grand Cayman? What's next: Naxman, Snizzy, Buns of Bavaria, fada??? WTF?

-----

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

That this is even talked about, is hysterical.

Wagner started using the song in '96, but that is not realy the point.

Are the Yankees now going to claim that "take me out to the ball game" is theirs too?

How 'bout hot dogs-They want to secure that so no one else can serve them?

Typical Yankee hysteria

(The nomination: "POTW,, although Beans couldnt allow himself to give a POTW to a Yankee dig post

100% on point,,,its hilarious,,,and yes, the Mets will win more than the Yanks this year as I predicted a month ago,,easy bet,,," - SouthernJet)

-----

Originally Posted by The Troll

I was saying that to BoSox because he told me that "only fans of real teams" could discuss baseball in this thread. If the Sox are real, then so are the Cubs because they both ****ing suck.

What's more ridiculous: putting the Cubs in the same class as the Sox...or putting the Sox in the same class as the Yanks?

If you choose option B, you are delusional.

-----

I'm pretty sure JI has a bowel movement forum.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

It's called the Landing Strip.

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

He traded for Corey Dillon, didn't he?

You just can't over look White's production on the football field.

A lot of 22 year old kids make mistakes (getting arrested, guns, etc), White made one by showing up at Pro Day the way he did.

Hopefully, he learned from it.

Fast forward to draft day after the Jets take White at #29

PatsFanTx: What a bunch of dumbasses, picking a RB with bigger knockers than Dolly Parton. This is why the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL.

-----

Originally Posted by Jet/BosoxFan

True, but Rivera is likely gonna hit the wall one of these years (I think) and Jonathan Papelbon has his ENTIRE career ahead of him.

Its a known fact that 80% of GMs would rather have Jonathan Papelbon closing games than Mariano Rivera. Wait, did I say that out loud, or did I just think that?

-----

Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria

Maxman, 37, of New Jersey., mailed the explosive device in February 2005 because he was "extremely unhappy with the results" of the $8,000 surgery

So this is what happened to those Paypal donations

-----

Originally Posted by Matt39

Whys that?

Considering the Mets have pretty much copied eveyrthing the Yanks do.

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

Except win

-----

McNair's best days are behind him, and he's almost as injury-prone as Pennington.

I'll pass.

-----

Originally Posted by Savage69

When will POTW stand for Pissed Off Tex Wins??

-----

Last week's missed POTW NOM

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Would I grab Bush?-Possibly, so long as it doesn't get me arrested.

Would I trade up and invest in Bush?-It better be some good Bush

Is Bush capable of satisfying long term needs?-Usually not. Bush is great at first, but over the long term you start to hear the mouth that came with it.

Would Bush be willing to shave personal needs?-It better if it expects to fit my needs.

-----

That's all for this time - see you tomorrow for the winner!

GB

we here at POTW are going to ask for a vote of The Nation to determine which of these three fine posts should win.

Here are the candidates:

1. Originally Posted by Shadetree
  2. Originally Posted by Boozer76
  3. Originally Posted by Barton
  4. Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen
  5. Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria
  6. Originally Posted by nvot9

How the hell can we let Beans count the votes when he thinks we only have three finalists??? WTF???? :eek:

I voted for boozer #2 for 2 reasons......but there were lots of good ones as usual

both of my reasons are stinkin hilarious so I will wait to post them til a slow week for nominations. this potw award is a tough nut to crack (christ even the girls are funny on this board,like when does that happen in real life?)

perhaps a week will come when everyones computer is down cept me & section 124, or perhaps max is right & penis is an aquired taste which I will now endeavor to aquire & pay greenbeans a votegetting visit.

Archived